Wednesday, August 30, 2023

The Wolf At The Door

 


The Wolf at the Door is named Idalia. She came and is still battering our state. She has passed us and we are safe and sound. Lots of flooding, and winds to 67 for us, but for other parts they are not so lucky.
I have been up since 1 am when the wind noise woke me up, once I hear that I am up until it quits.
We still have wind gusts and downpours, and they will continue until evening, but the worst is gone, and we are good. Idalia is snarling across the panhandle at this moment leaving much destruction behind. 
Have received text from my son and his wife and my local cousins that all are good too.
We are under further flood watches for the next 24 hours because of high tides and the storm pushing the water higher and higher. This will not touch us but will a lot of others.
I asked AI to create the wolf and the storm and then combined them. I chose wolf because it comes snarling out of nowhere and rips and ravages and runs away leaving destruction behind.
Prayers for those in her path today, I have family and friends in that path.

Get The Behind Us Idalia!

20 comments:

CheerfulMonk said...

I’m glad you are safe. Thank you for letting us know. ❤️

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Good to know the worst is past for you, at least... snarly storms suck. YAM xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

Thanks for letting us know, we were worried about you all and we're so happy you are okay.

Brenda said...

My condo opens tomorrow..we are landlocked at my son’s home with flooded streets but his home ok so far. Pinellas county
Tampa Bay Area on coast

Mevely317 said...

Thank God!!!
More later, but. In all seriousness, you should send this image to your local meteorologist -- they'd love it!

Tigger's Mum said...

see if you can add front claws extended to the image of the snarling wolf. Good to know that you are safe this year. xxx TM

My Mind's Eye said...

AI created the purrect image
I'm very happy your son and cousins are safe
You all stay dry. Very thankful you have a new secure roof and garage door
Hugs cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am happy to hear that you are safe. I've been watching the weather channel and I hate see all the damage being done by the storm. My sister did okay too.

Rose said...

I was glad to hear you were safe, too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so glad to read this! I am watching all the damage now on CNN. It looks like a tornado hit Florida. God has heard our prayers. I love your title and the cool wolf storm.

Inger said...

I'm so glad you are OK. And that the wolf of the storm didn't snatch your creativity. I love all the stuff you and AI came up with.

photowannabe said...

Terrific AI rendering!
I'm so glad you are safe and your family too.
Praying for the others less fortunate.
Those tides and surges can be so dangerous.
Hang in there and I hope you can get some rest.
Our friends that live about 50 miles from you said they are ok and no damage too.
Sue

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I'm so glad you are safe and sound!!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Glad you are safe. It is a fearsome storm.

Anonymous said...

Glad your safe from the wolf outside. Your storms are so scary. Just knowing you made it through made my day.

Anonymous said...

That was me saying I am happy your safe before logging in. Lol

Anonymous said...

Grandma C. Hiding out as Anonymous lol. Guess I better check in on my blog and do an update or something.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We have been howling away to usher that wolf away. Although still a very dangerous storm for so many, we are so happy you are all doing fine.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

DeniseinVA said...

Good to know all is well with you and your family. Great visuals.

Ann said...

So glad to hear you are safe. I have a cousin who lives in Palmetto and she hasn't posted on Facebook so I'm wondering how she's doing.