Friday, January 1, 2021

Welcome to 2010- Repeat for 2021




IF YOU ARE SHOCKED TO SEE Welcome to 2010, I do know it is 2021.
this is a re do of my first New Years Post in 2009.
It seems appropriate because it is also Nature Friday.
Happy New Year and I hope 2021 is the best ever for all of you.

Yesterday early AM, I spotted this leaf in the back yard. It flew over the fence from our neighbors house and as I admired it and snappe a dozen pictures, my husband said, what are you doing, it's just a leaf,  ignoring him, I thought, out with the old, in with the new.

Here is the perfect example right in front of me. The tree is dropping the old years leaves and preparing for the new. the grass is green in one spot and brown in the other. The pine needles on the tree are bright green, the ones on the ground are brown with age. 
                             Out With The Old, In With The New




May you find a way to travel from anywhere to anywhere in the rush hour in less than an hour, and when you get there may you find a parking space.


May you wake up on January 1st, finding that the world has not come to an end, the lights work, the water faucets flow, and the sky has not fallen.




May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others see in you delight them.


May someone love you enough to forgive your faults, be blind to your blemishes, and tell the world about your virtues.



May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your spouse, your child, your parents, your friends.

May we live as God intended, in a world at peace and the awareness of His love in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile, every lover's kiss, and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous beat of our heart. ~~ Author Unknown ~~ these wishes compliments of the unknown author 

I was thinking about making a New Year's resolution, but what the heck -- why tamper with perfection

To kick start my New Year, I took an IQ test and the results were negative

I started my blog in 2009, and this was the first New Year Post I ever created.. ..
         A Very Happy New Year to All!





.

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is wonderful, and I don't remember any of it! I am so glad we are both here on each other's blogs, do not have Covid, and still have our minds. Happy New Year!!

photowannabe said...

I think this is wonderful too.
I wish all the same things for you and Bob and Beau.
This life is good despite the grungy around the edges.
Waking up to a new year full of new adventures and bright spots along the way.
Love you Dear Friend...
Happy New Year!!!
Sue

CheerfulMonk said...

What a sweet post!

"May you remember to say 'I love you' at least once a day to your spouse, your child, your parents, your friends."

I love you, Sandra.
❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕

Ann said...

This is a wonderful post and definitely worth repeating. Happy New Year

Rose said...

I love it...the author inknownnis a great author.

Hapoy New Year to you and Bob!

Hootin Anni said...

Extraordinary. Definitely worth a repeat. Wise words, brilliant thoughts.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sandra!

What a wonderful post and New year's wishes. I enjoyed this repeat an all your post this past year. I wish all these things for you.
I wish you and your family all the best in 2021, a very happy and healthy New Year!

Betty Manousos said...

loved reading your post, Sandra. Wishing you and yours a wonderful, healthy and peaceful new year! All the best. Lots of love and hugs ❤️🎆🎈🥳❤️

Ella said...

Good morning, Gorgeous!
What a nice post! You can always be so sweet! ❤️
May this year bring peace
May this year bring health
May this year bring happiness
Have a fabulous New Year ahead!
Hugs en thank you that you are my friend! 🎆🎈🥳

My Mind's Eye said...

MS this is my favorite line
May someone love you enough to forgive your faults, be blind to your blemishes, and tell the world about your virtues
I hope all under your roof have a good day
Happy New Year
Cecilia

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Blessings and Love be spread wide
as we step from the old to the new year side
May it bring peace and also health
and, if it's meant, a wee bit of wealth.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
YAM xx

Martha said...

This was definitely worth the repeat. Happy New Year! Love and hugs - Cheers!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I'm glad you shared this again. Good advice. Happy New Year.

Inger said...

A post so well worth repeating. I love you, I love your big dog, I love your always insightful, fun, and colorful blog. I love your helpfulness, and most of all I love how kindness lives in you to be shared with others. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Mevely317 said...

I so love this analogy of the fallen leaf. You know, I'll never look at the juxtapositions in our back yard without remembering your words.

"May you" is, perhaps, the best benediction I've ever heard. I've only one thing to add, "May you realize what a precious gift you are to others." xoxoxo

Jeannelle said...

Great first post or a great post for any New Year's. Much health and happiness to you!

DeniseinVA said...

Now that is beautiful, I love this. Thanks Sandra and Happy New Year!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Such wonderful good wishes and very worth the repeat!!!
Happy New Year!

Chatty Crone said...

You've come a long way baby! Happy New Year! sandie