Thursday, July 19, 2018

Mango's Down


Bob and I have had currant and fruitful discussions over whether he should pick up mangos as he walks Jake. We discussed he might get beaten to a pulp, if the owner is a nasty peach of work, and he might not get home in one peach.  I said Honey dew or dew not, there is not try...

While walking Jake on Friday AM, bob found Three Mango's Down In the Street, Finder keepers, losers weepers! The reason there are TWO in the photo???? We split one as soon as he brought them in the house... YUMMMM  does this leave you all s-peach-less??

We care not about nutrition of these yummy fruits, and the one this size does have 200 calories in it, but it does have benefits, and can help with weight loss, but if consumed in quanity will cause weight gain.
 Benefits. Age-related macular degeneration. The antioxidant zeaxanthin, found in mangoes, filters out harmful blue light rays and is thought to play a protective role in eye health and possibly ward off damage from macular degeneration. Asthma prevention. Cancer. Bone health. Diabetes. Digestion. Heart disease. Skin care.


15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I didn't know how good they are for you. Anything in the street is FAIR GAME, GO for it!

Linda said...

I love a mango and can't even imagine how wonderful it would be to just find them on a walk! Good for you that he brought them home to share!!!
I know they do that in Hawaii but I didn't realize you had them growing like that in Florida. And you have orange and lemon trees! Lucky you! And smart you. Florida is a good place to retire.....

Ann said...

I have never had a mango. If I found some in the street like Bob did though I would have picked them up too. Free fruit is free fruit. It might drive me bananas that there are so many calories in just one but with all those other health benefits it would be hard to resist.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh for goodness sake - you just made the mangoholic die a dozen deaths at not having a mango anywhere within gettability... YAM xx

Karen said...

That's good to know. I don't remember ever eating a mango.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I do not see anything wrong with picking up the fruit that falls on public property. They probably do not want it anyway. I had no idea it was so healthy, many benefits. Enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Better to pick up the mangos than have then eaten by wild dingos.
Sorry I could not help myself.
Hugs and loving this post
Cecilia

Hootin Anni said...

You go for it!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

NOM! Love, love, LOVE Mangos!

Chatty Crone said...

Now, that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam said...

Love MANGO...but since that is not a fruit that goes in TN...I don't get them often.

DeniseinVA said...

And they taste delicious, I love mangoes. Love your funny prose, I don’t know how you think of it, so clever. Hey, did you channel Yoda a bit?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love mango, buy them often and I like the dried slices too!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hmmm? This sounds like a fruit that has many good benefits.Unfortunately,I have never really eaten one, oh,I've a them in a fruit cocktail, but not alone.

photowannabe said...

Mangos right from the tree must be glorious.
The ones that can be bought in the store are really tasteless and expensive to boot.
As I have said before..you are in a tropical paradise.