Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Thrift Shopping part 2

 


The day before I went to the thrift store
I checked the Dollar Tree Store that is close to my home, for yard art and could find nothing. 
Love these stores, everything is $1.25 per item, until recently everything was a dollar.

When I came out of Goodwill Thrift Store, I made the decision to hit the traffic and visit
The Biggest Dollar Tree in our city. Most stores are tiny. This one is as big as a supermarket.
The sad thing is the shopping center has almost shut down which left empty stores. 
Dollar Tree leased more space and expanded.
These days the best place to shop is everything is a $1.25


My ferns now have hummingbirds and the fern on the porch has a butterfly.

No, the butterfly is not giant sized, I cut it out to show the detail. it is about 5 inches wide.
While wandering in wonderland I snapped these two photos to show Ann all the flowers they have. This was just one aisle, there was another.
The butterfly and hummingbirds are metal, but at this price they were worth the purchase
They would be pretty standing in an indoor plant also.
Ann, come on Down, we can shop till we drop in the Dollar Tree



17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wait, back up and take a wide shot of all the new pretties so I can see how they look with the entire side of the house. They are so pretty. Now I want to go to our Dollar Tree. We also have a Dollar General and a Family Dollar. But the Tree is the less expensive.

Hootin Anni said...

Exciting stuff!!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Very pretty indeed - though I suspect your 'butterfly' is actually a dragonfly... YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the hummingbird and the butterfly, what a great deal.
It is sad to see all these empty shopping centers. Dollar Tree sounds like they are doing well. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the hummingbirds, very colourful.

God bless you.

Rose said...

If I come on down, will you take me, too? LOL

Chatty Crone said...

I love the Dollar Tree too Sandra - you can fill up your cart in no time! lol

My Mind's Eye said...

Clapping with glee at the hummingbird plant art. Hummers are my second favorite critter
It gave your porch a nice pop of color and fun
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Dollar Tree for the win! Just a mile down the road they're putting up a new Dollar General; I've never been into one of them but hope it's just as fun.

The best part, if I buy something and later tire of it, there's no remorse in throwing it away.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

The Dollar Tree is my most favorite "dollar" store because of all the fun "photo props" they carry!
Great yard art finds!

The Happy Whisk said...

Those are fun purchases! I don't shot at DT much these days but I do still shop at HomeGoods/HomeSense. Such good deals I find on the kitchen stuff that I love.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go! I love what you bought. They look great in your plants.

CheerfulMonk said...

I especially like that first bird. ❤️

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Even though most things are now $1.25 at the Dollar Tree store here, it is still well worth it to shop there for decorating. It's now I decorate the outside of our apartment because if anything should go "missing," it would not be anything costly. You did well with your colorful purchases, Sandra. Check out my Friday Funny post this week. It's just for you!

diane b said...

That's a bargain shop. We used to have them but all the 'cheap' shops now have a variety of prices but not expensive.

LC said...

Shopping in "real" stores is a challenge for me lately, but your Dollar Tree post and the comments sure do ignite an urge to give it a try!

DeniseinVA said...

That must have been fun! I like garden art, yours is pretty!



t