Saturday, September 19, 2026

It's Been 12 days....UPDATE

 

It has been 10 days today since I visited my primary doctor. Diagnosis: Medial epicondylitis (golfers elbow) also known as repetitive motion tendinitis​.  Treatment: Do not use any device connected to the internet for 1 week, call if its not better. Also sinus problems, 10 days of antibiotics.

Muscles/tendons are inflamed and swollen and  I am wearing a golfers counter force brace with a cushion that presses on the swelling​ and also my own brilliant idea the arthritis gloves for typing if you have arthritis that I found in the drawer of not Christmas past.
 I held my mouth like this to help me focus on saying, Hey Google, take a picture.  Now picture these on both arms, while  typing, poking a device. Which I am not supposed to do for 2 more weeks.

Also picture a dog named Beau on a leash, with a telescoping camera mono-pod, hanging off the leash handle,  It takes the place of the walking stick that hurts my arm to carry it. The stick is not for walking, it is for something to hold on to if I have to lean over to pick up  poop, intended to keep me from falling over.

 I know some of you are thinking how clever, how did you think of it.
I saw a man walking out of Publix, with a collapsible walking stick and came home and decided not to buy. 
I opened the closet to get out the, manual sweeper, NOT the heavy vac, and there hanging in the closet was  my old camera Mono-Pod from the past.

I have no idea how it helps me to hold my mouth in an O to tell my phone to take a photo.
I was told to wait 3 weeks before using my laptop and this is killing me.
Dictation is worse than typing. Dumb Laptop!
See you when I see you, I did find one thing that only takes 2 keystrokes as talking a command. I uploaded AI this photo  it and changed it to this.



My spoken command to Chatgtp was simply, make this person and her dog and make a caricature of them. 
 AI girl said, do you think I got your personality right?
OH MY.. it gathered this and every single word on it is Me. she did describe me, but this is NOT a caricature. I love her anyway because she made me you and cute





33 comments:

Mari said...

It's good to see you here, but not with this news. I'm sorry! But it sounds like you've come up with some great ideas to help deal with it.
Love the AI pic. Praying for improvement!

Sandee said...

I've been so busy I didn't notice you were gone. Goodness. I can't imagine not being able to blog. I love that graphic. It's so you.

Have a fabulous day and upcoming week. Healing hug to you and lots of scritches to handsome Beau. ♥

Ann said...

That's not what I consider a caricature either but I love it.
I have arthritis gloves. I pull them out every now and then.
That was very clever to use the mono pod.

Mevely317 said...

Yeay, you! I'm so tickled to see you back, head held high! I've one of those arthritis gloves, too for my E.T., but it doesn't seem to make much difference. That AI "treatment" of you and Beau is so good. The stuff cover girls are made of.

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's so nice to see you. Those elbow problems are a real pain, literally! I'm glad to see your sense of humor is not bandaged up!!! Take care down there, sending big hugs!

Walter & Angel Millie said...

It's good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear you are having so many troubles with using your devices. All paws are crossed that you feel better soon.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Ouch. That sounds awfully painful. You have to rest it! Maybe its time to find a alternative new hobby. Cute Ai picture of you and Beau.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Well done on managing to get this post together... you are learning new skills and techniques, so - silver linings! Love the not-charicature. Continue getting better. YAM xx

DeniseinVA said...

I love it!!! So cute! Thanks for giving us this update and good grief! I am trying to find the right words but I guess there are none for what you are dealing with. You're a smart cookie for doing all this and not just saying it, you are. Healing thoughts heading your way with loads of hugs.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Love how you are SO good at improvising! Making lemonade out of the lemons you've been given. It has to be so hard to stay offmthe computer/confuser when that is what helps you get through your days after all the other stuff is done for the day...Praying for a complete recovery.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The AI pic is beyond cute, and you both look so good. Everything in it is YOU. I'm so glad to see a post from you!! And you are still just as creative as ever!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We missed you and are very glad to see you back to brighten our day. Imagine if you could go back in time (not so far back, either) and tell someone with a similar injury to abstain from the internet for a couple of weeks. They would have no idea what you are talking about. Oh how times have changed! With your great ingenuity you have solved your problems. We would expect no less!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Where there's a will, there's a way! And You've got the WILL and found the WAY! Good for you! We are happy to see your smiling face, and Beau's sweet face too! Great job from AI, but you gave it good stuff to work with, so don't give it all the credit! Praying your elbow and wrist/arm, etc., will heal quickly and you will soon be back to all your fun stuff...but just don't get yourself back into trouble again. Moderation is the key! I have some issues with my right hand from holding my phone in it too much, so I keep trying to remind myself not to do that, but it's hard! Take care and keep smiling!!! Thank you for popping in! I've missed you, but Blogger was so messed up for a couple of weeks that I couldn't find anyone's updated posts anyway. It seems to be working now, but I'm so far behind I will never catch up. I've been on antibiotics for a week too, for a UTI. Thankfully I think it's over now. Getting old isn't for sissies!!! (((HUGS)))

messymimi said...

