Thursday, April 25, 2024

Tooth Fairy


In the quiet of the night, not a peep,
Lay a small boy, sound asleep.
Under his pillow, a tooth he did stash,
Hoping the Tooth Fairy would leave some cash.

With a flutter and twinkle, the fairy arrived,
For teeth under pillows, she always strived.
She tiptoed close, with a magical thrill,
And slipped a crisp five-dollar bill.

The tooth she took, with a grin so merry,
Another for the collection, oh how extraordinary!
The boy would wake with a gap-toothed smile,
And a wallet a bit heavier, in just a little while.
 

I asked Designer for both  poem and pictures and I have NO IDEA why!
Because I could? I just found this in my drafts, created on the 15th. Maybe a fairy has been in my computer.

UPDATE, it was Monicas post on Beyond the Lone Islands, she just commented. now I know why I did it. HAHA on my memory. look HERE to see why I did this..



18 comments:

Rose said...

That is a great poem!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love these pictures and the poem. But I never got $5.00 for a tooth ever! Neither did my kids! Our tooth fairy didn't seem to know about inflation and the high cost of living! LOL. Fun little scene to start our day with a smile. Thank you!!

DawnTreader said...

I know exactly what inspired you!
Does that ring a bell? ;-)

The Happy Whisk said...

lol on the fairy in your computer. I love that!

My Mind's Eye said...

wow WHAT A GREAT fantasy...and a very lovely tooth fairy Glad you found it
hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

I wonder how much the tooth fairy pays these days?

Mevely317 said...

Applauding wildly!
The poem's really sweet, but what grabbed my heartstrings was that middle picture. I want to take off my shoes and walk through that door right now.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Such a sweet poem. It flows so nicely. And the photos fit perfect ly, and they are goreous.

Woos - Misty and Timber

photowannabe said...

Holy Cow !!!
Your mind and techie-ness are at warp speed. What fun illustrations and boy, I never got $5.00 for a tooth...
I did go to the link..interesting story and the "Tooth" over the door...
Well my blah-ness turned into a sore throat and cough last night. Didn't sleep too well and feel like I'm on auto pilot today. Cancelled my day with Lynne tomorrow. I will get 4 hours "sick pay" though so its going to be ok. That means her daughter has mom 3 days of 24/7... lots of prayers needed.
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I enjoyed the poem.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Cute! YAM xx

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra :=)
Lovely pictures and poem. The fairy is so pretty, and that doorway and stepping stones are magical. I haven't yet been to see why you posted this, but I will.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

WOW! What wonderful creations Sandra, and I also would love to hop into that second picture and wander through fairy lands!

Ann said...

That's a cute poem. Back in the day the tooth fairy only put a quarter under my pillow.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was good but boy, the Tooth Fairy sure has a tough job!

Sparky said...

That was cute. The most I ever received for a tooth was 25 cents, as I recall. That shows you how old I am.
Blessings.

CheerfulMonk said...

I think we got a dime for a tooth, but I’m older than most of you. 😊. Another fun post!

DeniseinVA said...

Fun to see what these programs can dream up with a little prompting. Great poem too :)