Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Steep Learning Curve Ahead!


I knew there was a steep learning curve when I received the iPad, never having even touched and iPad before. 

Dreading the set-up, fearing my senior brain might explode, I turned it on and it said
HELLO, I am hear to help you with your new iPad and several taps later in the set up I read these words!
I have detected an iPhone, you may put that close to the iPad and they will marry* each other and all your information will be automatically transferred.


It Worked and what a wedding it was. They merged info from phone to tablet and all my apps that I downloaded of games and I spied Insta-toon and PicCollage, everything appeared like
magic in the new iPad. 

A marriage of convenience MY convenience. I I did all the hard work 16 months ago when I struggled with the phone. thank you Bing Designer for the wedding of my life....
** note: the words it said might not have been married, but it was the same thing, they met, they matched, the melded, ...............................I found something was missing...
Not a single contact to be found in the iPad. OyVey
I will spare you the agony and brain power expended, but it said I DO and I did,and the contacts  moved with all their siblings into the new wedding cottage.

 



23 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

So were you able to load the contacts?

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. I love the tech wedding!!

diane b said...

I love my apple devises because thye are all synced with each other. I love how when you take photos on the iPhone they automatically go onto your photos app on the iPad and my laptop. You are going to have fun learning what it can do.do you have a special iPad cushion to prop it up in? Especially gopod in bed. Sorry to hearabout your veins and the pain.

CheerfulMonk said...

Sorry about the contacts, but hurray Apple for making the rest so easy. 👍

DeniseinVA said...

I absolutely love your turn of phrase. I also enjoyed those pictures. Wishing you many hours of fun with your new iPad. Hope you get those contacts transferred :)

Ann said...

That was some wedding. It sounds like that part of it wasn't so bad. So then the contacts did end up transferring to the iPad?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I know this experience...but with Google Android devices. My phone and Chromebook are in harmonious union 🥰 YAM xx

Rose said...

What a wedding! I like that it was a tech wedding, too.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Maybe there were contacts that the new marriage would rather eliminate!

eileeninmd said...

What a wedding, indeed! I only used my ipad to read my kindle books.
I hope you find a way to handle the contacts.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad it mirrored or synced so well. I do know it is always the good ole addresses that make it hard!

Mevely317 said...

That 'wedding' is so neat! Me thinks Apple should pay you for these illustrations to use in their marketing campaign!

I'm so nervous to break in new technology. Even tho' it's just an Android, that's probably what's keeping me from getting a new model. Last time Verizon just gave Tom a single sheet of paper of instructions to transfer everything -- then he lost all his photos.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I know your apple devices will be very happy together!!

photowannabe said...

What a wedding!!!
Sorry you had to transfer the contacts but glad they are all in your new wedding cottage..
Wow for technology.
Thanks for the heads up on the spam folder..going to check mine now.
Sue

My Mind's Eye said...

WooHoo and good luck with the learning curve.
Hugs Cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Now that is fabulous news. So happy that worked out for you.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Congratulations to the newlyweds:). Here's hoping for a very long and happy honeymoon:)

Woos - Misty and Timber

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra :=)
Amazing!I hope they will be very happy!:=) I know someone who is!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's so cool, but my invite to the wedding must have gotten lost in the mail! Apple does a great job making setup less stressful, most of the time.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

GOOD FOR YOU for being brave enough to do the iPad set up - I hope you've found your contacts and your brain did not exploded from it all! Enjoy your week!! ❤

Sparky said...

My husband is a retired BellSouth DSL Technician. He said in Techno-speak the devices "shook hands" but it's the same thing, right? :) I'm glad it all went well. Very seldom do the devices ever do what I want them to do, so I yell at them and they end up slammed against the wall. For some reason, they really object to that ... LOL
Blessings.

Anne Robinson said...

What a cool wedding. ipads are interesting technology. My 6 and 4.5 year old grandsons are whizzes. Sigh....

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

How nice you now have an iPad.