I’m praying you heal quickly and well and thoroughly. The AI pic is a delight.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sandra,
It is great to see an update from you. The AI photo is cute but I do like the real photo of you and Beau. I hope your elbow and sinus problem feel better soon, it is hard staying off the internet. Take care, enjoy your day and happy week ahead.

My Mind's Eye said...

Yes very good to see an update. Things like your injury take FUREVER to heal. I've often heard breaks(which we don't want) heal quicker than sprains and strains
Hugs to Double B's and You
Cecilia

DawnTreader said...

That AI image is better than a caricature, it's more like a "happycature" :) i.e. going beyond all the things you (rightfully!) have to complain about just now, and focusing on your inner capacity of finding of the good things instead... ♥

photowannabe said...

Hi there friend ... love seeing you getting back on the Blog. Please take it easy but I sure have missed your creative talents and "adventures". I love how you always figure out alternative ways to do things.
Prayers continuing for all of you.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Rose said...

What is that old saying? Necessity is the mother of invention. Or the monopod is 'thinking outside the box.' I read this yesterday soon after I got your email but didn't want to post a comment from phone. Seems no matter how I try on there, I leave a mistake. Sometimes that happens on computer, too.

CheerfulMonk said...

What a brilliant post! I love that AI picture and think it absolutely sucks that you can’t color and write as much as you want. Not to mention we miss you! ❤️❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕

Chatty Crone said...

Sandra, it is good to hear from you. I think about you often. I am sorry you are having those issues because you love to use your computer so much. That's not what I consider a caricature either. It is sooooooooooooooooo cute.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

WOW! I also really love that last picture AI put together!
Feel better soon!

Shug said...

Very happy to see your post here today. AI sometimes does not listen and does what it wants to do. Sorry about your arm..I know this can really be painful and it's hard not to use both arms while trying to have a normal day. You were very smart to observe the man with the stick...Hopefully it will give you a more steady feel. Happy Monday

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I pray that it gets better soon. Wow, three weeks is a long time. Love that picture of you and Beau.

diane b said...

So sorry to hear that you have issues with your arm. I too have a wonky elbow due to osteophytes floating into the joint. You sure have initiative to help you manage. But do rest if possible. Love the AI photo of you and Beau. Sending hugs.

Susan Kane said...

It is so good to see your face, and I love the idea of Chatgtp. will have my daughter check it out for. me. Hope your arm is healing. Behave yourself. Follow dr.'s orders.

Kten said...

I hope your arm heals soon. Happy, very belated birthday!

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am so sorry your arm is in such pain. It is hard to get off these devices. I am glad you have so much to keep busy with, I am just not good with technology so I am clueless to lots of the things people use and apps they use... I hope you heal soon. Blessings to you and yours

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the update, Sandra, and for sharing your creative workaround. Sorry to read that you are dealing with such limitations and hope that rest will lead to recovery. The AI photo was great and admittedly I have no idea how to create one, so kudos to you.

Breathtaking said...

Hi Sandra :=)
I haven't forgotten you, and think of you often but I just haven't been blogging SO sorry you have tendinitis,, It's so unpleasant and it hurts. I've had both tentdinitis and Tennis Elbow, both caused by repetinous motion. and you can't be too careful. so please take care not to over do it. I know how much you miss using your computer but hopefully you will recover soon and I hope your sinus issues will also get better.I appreciate your update especially when it must have been difficult to do. I love both pictures of you and Beau, but like the true image of you two the best.
Get well soon, but easy does it
hugs
Sonjia

Tigger's Mum said...

Sorry I missed your update. Blogger was not playing during mush of last month (took its ball and went home in a sulk) and I fell out of love with it for a while. Sorry to read about your arm - how do you get on with lifting and stuff? Very cool AI picture though. Lovely.

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh no. So sorry you're having these issues. Not fun. Been there. Hope the rest helps. It helped me in the past.

Donna said...

Hope you're feeling better these days? This getting old stuff stinks!
Hugs to you! Scratches for Beau!
hugs
Donna