Monday, March 18, 2019

Listicle and Beta PM


I found a new word, listicle.  It was in an article that I can't find to show you.

In journalism and blogging, a listicle is a short-form of writing that uses a list as its thematic structure, but is fleshed out with sufficient copy to be published as an article. ... The word is a portmanteau derived from list and article.

 I love learning new things in the computer.  In English Use a list with points, combine with an article.

I combined learning new features in Beta PicMonkey with my new listicle knowledge. PICMONKEY has gone high tech. Everything can be customized. To see examples of what I did you must Visit BigBoy on his blog... what better subject to practice on than our sweet Big Boy. Click Here


Listicle EXAMPLES are HERE  and HERE is a site that uses listicles

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I like the new word, and know what you mean. Off to see B.B.!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yes, well, I have only three things to say about listicles;
1) very much a word of the 21st century and
2) an example of ever-shortening attention spans,
3) not to mention lazy 'journalism'...


Your photographic play, though, is far from lazy and a great deal of PHUN!!! YAM xx

Linda said...

We learn something new every day!

Ann said...

A very educational post today.

eileeninmd said...

Hello

It is good to learn new words. Now for BB's post. Enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

Listcle...okay. I understand. BUT...portmanteau ???

Hootin Anni said...

I found my blog posting of the ranch hand/windmill sculpture from years past...

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2012/01/art-of-sculpture-and-water.html

Pam said...

Never too old to learn new things. Awesome learning.

My Mind's Eye said...

Bravo MS...good for you and excellent for us. We get to learn too.
Hugs and over the BB's blog
Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Methinks Pic Monkey should start paying you royalties! Funny, I wanted to become a journalist and studied two years -- but I never heard of a listicle.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I am really enjoying the stacked layers that can be moves around!!!

Rose said...

I need to go see what you did...I am so late visiting today...

DeniseinVA said...

I wonder what mine is? Will have to try this.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks Sandra for the helpful information. I have seen many articles that used lists in the form of longish paragraphs, but didn't know there was a term for this format.