Monday, September 28, 2020

Tale of Two Coffees, make that 3

 


Thursday I opened the Maxwell house can, and made the coffee, it was a new never opened can. Friday AM, I got my coffee and gagged when I took a sip. Bob said, I did not say anything, because I wanted to see what you would say. What did you do to the coffee? 

I said who knows, in the past I have 
A. made weak coffee with old grounds
B. made coffee with out water
C. made coffee without ground coffee
D. put to many spoon or not enough and even not pushed the auto on button.

I poured out the pot and made another one and CAREFULLY followed All The Steps
GAGGGGGGG! it was not drinkable.
We decide there was something wrong with the coffee.
Bob said they put the grounds they dropped on the floor in the can, I said they added twigs to stretch the grounds OR the coffee beans were rotted?
For years and years we drank Folgers Dark, it got so expensive I changed to Maxwell Dark or Maxwell French dark, and it was fine.
Walmart had NO FOLGERS except light. we hate light. I bought this small Black Silk Dark in 1 pound to see if we like it. the Big one is 3 dollars more than Maxwell.
It's ok but not as expesnive as it is, I also bought WM brand French roast Dark.
will keep trying until we love it.  The thing is due to the PANDEMIC, what I buy one week they don't have the next. 
Are you what I call set in your ways about your coffee brand?

15 comments:

Ann said...

I'm not a big coffee critic. Some people will notice a difference between brands or even store brand vs name brand. They pretty much all taste the same to me. Unless of course they are flavored. I normally buy Maxwell House or Folgers whichever is cheaper.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I do have some favourites. Right now I have been using Folgers for a long time,so i hope they don’t change it in Canada.

Chatty Crone said...

You know I am bad - and it is expensive - and only I drink it - one cup a day - but I do Star Bucks French Roast. One cup!

Hootin Anni said...

I don't drink coffee!! Never have (but once, tried it didn"t like it). Anyway Bud buys Maxwell French Roast I believe. And he's done the same (water with no coffee...coffee with no water...forgetting to set auto timer.) And sometimes, not even remember at all.

Gayle said...

We are definitely set in our ways - we don't drink coffee--haha. I buy Folger's when our son comes to visit. No real reason for the brand.
Love that Bob waited for you to spit it out. Guess he thought it didn't kill him right away so you were safe.

Martha said...

Just regular Folger's here for us and no problem getting it at the store so far.

Mevely317 said...

Interesting! ... and upsetting at the same time! I wonder what's giving the ground coffee that horrible taste? Pre-perculating, do the grounds smell funky?
Before the Keurig, we used to buy both Folgers and Maxwell House. Now I order the Breakfast Blend for Tom and French Roast for me ... and ya, we're pretty set in our ways. Little things mean a lot. Particularly first thing in the morning.

CheerfulMonk said...

We don't drink coffee. Andy never has and I gave it up years ago because I kept spilling it so I switched to water...it doesn't stain.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
blaaargh... allergic to the stuff. Even the smell can make me ill... YAM xx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We also like Folger’s and the flavored New England coffee brands. We are 1 Cup a day in the morning drinkers. Sorry you had a bad experience, but that has happened to us as well with some brands so now we stick with certain ones.

photowannabe said...

I "need " my morning coffee and usually have Folgers French Roast medium blend..
I sure wonder what is wrong with that can..Hope you can find another that suits your fancy.
I just read that Tuesday is National Coffee Day...
Hope you can celebrate with a decent cuppa...
Sue

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my mid twenties...and even now, I ony make 1 cup at home, in my Keurig...usually it's Starbuck's Pike's Peak.

DeniseinVA said...

I wasn't a big coffee drinker until I moved to the States, always tea. I still enjoy my tea but first thing in the morning the coffee pot goes on. I am not what you would call a connoisseur but I do enjoy my coffee and as long as it tastes good I will drink it several brands. I gave up cream/milk about a year ago and only drink black coffee now. I have developed a taste for it, though it took a while until my palette adapted. Now it would be hard for me to go back to cream.

Linda said...

We are set in our ways! While at the motel recently, we bought a medium roast and were both able to drink it. I watered mine down.....half hot water - half coffee. Plus lots of creamer. Louis Dean takes his straight black.
I always hve flavored coffee when I have a choice but NO sweetners.
When we were in Katy for 7 months we BOTH drank Dunkin' Donuts Strawberry coffee! Who KNEW Louis Dean would like THAT??? Too bad we can't find it anymore!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Mark is the bigger coffee drinker and he has a couple of different brands that he likes. I agree with you, right now when you buy something the next time you go they don't have it!