Wednesday, September 23, 2020

OH YAY! Microfiber

 


I take a nap in the afternoon, by sitting my 10 inch Tablet on the Pillow and watching YouTube cleaning videos, they quickly bore me to sleep and the plus is I learn things.
The one video showed a lady in Amsterdam, cleaning her whole house with a magical cloth.

She used Microfiber Cloths, a tiny spray bottle of water. She cleans walls, TV and Computer screens, mirrors, framed art on the wall, all glass, and even her overstuffed sofa with the cloth,
Spray a couple of spritzes of water and wipe.
WOW~ does it work. Hers were the expensive ones but Wal-Mart had 10 for $9.97 and I bought a package. Bo
Bog is really sick of my demonstrating things i wiped to him. so Now you can see it.
The dusty bottle on right and the wiped one on left.
I wiped all my glass in the nook. I wiped the shelves.
I wiped all the framed photos in the house,
Cleaned all the screens on every thing with a screen.
PLUS it is exercise of a sort.
The best of all, is the 6 oil lamps, are now sparkling with no soap and water and MESS.
Look closely at the lid with dust on the lamp, and you can see where I swiped and left a mark for you.
It works well without water, but better when a few drops.
PS these should not be washed with other things, hand wash with soap and water and hang to dry and uses over and over.....  

21 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Fascinating what we learn from YouTube. I am going to use this.

CheerfulMonk said...

That's a nice tip, thank you!

easyweimaraner said...

we have the magic cloth too... and it really is magic! sometimes youtube can be very helpful... if we stay away from haircut tutorials LOL

Ann said...

Cleaning is not my favorite activity. I would get a magic cloth if it's magic powers included doing all the cleaning for me and letting me sit and watch tv.

Hootin Anni said...

Great tip!! Well, actually TWO tips. I now know how to clean & I know now to watch you tube videos on cleaning when I can't sleep!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The magic clothes sound great, it is nice to make cleaning as easy as possible. You tube has a lot of videos to watch. Take care,enjoy your day!

Rose said...

I need some, and a maid who will.use them for me!

Martha said...

I'll give them a try!

Mevely317 said...

Good to know! Tom brought home a package of those from Wal-Mart last year, and I've used them liberally -- but (uh-oh!) with other cleaning products like granite cleaner, furniture polish, etc.
I'm going to try your trick next time.

Gayle said...

I was introduced to the magic of microfiber cloths several years ago. As in all things, some are better than others. I'm glad yours are up to the task.
And yep, no fabric softener when washing the cloths.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

There are some things on the internet I look at that put me to sleep too! I love Etsy but I start staring at what I'm searching for and I have to get up and walk around! hahaha! Enjoy your day and this nice weather!

Chatty Crone said...

Okay my house is dusty - you just buy those cheap microfiber cloths from Wally World - use a couple sprays of water and that is it??????????????

My Mind's Eye said...

I love my microfiber cloths...
Hugs Cecilia

Cranberry Morning said...

Well that's interesting. What I like about them is that they wring out almost dry, so I packed one when we traveled to the UK - back in the good old days when people could still travel. I think you've come close to inspiring me to clean a few things around here! Lol

Ginny Hartzler said...

LOVE!!! Being the shopper I am, I have questions! Aren't they polyester? So then why can't you wash them in the machine? I will try Googling this. NOW for a TEST. After the dust builds back up, I would like you to take a regular dish towel, the the micro fiber, and do a comparison!!! I want to know if any cloth would do this, or if these are really that magical. I know you can do the test in a SNAP. I would do it, but I do not have any microfiber cloths. Although that may change soon!! BUT I have not been able to to to WM since March!! Our WM's are considered to be the worst stores for Covid, and employees there are catching it. Our paper runs a weekly list of the safest places to shop. But no matter, I can get them elsewhere. NOW, go and make more DUST!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

My husband swears by these for cleaning windows!

photowannabe said...

Micro fiber cloths are truly magical.
Hubby uses one after his shower on himself..instant dry..and in the actual shower.
I guess I know what my next project is going to be..dust sure accumulates too quickly around here and there's only the 2 of us moving around.
Love how you take your nap..watching boring U Tube..made me smile.
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those microfiber cloths really do work very well. I also cut one into smaller pieces and use those pieces to clean my glasses. No spray on needed.

Grandma C said...

I agree with Ann it would have to come with superpowers and do all the work for me. Now that I am caught up on all my blog reading for the night I am ready to go to sleep. lol

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

We have had them for years. We nap too and TV lulls me to nod off.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

My hubby is addicted to these too, especially for his car windows!!