Saturday, September 3, 2022

Shapes Caturday ART

 


I stumbled on an Old Post a bout Shapes from 2009.
Someone challenged bloggers to take their cameras and find Shapes.
I remember thinking, I don't see shapes.
I took my camera with me to the YMCA the next day and suddenly I could not stop seeing shapes.
I challenge you to find shapes with your camera and post them.
Any day, any time. If you don't want to go out to look, dive into your archives and look for shapes.
Every shape and there are a lot more than the above, starts with one of Three Shapes
Circle, Square, Triangle
and great art starts with one of these theree.
Look at each shape and you can see what they did to each one to create a new. like the oval from the circle
Your Mission should you accept it it FIND SHAPES in your camera lens or Photos

Kitchen chairs, circles







My favorite has all three of the basics and a few more besides
Be careful, I found it difficult to stop seeing shapes for a long time. 




17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Everything has some kind of shape, so they are everywhere and everything. So are you saying that everything started from one of these basic shapes, and then extrapolated from it?

CheerfulMonk said...

I have a potful of pictures on my iPhone, so I will check!

Tigger's Mum said...

That is the sort of lesson in looking really LOOKING that art classes often try to instill into students. You should charge for that....

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well, you know I have been doing that all my life, seeing shape and pattern. I, therefore, do not see this as a challenge. However, in the spirit of things, I may have to go around my home and try to photograph the everyday ordinary and have it look artistic/posterly...perhaps a month's worth for the MY TAKE bloggy...hmmm... there we are, will you accept my alternative offering??? YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

You did good!! And in my opinion, the Y was a fantastic setting for your shapes.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You did great, finding lots of shapes at the "Y".
It is a fun challenge. Take care, have a great day!

Ann said...

What a fun challenge. Yes, I can see how this would make you see things differently.

Rose said...

I think insee shapes already because of my wuilting.

My Mind's Eye said...

MS I love shapes and shadows and am also drawn to them before I know it.
Thank you for your compliment about my header.
The Photo is a free stock photo from PiZap. I love the paw background and always like to match it with photos.
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Uh-oh. You may have created a monster -- before I even climbed out of bed, I was mad-snapping! I don't know if they'll make it to my blog, but it's fun.
I, too, love your last picture best. I'm besotted by black and white (and gray).

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love shapes and especially love the sun shining through and making shapes on the floor or wall! I'm obsessed with them! lol

Betty Manousos said...

oh my word, you make art my friend! excellent! love all of them.
happy weekend! xoxo

Chatty Crone said...

I will start looking.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are awesome shapes you have photos of!

DeniseinVA said...

I am always noticing shapes and patterns and you are right, once you start looking for them, they just keep on coming.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

I think anything and everything has a shape - including me the human :-)

photowannabe said...

Love the challenge and will do it when I get home from church.
Sue