Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Self Tanning made simple

                            THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU SEE WHAT I BOUGHT WITH A GIFT CARD TO AMAZON.

A. Scented STUFF Slays Me!

(candles, perfume, scent of any kind in products means instant headache and running nose)

B. Florida summer is upon us and legs will be seen.

(I do NOT wear shorts, but I do wear Capris)

C. Wrinkled Old Skin looks better tanned than fish white.

(I know they do because once standing in line at the post office, a sweet little old lady, advised me the spot on my leg should be seen by a dermatologist because it might be melanoma. What she didn't know, was it was a 50-year-old scar from a 3rd degree burn cause by my leg laying on the exhaust pipe to my brother's motorcycle, that I rode without listening to his warning not to, and ended up tossed in a bush)

D. My wrinkles and fish white legs, have varicose veins and bruises and brown spots from sun abuse for years.

(The body aged, I gave up hours in the sun, and went to self-tanning lotion for summer legs. this was before the wrinkles/bruises/vein's thing. I found one that did not turn my skin orange and no one guessed I used it.

THEY STOPPED MAKING IT

Since the price has tripled on all things we buy, I hesitate to try NEW things because if it turns me orange, makes my allergies go crazy, stings my skin, it ends up in the donate/trash.

Thank you, THANK YOU to my blogger friend who sent me a gift card for Easter, and now I have a new brand that works well. I can now pull out the capri leggings, knee leggings and the bruises/wrinkles are not fish white.


Can you find my legs in the before and after use below?

OF COURSE YOU CAN'T, NO WAY WOULD I SHOW YOU! UNLESS YOU COME TO FLORIDA AND WALK AROUND IN WALMART, YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM. OR MAYBE HIRE A PRIVATE EYE TO FOLLOW ME AND TAKE PHOTOS










17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Rats, I thought I had found your legs! What a lovely gift, and you aren't allergic to it either!! Actually, the story of your legs is so interesting!!

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm glad you found something you like! 😊❤️

Ann said...

Why do they always discontinue the stuff we like the most. Glad you found something else. Even when I was young, I wouldn't go anywhere in shorts because I've always had really white legs. I've always been more of a burner than a tanner.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Shorts are ugly anyway…

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Hubby and I are always talking about the things we like are discontinued.
I am really fair skinned and look really white. When I look in the mirror I notice more and more wrinkles on my face. Face creams usually make me ill, I am allergic like you are with the scents. I started looking for your legs until I saw the last line you wrote. Take care, have a great day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...this is not something I have to think about in Scotland... but am glad you got something that works for you! YAM xx

Rose said...

I was looking at these thinking I cant believe you are showing us this much of your legs...except one and I knew it wasnt yours. lol

Tigger's Mum said...

We used to be able to get a self-tanning product in a moisturizer but I haven't used such things for years and don't miss spending my money on them. (I should but who the heck cares about my legs these days?)

My Mind's Eye said...

Don't you just love medical advice from strangers...GEEEEEZ
First thought why was she looking at your legs?

When I was a teenager I recall one of my friends using that instant tan spray stuff. Their skin turned orange. And it took a long time to fade.
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

I have that product too - can't say it works great - any hints on how to use it. So far I have done my arms. Do you use on your face? $$$

Mevely317 said...

I thought I was the only one with sickly pasty white legs! I never had a problem with the rest of my body tanning, but my legs were either a) white or b) sunburned. Plus, I began developing varicose veins when I was 15-16 -- just about the time 'hot pants' were all the rage. Not good.

I may buy this to try-- but if given my druthers I'll always opt for full-length pants. Or panty-hose, ha!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

LOL...you are too funny Sandra!!

I also wear self tanner to hide my fish white legs lol

Sparky said...

Now I want to hire a Private Detective to follow you around for photos. *giggle* Just kidding. I have fish white legs. Only one *glaring* varicose vein that seems to be slowly fading since I gave up sugar. Eating sugar/carb's must have contributed to the spider veins? Hmmmm ....
Blessings.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My legs sound the same way. I especially have a lot of bruises. I wonder if I should try that. I never gave this a thought before but you are right.

photowannabe said...

I remember the orange leg syndrome in my teens. Being a red head was the perfect promise of either sunburn or white...
The only place I wear shorts is in the house when its 108F.
Hope the lotion works well for you.
Let's not even get started on varicose veins...ugh...that and spider veins..I have had them as long as I can remember..so its long pants for me most of the time.
Sue
Thanks for the lovely compliment on my blog. I got great comments from the photo club too. Sometimes I really do have a winner.
Sue

Breathtaking said...

It's difficult to find a product your not allergic to, and I'm allergic to so many body products, I hope you get the satisfaction of the right colour of tan out of this new tanning lotion. I have taken note of the name and will be on the lookout for it, as yes, I have white legs too.

DeniseinVA said...

This is a fun read! I have never been able to wear perfume as after only a short time I start feeling nauseous. Doesn't matter what kind or how expensive. I have been given some pretty expensive perfumes, usually duty free from overseas visitors and bless them. But over the years people now know not to get it for me. Your leg collage made me chuckle, you are so funny!