Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Taking Time To Tell

clock on table in lobby of eye surgery last week, because I could

Time to tell you The Rest of The Raccoon Story....


I researched How to get rid of Raccoons! there is a ton of info out there. most of which we could not do. Like put a rag/sponge soaked in ammonia in a bowl and sit by the fence. Or do the same with cayenne pepper.
A. the fence is 100 by 100, so where to sit it
B. Big Boy might ruin his sweet nose

The research said  the fence with coyote pee... research shows $32.00 a gallon!!!!!  we used a little human Pee (cost zero) around the hole they use the most and since research also said they hate loud noise, I prepared to repel the little rascals.

Monday night at 6 pm, which is the witching hour for them to appear in the yard, Big jumped up and ran to the door and I followed and there he/she was, wandering past the pool ladder. I grabbed the Raccoon repeller, better known as my spoon and cake tin, and beat it like a drum all over the yard..

I think I heard What The …. are you doing? from the living room sofa, but we never saw another coon that night.... waiting to see if they were just spreading the love to other neighbors...



23 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It worked for the whole night!!! What a simple thing, yet so effective!! You must tell us what happens tonight, and for the next few nights.

Linda said...

Sometimes simple works best!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Hah! Those Racoons thought, "What noisy neighbours we got!!!" YAM xx

Ella said...

.... and you get the diploma "raccoon expeller" 😅

crafty cat corner said...

And no animal was harmed, lol. I wonder if your neighbors were in earshot?
Briony
x

Ann said...

That is the simplest of solutions and it was effective too. I wonder what the neighbors thought when they heard the banging. I remember years ago people putting out aluminum pie tins near their garden to keep animals away. I don't know if they hung a couple together so they would make noise or if it was just the single tin. Your story reminded me of that

eileeninmd said...

LOL, spread the love..spread the raccoons.

Have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

You did good. Way to go! You're now known across blogland as the mad snapper raccoon extractor

Mevely317 said...

Hahaha, I LOVE the (zero-cost) pee repellent! Glad the "What the … are you doing?" came from inside your house and not the neighbors. :)

Way to go!!!

Rose said...

I can just picture this...I hope it works. And that you dont have to do it every night. But better you do that than up all hours.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We've seen them here too but they moved on. I read your other post and had no idea the sounds they make! How irritating...and scary! Hope these are gone. It's always something....isn't it? lol Hugs!

LC said...

We have regular raccoon visitors. My husband toss out dry dog food for them, and we both laugh at their antics. So far they haven't been noisy, destructive or too demanding. We will see what the future holds!

Chatty Crone said...

Okay girl - I am rolling on the floor laughing loud seeing you do that in my mind - but it worked!

Linda P said...

Glad you found a quick solution, but hope you don't have to keep it up or you'll be exhausted. All the best!

photowannabe said...

Oh the visual you paint!!
Wow, I sure hope that works..no cost solutions are the very best.

My Mind's Eye said...

As the saying goes where there is a will there is a way...
YAY you!!! It must have been loud banging if Bob heard it.
Hugs Cecilia

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

LOL...I'm mostly laughing at the fact that you may have a new way to grab Bobs attention!

Glad it worked on those pesky raccoons!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hope they got the message and stay away.

DeniseinVA said...

Well let's hope that did the trick. Good luck!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Our trouble is deer. Hope you find soluction that work and keep pn working
Coffee is on

Lois said...

What a great idea! I am trying to picture you going around the yard hitting your cake pan. I'm glad it worked!

Betty Manousos said...

lol! seeing you do that.
glad you found a quick solution. hope they stay away for good.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad that worked. Hope they stay away!