I walked in the door at Wal-Mart and there they sat, ghosts from my past. SPARKLERS! I have not held a sparkler in my hand in about 60 years... ONLY $2.00...
I filled the little pot with dirt and stood 2 sparklers in it.... they would NOT catch with a match, no matter how long I held it there or how many I struck.
I come inside and get the propane fire thrower that I use to light candles... OUT OF PROPANE
Bob says, don't you still have the 12 inch matches? Yes, she answers.... I take the box that has been in the kitchen drawer for more than 10 years outside, and they will NOT light on the side of the box.
Bob Says.... I have a lighter in the garage I use to light my torch... I get the lighter..... I walk outside....
I snap the lighter, the flame hits the Old Match, FLARED, Right on my finger.. OUCH! I scream. and another word I will not repeat here.
I left the un-lit sparklers in the pot and went inside. 2 days later I went to the dollar store and bought a propane flame thrower and when I went out the pot was full of water, it rained 2 inches that night.
I threw the wet nasty sparklers in the trash... and finally got ONE to burn... I still have 30 of these nasty dangerous little sparklers and Bob says I can't throw them in the trash..
All this for ONE post.... OY!
|I had a little help from PicMoney|
Have a safe and Happy 4th of July...
See you all on Friday