Saturday, April 27, 2019

The Cardinals and The BIG Dog


For about 3 weeks we have watched Mama C and Papa C, building a nest, sitting on 2 eggs, sitting on 2 chicks. I could never get a clear shot at any of them. We spent a lot of time watching Big Boy watching the birds. The nest was 4 feet off the ground, just at head height for a stretching Dog.

For the story of how I got these photos and what happened with the BIG Dog click HERE and travel to Big Boy's Blog Fourpawsetc.



Way up high in the tree, Papa sat on a branch, the sun beam touched him, the branch moved, he was in the dark..... the branch blew in the breeze, light to dark, light to dark.. He was watching Big Boy, daring him to touch his babies. I put 4 of the photos of dark and light into this gif...


14 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Excellent! I have a special connection to cardinals. At the ages of 4 & 5 I used to spend a summer week with my aunt. A cardinal was at my bedroom window each morning. I used to watch it. My FIRST birding experience. Beautiful images Sandra.

Ann said...

I love cardinals espcially the males for their bright red color. Cool GIF

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You have some beautiful photos of the male Cardinal. He is a beauty! I am hearing my cardinal banging against my window this morning, he is a stubborn bird. Enjoy your day!

Jo said...

Hi Sandra, Cardinals are unknown to me. Thanks for sharing. I love that Big Boy also loves birds. Have a great day. Jo

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those are great photos. I love Cardinals!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, wonderful! The last one is genius. And the very first thing I noticed was how the sun is only on his head, like a portrait light. Off to see b.B.'s blog.

My Mind's Eye said...

Breathing taking close ups of my favorite Red bird...and NC's state bird.
Love the moving photo at the end.
Heading over to BB's blog
Hugs cecilia

photowannabe said...

Love your GIF and how BB is too.
I wish we had cardinals around here. They are so beautiful.

Mevely317 said...

This is my favorite .gif yet! We've still not seen any trace of Momma and Poppa C … color me, sad.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's always a treat to see pictures of the Cardinals,as they are still not common here.

Chatty Crone said...

I love those beautiful red male cardinals. I guess the females are the muted green to be invisible so they can take care of their children.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Cardinals show up so well at any time of year! What a beauty! Enjoy your day sweet friend!

Linda P said...

Watching birds nesting must be such a treat. Those cardinals are beautiful birds which, of course, we don't have in the UK so it was interesting to see yours.

Rose said...

Big is also Good!