Saturday, December 21, 2019

Tree Re-Wired


We came home from the Y, at 6:30 AM, as we always do, but this day was different. It was the day of our TOPS Chrismtas party. I needed to gather the party supplies, walk the dog with Bob, and leave the house at 7:45 because I was in charge of setting up the party.

I flipped on the tiny tree, and NOTHINIG HAPPENED! no Lights! I fiddled and turned it off and on and plugged in different outlets to check if it was the outlet or the tree.

Bob grabs the tree out of my hand and sits it on the counter and says

"LET ME SEE IT! I bet it needs a fuse."

I say: "We don't have a fuse, Leave it alone  until I am gone!"

Bob:   "We have fuses, they are in all of the old lights you did not use!"

Me: JUST LEAVE it alone until I am gone, the clock is ticking. Let's walk the dog.."

He continues to fiddle, goes to the garage to get tools to remove fuses, fiddles and fiddles and a few words later,

I say "IF YOU WANT ME TO WALK WITH YOU AND BIG IT HAS TO BE NOW.."

"Why are you yelling?" he says

Me: " I SAID I now have 20 minutes less time to get ready for the party.!!!"

We walk the dog, come home and he stands at the counter, RIGHT WHERE I NEED TO BE, fiddling with the tree.

Again I say "Leave it ALONE until I am gone."

He say: "it will not take long, I broke the fuse holder. I will just cut off the plug from this old set of lights and wire it onto the lights on the tree"

NO!!!!!!!!!!! don't touch IT!"I screamed and I pick up the tree, slam it down on the table where it lives
And I hear he say "What?"

As I race for the door to the garage I say

I do not want the house burned down for 10 dollar tree that has been re-wired. LEAVE IT ALONE! Don't TOUCH it while I am gone. I will fix it when I get home.   I race out the door and hoped I would not come home and find a firetruck in the house.

4 hours later, I return home, get his wire cutters and start to cut off all the wired string of lights.

The Man from Mars says: "WHAT are you doing?"

I did not answer, I just continued to wrap the tiny gold wires of the mini lights, around and around the tree, without removing the ornaments.
The re-wired tree is in the shell above. it looks fine to me!


17 comments:

Linda said...

That is such a pretty photo!!
Louis Dean rewires things all the time. I don't have a clue how to do it!
But I do dread that moment when a strand of lights won't light! Or when a long strand is only partially lit! I can't help thinking abot Campo Verde - that Mexican restaurant that features jillions of Christmas lights! What do THEY do when a strand or a partial strand goes out?? And I wonder how high their electric bill is??

Ella said...

That is a very pretty photo!!
In these days, the "pearl in the house" is the Christmas tree!
Nice weekend!

Hootin Anni said...

Isn't that the prettiest photo ever? I love this image Sandra. As for re-wiring, I'd be right with Bob ... I like to "tinker" & fix things.

Ann said...

I had a couple things that Wade fixed by cutting the plug off one cord and attaching it to another. Men do like to tinker. I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. The tree looks pretty

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

First, that is a pretty little tree in an oversized shell. Second, the exchange about rewiring it was really quite funny and I am sure similar “talks” happen in many homes between husbands and wives with differing topics.

Gayle said...

Ah yes. And that's all I should say about that. ;)
The RG tends to jump to the conclusion that it is something major and can't wait to tear the whole thing apart, sigh.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That would have been my dad... only now he can't hold tools, so we are safe from such 'fixing'!
Your photo is gorgeous, Sandra - think about getting that printed for your greetings cards next year! YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

Amen to a $10 tree starting a fire..whew. disaster avoided. Yay you.
The tree in the shell is pretty with the rewiring
Hugs Cecilia

Rose said...

Boy, I heard you from here! I bet you hear me sometimes. The other day when April at hearing aid place told Roger that part of his hearing aid might be stuck in his ear, she said not to poke around and if the drs' thought it was, that it needs to be flushed, first....too long to go into details, but she had seen people wind up with a real mess when Dr's tried to go in and get with tweezers...that they only pushed it farther back.

What did Roger do...soon as we got in the car he dug out some q-tips and started with that ear! And me telling him, No! Stop! Don't you remember what she just told you! I finally got him to stop, but I don't know how many times I had to yell at him. So many times I feel like the wicked witch of the west because he will not listen till I get really mad.

Mevely317 said...

You guys' back-and-forth is better than watching a finals tennis match! :) (Never mind that I can't stand to watch tennis, but you get the idea?)

Maybe Bob could come repair the bulb in my ceiling fan? When it burned out and I went to remove/replace it, some random wire wouldn't totally unscrew. Tom made me promise not to yank it the rest of the way and will fix it himself. Um, that was almost 4 weeks ago.

PS - I hope you'll share photos from your TOPS party soon?

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness that is a conversation between Rick and I!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
I am going to take this next week off for Christmas - but I just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Love, sandie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The tree looks cute. Why can't they listen!!!

DeniseinVA said...

Your tree photo is beautiful. Venus and Mars, Venus and Mars ;)

Hootin Anni said...

Sandra12/21/2019
I love country roads and ranches and cows like you love birds.. we used to drive an hour or two just so I could pet a cow or kiss a donkey on the head... love those big old beef cows and will try not to think what they are headed for...
ReplyDelete
Replies

Hootin' Anni12/21/2019
I have another photo in the upcoming series where when I took the picture I thought of you!

photowannabe said...

HaHaHaHa...that assessment is so funny...Husbands and wives seem to always approach problems from different angles..Mars verses Venus...
Hope your precious little tree will glow brightly for a good long time.

Pam said...

HAHA....one reason I never remarried.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Ok, I came back here to comment. Sorry this is not about your post, but, I'm trying to figure out how to connect to Hootin' Annie. I have been trying to leave comments on her blog but they don't seem to go through. Sandra, can you pass this on to her, please?