Friday, April 19, 2019

They Came Back

April 13th 2019
In three PRIOR POSTS I told about the construction site our yard became for 3 days. They left, and this week they came back.
I heard LOUD noise, rushed to the living room and there sat the MACHINE... first it dug, then I backed up and turned around and used the front to push dirt around, then I backed up and then it turned around.... have you got this?   5 times they did this.


They left. Went to the next house and the next and the next. GONE! for 3 days. I hear Louder Noises. it is the cutest itty bitty front loader with Tank Tracks. clump clump clump, all day long. bring loads of Grass Sod and planting it in the big squares they made a week before. The thing is we are in a drought, all the grass in all the yards is half dead, the new sod will never make it, But they Put it there.

Came home today and our Road is Closed as in Barricaded and NO traffic. but they did let me drive in the driveway..... who knows what's next.  sorry I missed the adorable front loader.


The Sod carrier looked a lot like this photo I found on the internet, all black in color and just sooo cute. And the sound of those treads on the paved road. NOT CUTE.

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This does look really cute. I love these tiny work vehicles, there are several kinds and I always get a kick when I see one. So they are replacing people's grass that they had dug up? e-mail is not working, and I have to call the computer guy tomorrow. Lost all of my Outlook addresses and everything else. I had over 100 church addresses for the prayer line.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
If you are anything like me, you wish you could drive one such dinky-toy truck! YAM xx

Ann Thompson said...

In the picture it makes me think Tonka truck. I imagine the noise was horrible

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad you were able to get back into your driveway. It is a shame about the drought. Wishing you a happy blessed Easter weekend!

My Mind's Eye said...

My big little boy wants a CAT Tonka toy.

I just about fell out of my chair when I saw Kat's smug smirk expression in the first photo.
Hugs Cecilia

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Construction noise always bothers me..I don't know why..I think because of the beep beep beep when the equipment backs up. I'm sorry the grass wont make it. I'd send you some of our rain if I could- we are in flood mode here.

photowannabe said...

Construction always seems to take longer than expected, sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing either. Really hope your sod makes it and hope you can get out of your driveway again.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Looks like things are starting to get busy on your street! Hope they let you know when they are going to have to block your driveway, or road!

Pam said...

I know things have to be done but I even avoid roads that they are plowing up to pave. I just dislike dealing with road work.

Rose said...

We don't have anything going on here close to our house, but anywhere you go in Terre Haute there is road work or something going on. It is like they decided to do everything at once....and the bridge here is down to one lane as you leave town or come back in. As well as the big bridges right before you enter Terre Haute.

Mevely317 said...

I never considered that sound they make! I wonder if those workers aren't required to wear ear plugs? (I'd still love to try it sometime.)
Liking the looks of that orange front door across the street!

Linda said...

You would have loved it down here yesterday afternoon! The wild wind blew one of the chicken houses over and Sherry got up on her trypusty tractor and put the levers on it, ran it under the fallen structure and pulled it back up! I tell you, she drives that thing like she owns it! As she DOES! She can thread a needle working that tractor between tight places. When Dean gets on it, you can tell he’s totally intimidated!

Betty Manousos said...

glad you were able to get back into your driveway. construction noise always drives me crazy.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So are you not allowed to water. Usually during a drought in California you are given days you can water, maybe twice a week.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

We have noise in our back yard as a house was torn down and a new huge one is going up. Noise annoying days will carry on for weeks .