Monday, March 27, 2023

MAD CHATTER

 



 I opened the above cabinet to put 3 containers with lids where they reside.
the resulting catastrophe had me wanting to hide.
A lid fell and hit my head, the other bounced from my arm to the floor.  
 I realized the cabinet would hold no more.
Quickly I pulled everything out.
and started to move them all about.
I removed the bad and the ugly, leaving only the good.
I stacked and I stacked until they all sat moored.
I tossed all else in the trash and thought I was done.
While taking the photo, I thought OH NO!
those two big containers are perfectly good, but the lids are a mess,
I started to feel a little stress.
Suddenly 




I thought I was done, I had this idea,
I opened the cabinet over the stove, removed all things putting there and here.
I fought to open the drawer full of utensils that makes me say words I don't want you to hear.
I cleaned and I scrubbed and tossed things away,
Sitting spices in one, and utensil in the other, I tossed the lids in the trash and there they stay
I realized I it took two hours to put 3 containers away,
then I thought take photos and go play.





21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks really nice, you did good! And you've also saved your noggin from future attacks!

CheerfulMonk said...

it looks great now, and you deserve lot of play time to reward yourself. ❤️

easyweimaraner said...

spring cleaning! well done...

Hootin Anni said...

Been there...it's like the domino effect! One thing leads to another!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I have had the same happen, usually it's the lids that go flying.
You did a great job cleaning and arranging your cabinet. Time to have some fun. Take care, have a happy new week!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

And it inspired a burst of poetry too!

Ann said...

Isn't funny how a simple chore can turn into a major undertaking? My cupboards are all a mess. I should clean mine out for sure.

Rose said...

I have gotten rid of so much...I dont think I ccx an do that.

My Mind's Eye said...

Mad Chatter you did a great joy of organizing things and photographing them
Hugs cecilia

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yup, that's the way of tidying... it never ends. But at least you got creative with it!!! YAM xx

Tigger's Mum said...

Ah ha - looks like you had a Russian cupboard too (open the door and it all comes rushin out). Now a NATO cupboard - Now A Totally Organized cupboard. You can thank JayCee on IoM for thinking up the new name for sorted out rushin cupboards. xxx Mr T

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh I have been in that dominoes affect myself and will be doing it again for the move - but it will fill good afterwards - right?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go on getting those things organized. I certainly need to do that. Love the photos.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sounds so typical. I go into a room to put one item away and by the time I'm done, I have rearranged a whole lot of stuff and thrown some away.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I had top laugh out lout Sandra...I do the same thing...There is always a "shiny thing" that distracts me!

Great job...and very cool pictures!

photowannabe said...

haHa..you make me laugh.
Been there and done that, too many times.
It's the domino effect and Murphy's Law all rolled into one.
Cabinets and drawers develop a life of their own.
Good for you getting things organized. I have a few that need you to come over and do the same for me. (:0)
Sue

Mevely317 said...

I so need more cupboard space! But then again, I'd probably wind up filling it with more unnecessary 'stuff.' Great photo 'treatments' ... and I'm glad you made the job somewhat entertaining.

PS - Sorry to be tardy, but we had another Big Storm last night. Lots of destruction, but thankfully no loss of life.

Linda said...

I love how one thing leads to another with you!!!

Susan Kane said...

My daughter came over yesterday and helped sorting through the canned goods shelves. She will come back.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was quite the accomplishment, ya done good getting it organized!

Betty Manousos said...

good job on cleaning and arranging your cabinet. well done! Xoxo