Thursday, December 31, 2020

Thankful Thursday- The View from the gas pumps

 


Each week I shop Senior Shopping at 6 am on Tuesday at Wal-Mart! The past two weeks I drove right past the gas station at Wal-Mart and forgot to get gas. Not a big deal since driving is at a minimun right now. 

The thing is if I continue to forget, soon it will be empty. I sent myself an email that said 

Buy Gas Today Dummy..

I get there at 10 to 6, and the gas station is closed, the first time ever. I drive over and park, pull out my phone to pass the time while waiting 10 minutes for the store to open.

I tap on emails, nothing new, I tap on FB nothing new, I tap on Feedly and it says Feedly is not available try back in 15 minutes.

WHAT?? is going ON?

OOPS! Mind Games by a Senior Citzen.

 I keep the phone on Wi-fi to save data. 

To use it in the parking lot I HAVE TO TAP the ON DATA button...

  By the time I tap the data on button, the store is open, the woman who was late opening the gas station now has it open. I rush in the door with 6 other seniors, race madly to get out of the store before it opens at 7 to the younger masses who refuse to wear a mask descend on the aisles.

 Buy gas AFTER shopping, which makes the traffic on Cortez impossible, as I pumped and fussed about people being late I noticed the sky!   It was much more amazing than this photo. As I drove out I snapped this from the station and all the way home was facing this wondrous sun rise. 

So what if I can't remember to buy gas. I am thankful I have the money for gas, a safe hour to shop, and thankful  I can still SEE and Drive and and walk, and email etc and TAKE PHOTOS! 

when I think about all my happiest memories of the past year, there is one common denominator.

 All of YOU, my blogger friends. 

Last but not least I am thankful I have all of you in my life!







21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Blogging would not be NEAR as fun without YOU!! You are the blogging star in my life. The sky is soft and beautiful. The people there sound really well behaved. I know someone who is my age who went to the W.M. here at the same time you go. She was FURIOUS!! Though it is supposed to be for senious and disabled people, people of all ages were there, and lots of them had no masks.

CheerfulMonk said...

We love having you in our lives! A bouquet of roses for you: 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

easyweimaraner said...

we are happy to have you!!!! ...and we will get gas today, or we will walk on our feet... we forgot it during the last days and today is the last chance to get it for the old price...

Ella said...

I am very happy that I found your blog and that I have you found! You are very special for me!
And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been ... Wishing you all the best!
Hugs! Happy new year!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad you were not in too much of a rush to miss that beautiful sunrise. You and your blogs bring smiles to my face every morning, I am thankful for you. Take care, enjoy your day! I wish you and your family all the best in 2021, a happy and healthy New Year!

Ann said...

Blogging brings me happiness too and I am so glad that you are one of my friends.
I having only been getting gas about once a month. I fill up and for the most part I'm only going back and forth to work. November 26th was the last time I filled up

Hootin Anni said...

As we are of you Sandra. Know each and every visit here, you always brighten my day. Always.

HAPPY New Year's Eve.

Martha said...

Beautiful sky shot Sandra! I am so thankful for my blog family too. I'm so glad I found your blog this year. You always make me smile and laugh even during hard times. Thank you for being one of my treasured blog buds!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I second it all!!! &*> I said it before and say again, blogging is like pen-friending and I have found some genuine pals through this network - you being one of those special ones!!! Take care Sandra and Bob and here's to 2021. YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

YOU are such a precious part of my life!
Isn't it sweet how -- despite the clerk being late and your being inconvenienced by traffic -- God gave you another gorgeous sunrise.

Gotta admit, the Arizona sunrises I used to see on my way to work never failed to fill me with joy. Best part of the day!

My Mind's Eye said...

Happy NYE to you MS. I was an early bird at our grocery store today before the crazy masses. I was there a 7am home by 7:45 not busy at all
Happy Healthy 2021 to you Bob and Beau
Cecilia

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...as I replied on MY blog with your comment...you were thought of when I took that picture of the little dog on the beach.

Rose said...

Thank God for this post...I got up to no wifi and no home phone. I got on the phone tocheck for outages. No internet service. Then remembered to turn off the wifi on it and was able to get on internet...only to find there is no outages...so did the unplug everything and wait a few seconds and then plug back in...but forgot to turn the wifi back on my phone till I read this post! If I had not read it, it is untelling how long it would have been before I remembered it.

photowannabe said...

Thank you Sandra.
I am so happy to have you in my life too.
You always jump start my day.
Welcome to the Club of Forgetfulness.
I finally remembered to order my blood pressure meds this morning. I needed to do it for the last 3 days..kept forgetting, so I put the bottle on my "desk" in my "office" this morning and now the BP meds finally were ordered.
Gorgeous sunrise and a beautiful way to close out this crazy year.
Looking ahead to better days
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You are by far not the only one who forgets to remind yourself, Sandra, so you are in good company there. The waiting time gave you a chance to snap such a beautiful sunrise, so not all bad. Thanks to you as well for being a great blog friend. All the best to you and Bob and beau for what we all hope will be a Happier New Year, in time.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

A very Happy and Healthy 2021 to you, Bob and Beau!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I love how you turned that into a blessing story - HAPPY NEW YEAR! sandie

Ruth Hiebert said...

Blogging has opened up a whole world of friends, of which you are one. Thanks for sharing this lovely view. Happy New Year.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Thanks to a visit to our blog from you, we have found you and are happy we did.

Happy New Year!!!

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Susan from Bucks County said...

Wishing you,Bob and Beau a happy and healthy 2021!!
I enjoy your blog and your humor!
Sending you a big hug!

DeniseinVA said...

A great attitude and oneI will do my best to follow. Thanks Sandra and Happy New Year!