Friday, April 26, 2019

Back In The Bucket Nature Friday


You last heard about our Cuban Tree Frogs in PRIOR POSTS July through November of last year, I spent 4 months feeding Tadpoles to keep them alive.
Freddy must be around, but I have not seen him, but Mama has taken up residence in the watering bucket that hangs on the side of our rain barrel.  

 She has no idea, but I have started my own little tadpole abortion clinic. Each time she lays strings of eggs, I am watering the bushes with them. NO MORE tadpoles means no more Frogs. Enough already. That said. She is cute, don't ya think?


14 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, she is!! Critters can be pesky but they are cute!!

Ann said...

She is cute. I hope your clinic doesn't start mass tadpole rioting and picketing. You could end up with tons of mama tadpoles demonstrating with "save our tadies" signs....lol

Hootin Anni said...

Now that could pop up anytime on twitter or instagram as a new hash tag movement...

#bucket-brigade

eileeninmd said...

Hello, she is cute! She may be determined too. Enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Sooooooooooooo not that I have ever done this but I hear some humans do like to give birth in a tub of water. Evidently they learned this method from frogs.
Hugs Cecilia

Ginny Hartzler said...

She is big!! And prolific, too...

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Do you think that mama will get the hint that you have started a clinic, Sandra?

photowannabe said...

Cecillia's comment cracked me up...
We have a ton of frogs crocking from the pool next door. I haven't seen any around our yard.
Glad you have seen Mama and I'm sure Freddy is around some where.
Lawn guys here today...blowing around all the tree pollen..ACHOOooo...
Not going outside until much later when things settle down.

Mevely317 said...

Hahahaha. Only YOU could come up with that! :) I don't suppose tree frogs (or any frogs for that matter) have highly-developed brains with which to get offended. Methinks Mama has Bette Davis eyes!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

She is cute!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

She may be cute, but enough is enough or maybe even too much.

Chatty Crone said...

So you don't want a million little froggies around?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

She's so cute!

Rose said...

I wish you could send them here...they would cut down on the insects/mosquitos!