Monday, October 7, 2019

Village of the Arts- Changes


you may remember the new house in the Village, I called the Ugly Duckling PRIOR Post from a week ago.  It has been painted. I went to the Art Walk they have once a month, this past Saturday.

I was only there and hour because it was 12:30 and the Florida Sunshine was at 90 plus and feels like 102, with humidity off the charts. I wandered for one hour and when my eyes were stinging from sweat running in them, went home with 150 photos. They painted the house for the art show, which could not be on the sidewalks because of heat.

I found more information on the boxey house. it belongs to Jan Lewis Fine Art and will be a 1 Bedroom 1.5 bath home plus an art Gallery. She lives here and in CO... Some of you wondered about that side wall with no windows. I am thinking that is part of her gallery display wall. I will let you know what it looks like completed. The next art walk is Nov 1st week end. With railings added and ART, I can't wait to see what she does. Maybe a mural?

I was in the alley of the house, looking at something you will LOVE, when  I turned to leave, I had to take one more shot.
TO BE CONTINUED and continued and continued....😎

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hurray! I want more, more and MORE! I like the rooster and tall blue planters. The blue house is a pretty color. Yikes, I hope they put railings around the top porch!! So it seems it will be an art gallery where the owner also lives.

DeniseinVA said...

It sounds very interesting. I look forward to that post. I enjoyed this one. I always think how those bright colors fit beautifully with the feel of Florida, if that makes sense.

Hootin Anni said...

Not bad at all! Quite tasteful in fact. I like it.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Definitely improved with the paintwork - and once the balcony rails are in place it will start to dissect the structure a little more. Knowing it will be a gallery allows some forgiveness of the boxed-in lower floor. The angle shot from the lane gives a lovely impression of how it sits in the street and it is not quite as bad as one imagined. Thanks for the update! YAM xx

Ann said...

I like the blue color and I do like that upper porch. I bet you're right about a mural going on the side with no windows.
I looked at her art. It looks to me like she paints things she has photographed. Quite nice

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the blue color, it looks better. The planters and rooster are cute.
I would think for safety reasons they still need to put a railing around those decks. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Rose said...

Her art is some I love and some not so much...but I guess that is true of any art, anything. I can't wait to see what else you show...

OH, can you imagine carrying your luggage, your groceries, everything up those steps? Does that show my age that I even think of something like that?

Mevely317 said...

Ugh on the heat and humidity!
I initially thought that wall begs a mural; but now, I like your idea of a gallery. Hmmmm… could it be what you found to LOVE has four legs and a furry tail?

Linda P said...

I've been catching up with your blogs about your neighbourhood and village of the arts tour and have enjoyed the ride and learnt a lot about the different styles of home. Love your favourite house. Looking forward to seeing more.

Gayle said...

Upstairs, Downstairs - great plan. And the color was a good choice.

My Mind's Eye said...

I love the color of this one...very relaxing and tropical..
The rooster statue made me cackle like a hen
Which reminds me of a saying my Annie Ma said a lot
"Whistling girls and crowing hens always come to a not good end."
Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

I don't understand the balcony not going to the edges of the house..it looks unbalanced but maybe when all the railing and something artsy on the side of the house it will feel "right" to me..I do like the color for that district...very FL.
I can't wait to see further photos...it will be a great place for her gallery.

Chatty Crone said...

I like that color blue there. Looks like a fun community - are you going in next time? Or can you? Or did I miss that?

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like the pretty color of this house and that white fence doesn't hurt any, that's for sure.

Pam said...

Yep, right now its a tad plain and could use a little more paint, if you know what I mean!! haha

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the color. How awesome to have a gallery and most likely she will be living upstairs.