Thursday, March 7, 2019

Strawberriy Kabobs


It is strawberry season here in Florida and Wal-Mart has local strawberries as big as my palm. In a prior post I told you my food plan includes cooked apples. By accident I discovered Fruit Kabobs.

I had sliced strawberries, fresh pineapple and cooked apples, all in 3 small containers. to MAKE room in the fridge I dumpet the three together. OH MY WORD! take a fork or tooth pick, stab a strawberry slice, a pineapple chunk and a slice of apple.... YUM! Bob and I loved it so much, now I keep them together in the fridge on purpose.


Recipe for Cooked apples in PRIOR POST    

Below is a photo of my newest find. Stevia Sweet Drops, this one is caramel, but it comes in other flavors. I drop it in coffee, in hot chocolate, and also put it in my frozen oatmeal. If you try it, I can tell you a little goes a long way...  I AM AT TOPS meeting this morning. see you later in the day



16 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Stevie is one of nature's wonders and the best way to address a sweet tooth with none of the disaster of sugar! YAM xx

Ann said...

Fruit kabobs sound yummy. That's what I should be snaking on but I don't.
I buy stevia in the little packets and that's what I use in my coffee

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The fruit kabob sounds yummy. The Stevia Sweetner looks good too, I will look for it on my next shopping trip. Wishing you a happy day!

Rose said...

The kabobs sounds delicious!

Chatty Crone said...

Did you find them at WalMart?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Didn't I just GO to Walmart yesterday? I want some of those Stevia drops! And the strawberries are amazing this year! I put some on my oatmeal this morning and will have some of cottage cheese for snack later! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Hootin Anni said...

Been eating fresh Texas strawberries. Yum. I too use stevia for a sweetener.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Loving all those fruits, yum!!!

Annsterw said...

Just your picture of that huge, bright red strawberry made my mouth water!!!! YUM!!!!! Annster's Domain

My Mind's Eye said...

I love STRAWBERRIES...absolutely so much at one time folks would give me things with strawberries on them. I even had/maybe still do earrings
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Wow, that's a HUGE berry! I'll bet Tom would enjoy your kabob. I don't eat fruit, but those caramel drops are definitely going in my shopping cart. Silly question - at your TOPS meetings, do you make sure to wear the same clothes/shoes to ensure a correct weigh-in?

Ginny Hartzler said...

I always LOVE your tips! You are like Heloise, remember her? I need to do this for Phil! How did you cook the apples? Laugh, but I have never cooked any fruit, due to the diverticulitis. Was the pineapple fresh? I DO know how to cut up a pineapple!

photowannabe said...

Oh the sweet fruit looks delicious...but boo..I can't have it. It triggers the sugar boost..especially I can't stop at just one slice or piece. I do eat something on occasion but I would absolutely pig out on the strawberries.
I'm sure yours will be good news at TOPS.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Mmmmm......strawberries!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That's a huge strawberry. It looks juicy too.

DeniseinVA said...

That sounds very good and the strawberry is huge!