Monday, November 16, 2020

Waiting for Eta TS/Hurricane Day, AM

We were waiting for Eta, to choose her ETA!

Waiting for the TS/hurricane, all the day.

 It rained and rained and blew and blew,

I had no idea what I wanted to do...


Have I lost my mind?

Wed was The day we waited on Hurricane ETA to decide to give us her ETA and quit stomping around in the Gulf,    
All .I. Wanted. To .Do.  was  EAT.... 

5 AM, I received a text from my Son Dan," Damn hurricane! I have to go in now and do storm prep"

I answer" stay safe" and we go to YMCA at 5:30, home at 6:30
and 

we ate

2 egg w/toast for breakfast at 7 am (260 calories)

played on phone, the rain fell

walked Beau in the rain, 

played on phone. the wind howled
 
9 AM  I am looking for food,

made new avatars, the wind howled and the rain fell

 the rain came down, and down

made more avatars on phone

 the wind blew,

ate 4 grapes

Uploaded avatars to blog

ate another  4 grapes.

completed comments on your posts

answered all emails

watched the storm coverage

listened to Bob watching political crap

had 3 peanuts, yes I count them

Finally, must be lunchtime.

 it was 10 AM

I wanted Carbs, I wanted bread, I wanted anything that was not healthy.

Finally I gave in and I ATE POTATO CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!
With a Burger on a Bun at NOON.

The storm will not be here until 7 or 8 PM........ arrrhhhhh
TO Be Continued..............


19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I eagerly await your next post. I know the more we eat this stuff, the more we want it. But if I don't break over once in awhile, I could just not go on with dieting. It's what keeps me going. Of course that way, I just go up and down, and don't really lose much more.

CheerfulMonk said...

You do write suspenseful posts! I'm looking forward to the next one.

easyweimaraner said...

all paws are crossed for you and your neighbors...

Hootin Anni said...

The wait & anticipation & fear is the worst part!!!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I get it... comfort eating is my current downfall... YAM xx

Ann said...

I'm like that all that time any more. I'm always wanting something to eat. Of course I grab things that aren't quite so healthy. At least you were eating grapes and peanuts.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

My hubby does a lot of stress eating. Waiting for a storm can be nerve wrecking. The eggs, grapes and nuts are healthy. But, a bag of potato chips not so much. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

Rose said...

I sure understand the stress eating...

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope that Eta will find another route and not cause any damage. It’s commendable how you can stop at 4 grapes and 3 peanuts, Sandra, especially when it’s stress related.

Martha said...

Waiting is the hardest part! I think you did very well all things considered.

Mevely317 said...

When stressed I do the same thing. Only I'm not so disciplined about watching/counting my portions. Sometimes I'm of the mindset, if we're all about to die I'm going with a happy belly. :)

Your new avatar's are cute! The last one reminds me of the pizza-delivery girl in the State Farm commercial.

Chatty Crone said...

I stress eat too.
I hope you were safe girl!

My Mind's Eye said...

Eta's ETA that was a good one.
Stress does call for some relief and it is better to stress eat than have a hissy fit and blow your gasket.
Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

I guess I have joined the club with you...
Eating everything I'm not suppose to eat.
Except you seem more disciplined..I couldn't stop at 3 peanuts.
I keep gaining and loosing the same 4 pounds..on my way down again !!
Birthday was a killer for me..bread, carbs and just yummy "stuff".
Can't wait for the next installment of the Great ETA adventure.
Please stay safe.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Grandma C said...

Grab onto the rope you posted and hang on tight and stay away from the falling trees.
Eta Lota storms out your way.. Stay Safe!

DeniseinVA said...

That's quite a day! Hoping all is well! Can't wait for your next post.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Emergency situations tend to make me crave comfort food too!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Waiting is the hardest part.

Forsythia said...

Does you dog get nervous when a hurricane approaches?