Wednesday, October 3, 2018

UPDATE and Apology


I am so very sorry I have not commented or visited your blogs for over a week now. The post about the toy  Armadillo was on auto post and I did not think to turn it off.

When Jake died on Sept 26, 2018, Bob and I just fell apart. I cried for 3 days and we both stopped eating... I am not going into details, but it was devastating. We had to send him across the rainbow bridge, Bob could not do it, he carried Jake in and went back to the car, I sobbed and held Jake until his little paws relaxed from all the pain he was in. Run Free sweet Jake.

I was very worried about Bob, he would not eat or sleep or go walking, he fell into a very scary depression. We had decide to give ourselves TIME before we got another dog... The good news is we did not wait . I am posting our new dog story on Fourpawsetc, my blog for four legged critters. Click Here for the beginning of the rest of the story, our miracle dog is waiting for you to hear his story.




19 comments:

Lois said...

I'm so glad you found your new fur baby so quickly! I love this photo.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
love that shot - will pop over to 4paws soon
YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I think you did the best thing finding a new dog right away. Having a dog does make you happy. I think Big Boy is a beautiful dog too. I think you will all be happy now. Congrats!

Karen said...

Happy that you and Bob found your new pet so quickly. Blessings to you.

Ann Thompson said...

You never have to apologize for not visiting or posting. We all understand how devastating it was for you both. I am so Happy that you found BB. It was meant to be. I was never able to go very long without a dog in the house

Sandi said...

My condolences to you both, Sandra.

Chatty Crone said...

I love him already!

Ginny Hartzler said...

No need to apologize at all. Everyone has really bad things happen in life. You needed TIME, but I am so happy you did not take much time to adopt!! Off to Four Paws...

From the Kitchen said...

Adopting Gary quickly (he needed you and Bob) was the best way to honor Jake's memory.

Best,
Bonnie

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad you found a new friend and he is fortunate to have you as well.

Mevely317 said...

I've a hunch Jake is delighted (that) until y'all meet again, his mommy and daddy are smiling again.

Cloudia said...

Bless you three.🙏

Inger said...

Best thing you could have done!

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Mom Kim here - I totally get where you were when Jake passed. I was in the same place (not sure I ever completely recovered yet even tho Miss Maizie has helped) And I am so glad for you both that you were able to find Gary and bring him into your house - I know too well how important that is. Even tho it was not my choice at all, it was a little over a year before I could add another when Shiloh crossed the Bridge and I am sure that made things worse at the time but since Miss Maizie came, I'm awwing more and more good. That's how I know adding Gary (Big Boy) at this time is just a great thing for all 3 of you.

Grandma C said...

Hugs...I feel for both of you. It hits hard when you loose a special pet.
You were intitled to have a good cry. Been there myself several times, it is never easy.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

No apology needed....

Ida said...

I'm so glad you didn't wait and that you gave this guy a chance for a good home. He looks loved already.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is so sad but I'm glad you got a new friend now and feel better! What a difference it can make. Sending you all hugs!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Blogville means never having to say your sorry about taking time...

I am SOOOO happy you and Bob have a new guy in your lives, and can't help but think Jake may have had a paw in guiding you