Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Our Lizard, Big Guy (POO)

 


Sitting In my chair, with Chromebook in lap, I noticed Big Guy, our 6-inch-long Brown Anole that lives on our Window to The World. My iPhone is always beside me waiting for a photo opportunity to create a POO Post! Big Guy is what we named him, because he is the largest one, we have named.
He hangs out all day long on the window. We have watched him WOO his wife, chase the Ladies, grab bugs from the air with the speed of lightning. Sometimes he moves to the Palm tree and this past week, after I neglected to water the ferns under the windows, he had to seek water in the potted fern on the porch. I had no idea he was in the pot and watered the plant.
He stood up, cocked his head, looked me in the eye as though to say,
thank you, you finally remembered you are my water source. I said, Sorry Big Guy,
I forgot you have no raindrops and sorry I almost drowned you.


During drought, we need to keep water out for birds, butterflies, bees, possums, raccoons, lizards and even wasps. The easy way to water for the insects is by spraying water on the nearby plants. While watering the Moss Rose out back, I sprayed it and the Red Admiral flew up and away. I said I am sorry; I did not know you were there. Enjoy your water.


Moral of this POO... water for your outdoor critters, keep you cell handy for POO moments


18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE it!

DeniseinVA said...

Love this! We have lizards around here but are rarely seen. I know they like the weather hot. Great photos and you are right, it pays to have the cell handy.

CheerfulMonk said...

That's a great arrangement. Win-win!!

easyweimaraner said...

the real windows tv not invented by billy gates LOL... we have only lizards in southern france, but with such a windows tv we probably would lose our window ;O)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Isn't it wonderful that in the ordinary we can find the extraordinary?! YAM xx

Ann said...

I don't know how I would feel about a lizard hanging out on my window all day long. He does make for good blog fodder though.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I would be watching the lizard on the window. Great entertainment, they are cool visitors. You are so right about the critters needing water.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Rose said...

I love his curly tail...he does not look real.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

You are to be very highly commended for providing water for wildlife. It must evaporate quickly in your hot climate so a timely drink is no doubt especially welcome.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We keep water out too and it's a popular spot for birds mostly. We do have some of these lizards but none that big! Fun post!

My Mind's Eye said...

OML he looks ginormous at that angle. I can see all his toes and what a curly tail
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

I so love the anole and lizards/chameleons that hang around out back -- entertaining us and taunting the girls. Unfortunately, since the leaf filters were installed we're not seeing as many. I keep telling myself one has nothing to do with the other, but still.....

I need to start wearing my mother's old cobbler apron more often to stick my phone in the pockets.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love your friend! Nice that you think about them and give them some water.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

A great public service announcement and a Big Guy is a real cutie!!

Chatty Crone said...

I never thought about them needing water too - am I bad???

Tigger's Mum said...

He has got a super curly tail. We leave water out in a paint roller tray. The ramp works for insects to walk down to the water and not fly in and drown. I saw something recently about making muddy patches for butterflies - apparently they suck water out of the dirt

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We all like to try to catch those guys when they run in our rock bed. But they are much too quick for us.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Brian's Home Blog said...

That looks like Godzilla!