Monday, February 1, 2016

MadSnapper's MadSabbatical





The two photos below were taken by Gail At The Farm. Gail knows I love all things fire and dogs and sent these to me. I merged fire and Bonnie the dog, using CS4 Photoshop.


You may have noticed I have been missing from blogland for the past few days. The simple answer is MadSnapper took a MADsabbatical....
Sabbatical is a break or change from your normal routine..
My To Do list that kept getting longer.
1 Dirty Fridge
2 hours photo transfers
3 loads of dog bedding
5 hours of errands
6 future blogs created
7 toss it ALL out frenzies
8 paperwork
9 paperwork
10 paperwork
and Deep cleaning not in a pear tree

(10 pounds of paper to be shredded at .99 cents a pound at Staples)
My computer had over 1000 photos that had never been put onto my external hard drives (if the computer crashed they were gone). 
Because I did not keep up, it took TIME.. 
The last thing on the list was to install CS4 Photoshop. I had PS 7 and Elements 10 that had to be removed. I recieved the CS4 from the cousin of my friend Rich, who died last year. It had been on my desk for 4 months. Now it is installed and I had to see if I could remember how
to use the skills Rich taught me a few years ago.
I AM BACK....
Thank you my dear friend Rich for being my photoshop professor. He taught me how to make Flames in my first lesson 7 years ago using Photoshop 7, which he gave me then.


20 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Welcome back MS you were misses but WooHoo you have returned refresh and hot as fire
Hugs cecilia

eileeninmd said...

Hello, welcome back. You had a long list of to do's there. I am glad you are caught up now. I am sure you will enjoy playing around with the photoshop program. Happy February, enjoy your new week!

Suburban Girl said...

My to do list...get my husband all my income and expenses for taxes. I keep procrastinating...he keeps nagging. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sandra I think you should of been a Fire lady for the addiction you have in fires? What do you think.

Maybe by now you would have been strong and no pain time you retired. My brother was a fireman. Then as years went on whatever one goes up the ladder of success. He got it. He had a great pension also.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Whew, you have been a busy girl!! Welcome back and congrats on getting CS4 up and running!!

Cloudia said...

Glad to see you post again!

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely tribute to Rich and I know he is still very much with you. Very happy to see you posting again and you did great on the pup with flames photo. I have been trying to start some early spring cleaning around here while the weather has been had me snowed in.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh my- I also need to clean out my picture files...I just don't want to!! So much work!
I'm glad you are back after all that work! :)

TexWisGirl said...

a nice way to remember rich.

Anonymous said...

Rich was a very special friend and I know you miss him.
You have been busy. I did dog/cat bedding over the weekend, too.

Rose said...

I was glad to see your comment...I was worried you were in too much pain to be on computer. And you might have been in pain with all you had to do, but it was a different sort of pain.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Sandra, what kind of "external drive" to you save your photos on? I have them on Flash Drives grouped by years...yes/no? Just something else for me to do...:)JP

Gail said...

You did a wonderful job at blending these! You actually make my pictures look good.

Thank you.

What Karen Sees said...

Well, you know I understand about being absent from bloggerland!! At least you got a lot accomplished. I always wonder where the time has gone and then try to figure out what I have to show for it!!

Ann said...

you've been very busy. I wish my sabbatical was as productive as yours.

Linda said...

The World of Blog is NOT the same without you!!!!

Linda P said...

I've missed you, but when you need a break to do all those other things such as paperwork, working on photo files, household chores etc. you need to do that instead of blogging. Welcome back!

EG CameraGirl said...

Your to-do list is reminding me that I have a ton of jobs to do!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go, send me some of that motivation please!

Anonymous said...

Can one be on a MadSabbatical and not know it? I've gotten so far behind on reading blogs. We had two warm days this week, and by golly, I ran away from home. Now I'm behind on EVERYthing.