Sunday, September 15, 2019

Sunday Sonday

Neighborhood church on our street.

Each Sunday, hubby makes a gallon of this grape drink. He takes a container to the YMCA, a sippy cup full, and sits it on the side of the pool, stops and sips while swimming his 1000 meters.

Last Sunday, while washing breakfast dishes at the sink, I heard him say A Word. I looked at him and said What? in a sweet non sarcastic tone 😁.

He said I spilled the powder and I can't figure how to get it up, Seeing the powder on the counter top, I swiped it up with the soapy dishcloth and said. There Its Gone. I may have said that in a tone that meant, that was an easy fix, so why THE Word?

He said:   But I wanted to save it and put it in the jug.... OH WELL!   we do work well together, Heh Heh Heh




14 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, that is so Roger..even if something drops on the floor I have to stop him from picking it up and eating it!

My Mind's Eye said...

Said a WORD!!! I think I heard him.
I love your new header too
Hugs cecilia

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
LOVE the new header!!! And oops... YAM xx

ClickNCamera said...

Men! They are fascinating creatures. lol!

photowannabe said...

Well, that was his frugalness coming through..haha...
You two are quite a team....
Love your "Sonshine" and sunshine.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I wonder if he actually tried to clean it up...I love grape flavor!

Mevely317 said...

Now THAT'S funny!
Do y'all ever buy those flavor drops? Tom always used powdered flavoring in his big sippy cup; then his sister got us hooked on the drops. I like how I can make it as strong (or weak) as I want.

Love the new header!

Chatty Crone said...

Sounds like Rick wanting to be frugal. It would be so funny for all of us to meet one day.

Love your new header - so beautiful and striking.

Ann said...

I would be the one trying to figure out how to save what I spilled...lol

LC said...

Impressed with his swimming regimen!

Linda said...

I spilled some expensive (gifted to me) wine once and I was tempted to lick it up off the counter! I know the feeling Bob had! We are both frugal to the core.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You were just a bit to quick. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Too funny!!! Sounds like us....

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Awe I was worried it would have a negative outcome. What is the stuff sweetened with?. We never use any powdered drinks or much juice in general. It is always water and mostly the sparkling kind like SanPejjigrino or Perrier from Costco. We buy cases at a time every two weeks.
Seems the tiny amount of minerals agrees with us.