Friday, July 21, 2023

Nature Friday again the back yard

 


 Nada! Nothing! to post!  I decided to stop posting until I could find something new to post. 

I noticed the above purslane had a green space in it. That space is full of buds, the candy stripe flowers. When purchased it was white, stripe, pink. You saw that in a prior post. All blooming at once.
Moss Roses have lived on our stump in the front yard for YEARS!
Due to the size of the oak tree, the stump that it lived on, doesn't get 6 hours of sun this year, which is a requirement for blooming.
they will live in the shade but not bloom.

I moved it to the back yard and for some reason, the pink and white blooms daily, 
the stripe flowers do not.


I changed the perspective of my phone, and you can't tell.


today there are 3 striped blooms at bottom and 3 at top and of course MOI! Shadow

It's still pretty but is odd to me. Bob thinks it has to do with where the sun falls on it.
The plant needs full sun for no less than 6 hours and as much as 10. 
there is nowhere in the yard at this time of year it will get more than 5 unless I move it twice a day, and who can remember to do that?


Hope this works Rosy, for Nature Friday at The LLB Life with Rosy and Sunny
to be continued.




16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is so pretty, and long lasting! How long does it stay in bloom?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Of course it works for NF... and isn't it fascinating how the blooms appear to have an 'on/off' switch?! YAM xx

Ann said...

It's pretty. I like the striped ones the best.

eileeninmd said...

The blooms all look pretty to me.
Take care, enjoy your day!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Seems like a worthwhile post to me. One never tires of flowers.

Mevely317 said...

Interesting. Your 'candy striper' sure looks healthy ... but I agree, having to move her twice a day is a bit much. She's trying!

PS - Love the shadow shot!

DeniseinVA said...

Very pretty! That would be hard to move!

My Mind's Eye said...

Purrfect for Rosy's Nature post and what a pretty bloom
Hugs Cecilia

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Of course it works! Such pretty flowers...no matter which color they turn into LOL!

Linda said...

What a pretty striped flower! I have umbrellas over my shade garden because they were still getting too much sun! I water and water and things still droop! SO looking forward to more moderate temps!!!

photowannabe said...

Fascinating that it bloomed when you moved it. So pretty and a nice bright spot added to your day.
I "got Nothin' to post today either. Serving at Celebrate Recovery tonight in the 105F temps. Thank goodness for AC. Not being very creative, serving all bought good and fresh cherries and store bought grapes.
Hope your weekend goes well and there is no Drama...
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

I like the striped one. But I could not move it twice. Crate mertals need sun all the time too.

Brian's Home Blog said...

The blooms sure do look pretty! It's almost to hot for anything to bloom around here.

CheerfulMonk said...

They're pretty, but not worth moving all the time to keep them getting sun. It made a great blog post, though. 😊

Tigger's Mum said...

I'm sure the ones on our office balcony in Greece didn't get that much sun but they flowered endlessly. Yours are looking just fabulous. Xxx Mr T

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It looks pretty. That is a lot of sunlight that it requires.