Monday, May 31, 2021

Where She Was/What She Did

 

In the mall, in 1985 I paid $5.00 to have this photo taken with the baby Lion, held him all of 60 seconds.

We both had a PLAN for Saturday.
 Bob's PLAN started at 4:30, which was fill the pool, brush/vac/curse the pool to remove black sand from drought that filled the pool with black sand. 
He said we can't wait any longer for rain to put water in the pool, I will have to use the hose and pay for the water.
Yes it was dark, he used the back yard floodlights and who knows how many neighbors heard 
the cursing of said pool.
Remember this... No rain for many months. Nada! Not One Drop!


MY PLAN for Saturday also started at 4:30 AM
 Attack The Cabinet under the Nook where the Photos from a lifetime are stored along with various other things that fall out when I open the door.
4:30 AM placed chair in front of cabinet and remove 30 plus albums
4:35 AM Open first Album and page through photos.
5 AM stop paging take Beau Out to do his business
5:15 AM paging
5:30 eat breakfast
6 AM while paging tell Beau we will walk at 6:15 the same as we do every day
6:18 
The Rain Began! First a nice drizzle, Yay! and Bob kept working
I kept paging through photos
6:25 Beau goes to door, let him out, he walks out in rain and back inside, he hates rain.

The Top Shelf is still spilling and bulging.
The Rain Never Stopped, Bob kept cursing and working, I kept paging
Took Beau out 4 times to prove it was still raining.
At 10 it slowed to a light drizzle, I took Beau out in the drizzle and we hit the road, it wasn't bad, we walked half way and IT STARTED TO REALLY RAIN.
Came home dried off Beau and myself, hung my wet clothes in shower 
and 
BOOM! Flash! Boom!
BOB ITS THUNDERING I YELL, he can't hear thunder.
He yells I KNOW! I am going to finish this, I am almost done
I can't decide whether to pray the lightning hits him or doesn't! MEN!
 I kept paging. and paging and looked at the last photo at 11:30 and had done nothing but look at photos.
Bob came in and dried off, I put all the albums back in the cabinet and closed the doors.
the cabinet looked the same as when I started.
Day One of The PLAN. Bob did his, I did not,
But I did find photos I had forgotten we have and you may or may not be flooded with Throwback Photos a LOT!
P.S. I ordered Pizza Delivered, Paging through albums is hard work
What she did, to be continued
Valentine Day 1985, 6 days after we got married. Bob, Me and Skip, my 1st cousin. Skip was the joker in our family. He passed away mid 2020 and I missed his funeral due to the pandemic. He was 58


Bob and I at my son Dan's 18th Birthday party. 1985




23 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, what a great photo of you and that sweet lion cub. Happy to hear you got some rain even though it did change your plans some. Been nice for the last couple of days here but got so chilly it stunned the Cicadas. It heated up again so they are back to their singing. I don’t think they will be around much longer. As for the pool and the thunder, it’s that man thing again ;) Sorry to hear about your cousin Skip. That’s a great photo of you three, and a lovely photo of you and Bob at Dan’s birthday party.

DeniseinVA said...

p.s. Your Memorial Day flag is beautiful. Always makes us very reflective over the weekend.

Ann said...

Love all the photos. It's fun looking at pics from long ago and reliving the moment.

Cheerful Monk said...

Hurray for the rain and for the old pictures!

Terra said...

I like seeing your old photos of back in the day. Sad about your cousin. Nice to get your pool cleaned and filled. Thank you to the heroes, past and current who protect us and our freedom.

Martha said...

Oh I love all of these photos so much, I can't wait to see more! I literally laughed out loud when I read "I can't decide whether to pray the lightning hits him or doesn't! You sound like me with my husband. I'm sorry about your cousin Skip. He sure was young. That last photo is so precious with the way Bob is looking at you, you can see the look of love on his face!

You just gave me a great idea too, maybe I'll deal with all my old photos for my 30 day challenge for June. It's a project I've been wanting to get to anyway and then we could both flood our blogs with throwback photos!

Tigger's Mum said...

That rain has got to be the ultimate proof of Murphy's Law, but good weather for pulling everything out of a russian cupboard and paging through photo albums - and pizza to top it off. Sounds like the perfect day all in all.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You want rain - we will give it to you FREE!!! We have had more than our share!!!

That photo closet is probably the last place Mom would ever start to clean - it is an endless job:)

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Great photos... I too see the love in the last shot. So sorry to hear Skip left too soon. I remember in OZ when it was drought conditions, I could almost guarantee rain by finally deciding I had to sacrifice some hose water. 95% accuracy on the heavens roiling!!! YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

Oh m'gosh. I can't think of words to say how much I'm loving these photos. Sweet, sweet baby lion. I might have spent a week's salary, paying $5 every 60 seconds to keep holding him.

Oh, and I laughed so hard (too hard) about your 'praying' comment. That last photo, the way Bob's looking at you? Wow.
Now, like Martha said, you're giving me ideas!

Olde Dame Holly said...

I enjoy seeing your old photos and would love to see more!

Hootin Anni said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were.

Great photos. How fun to go back in time. Glad y'all got some much needed rain.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sure which I could send you some of the rain that has been happening here from last Friday thru today, Sandra. It was great seeing the old photos of you and Bob. Sorry to hear about your cousin's untimely passing.

Chatty Crone said...

I LOVE AMERICA! Happy Memorial Day.

Gosh I loved your post. What I saw is the two pics with you and Bob - look at how he looks at you so adorningly! You got a good guy!

sandie

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the photos; they are very good ones. So you kept all of them and were not able to weed any out? Well, at least it's DONE! Good chore for a rainy day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great old photos. We were all young once. Glad to hear you got some rain.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning,
So glad you finally got some rain! I loved seeing your old photos, the lion is so cute.
Great photo of you and Bob! Take care, enjoy your day!

My Mind's Eye said...

I saw a sign the other day just for Bob
When thunder roars, go indoors!
I did so love each photo.
Hugs cecilia

LC said...

Love, love, love your hilarious account of your day. Those wonderful photos were the perfect conclusion to your post!

photowannabe said...

This sounded like how I spend my days...fiddling and piddling..Sometimes it's fun to get lost in old photos and bring back memories from long ago.
I really don't think it was time wasted...just a "job" that will take you longer to finish.
Your hubby is something else!! Glad he got the pool done anyway and didn't get burned by the lightening.
Simply love that adoring photo of you and Bob.
Can't wait for part #2
Sue

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What wonderful photos, so happy to hear you got some rain. Bob is too funny sometimes...he is so lucky to have such a patient wife!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I exhausted just reading this post. You have been so busy which is awesome. Glad you got some rain. I can't believe you guys are so active at 4:30 in the morning!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the photos.