Monday, March 4, 2019

Zig N Zag R In


I bought a blouse, I tried it on and thought, I really don't like sleeveless, but it fits and I like it. It was zig zag stripes in black and white. .... No the blouse I bought is not in the list. I found these HERE proof they are IN the Trend.

Sorry, my typing ran away with my thoughts are vice versa... I put the blouse on to wear to TOPS and thought.... this doesn't look as good as it did in the store. I took it off and Friday AM I tried it on and came and said to Bob. YAY or NAY on this blouse, I can take it back. He said uhhh it's uhhh ok. I said so take it back?  BIG NOD of the head.

I am finally to the purpose of this post. While standing in line to return it, a beautiful young woman, Maybe 50? yes that is young to me... stood behind me with a framed piece of art. I WAS DYING to know why she was buying ART in Bealls Outlet because the outfit she had on, Cost way more than my new tires on my truck. PLUS each SHOE was at least the price of 2 tires.

As I stood there trying to get up the courage to ask what she was buying, I thought I look like Walmart/Pennys, the woman at the front of the line was Sears, she and her friend and the other lady was definitely KMART.. jeans and a tshirt kmart. I know because I shop there.

I decide the lady with the art was probably Nordstroms, I really don't know because I don't shop anywhere that sells expensive things. FINALLY, she kept looking down at the art, and looking at her watch. 3 times.
I broke the silence by saying, are you trying to decide if that is worth waiting in line?

She said oh no,  I am trying to decide where to hang it. She turned it around and I said OH MY GOODNESS, I LOVE IT. how PRECIOUS!   it was a framed piece of material with a baby goats face peeking up out of the bottom of the frame, painted face.
OF COURSE the poor Norstom lady had to know I volunteered at a nursing home, held baby goats and that hey only weight 10 pounds, yada yada.... I am now wondering as I ramble on Just What she said to her husband when she got home about ME. YES, she was married, OF COURSE I looked at rings. my guess is 5000.00? but then what do I know? mine cost 12.00.

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is what I LOVE. Just your everyday happenings. They are so interesting to me. I am definitely a Goodwill girl, I buy all my clothes there. Just yesterday I got a new red winter coat lined with grey flannel, lots of pockets. L.L. Bean, EIGHT dollars. Found it at the ASPCA Thrift Store. I love going to Goodwill and Thrift Stores. Even have been wondering if I should post my finds like Linda does.

Jo said...

Oh scream out loud with laughter, Sandra! Rings! Ever since I lost my precious wedding, engagement and eternity rings (eight months before losing my husband) off the back of the motorbike I check other people's rings. Aaah. And here on the veranda I do exactly what you do: I can see where the women have shopped and it's nowhere near the outlets I use! Thanks for making my day so cheerful

Hootin Anni said...

Well the woman probably told her rich husband about the crazy lady in line with her after she hung the picture..."Dick?" (ALL rich guys are named Dick!) "Baby goats weigh 10 pounds?"

Ann said...

You always have fun standing in line. I need to take lessons from you on how not to be bored while standing in line. I think next time I will look at the way people are dressed and try to figure out where they shop.

My Mind's Eye said...

Wow that was very very interesting. I am w you about standing in lines. My mind’s eye has a party.
Wonder what brought Ms Norstom into the store? I’m a JCP and Walmart lady. B always bought his suites, ties and shirts from Nowell’s ($$$) I saw some gorgeous men’s shirts in early January. B needed some. They were 14.99 each. Brought them home. When B saw them he said these are very PRETTY. Where did you buy them.
I said Walmart. The look I got was priceless. Never in all his years has he worn anything from Walmart.
The Brand was GEORGE. I highly recommend them wash beautifully
Hugs Cecilia

Rose said...

This is what makes life interesting! Loved reading it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Since retiring I have not spent much on clothes at all. My wedding ring is only a gold band, we saved money not buying a engagement ring. I can honestly say I do not like shopping, my latest purchase was probably leggings at Walmart or Target. I would love the baby goat art. Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week ahead!

Mevely317 said...

And here, I thought I made presumptions about other folks. Most definitely, you're the most observant person I know! Columbo has nothing on the MadSnapper!
At best, I'm ambivalent about my wardrobe; I mean, I like to dress nicely -- but cheaply. 90% of my wardrobe comes from resale shops or estate sales. Unfortunately, the days of my wearing sleeveless tops are no more.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I enjoy talking to people in line. Sorry your top didn't work out. I think Adam paid $12,000 for Gabby's ring.

photowannabe said...

Sandra you are a hoot....
You and my Hubby would get along famously...he talks to everybody and can get a smile from the grumpiest of people.
I do wonder why some people wear what they wear out in public.
I am all for "cheap" and always head for the clearance rack first.

Chatty Crone said...

You are so entertaining - love this. You know I can't find clothes at Goodwill - they do not put them by size and I have to look at hundreds of clothes just to find they do not have my size! Sorry about your top.

Lois said...

I with you would stand in line next to me sometime! What a fun post.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are a good story teller. No, I didn’t know that zigzags are in, but I don’t think that will change my mind about wearing them.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Wow...now I know what I'm going to do next time I am stuck in line somewhere! I love your imagination, Sandra!!!

Betty Manousos said...

i love this!
i do enjoy talking to people in line...makes time go faster.
i feel uncomfortable wearing sleeveless blouses. it's all about gravity, lol! i love stripes and zigzag stripes will never go out of style.
sorry about your top.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! I do the same thing when I see people. And many times I wonder...what is it that makes them look so 'well to do'! Clothes, jewelry...that nice hair cut and make up? You would have me pegged...thrift store outfit! hahahahaha! Hugs!

DeniseinVA said...

Great story, you ought to write a book with your daily happenings. You always make them sound so interesting.