Sunday, June 9, 2024

First Cousin Terrell

 

Carrie is the daughter of my 1st cousins Terrell, Jaylin, granddaughter, top is Kyle, my brother's grandson. The last square is Terrell and wife Sharon

this is continued from a Prior Post about a call to my cousin Andrea.  

After my call with Andrea, I messaged Terrell. Andrea's new phone # and address and the info that she had moved.
Earphones in I was playing on the iPad. While banging on the keyboard of Garage band, I heard my cell ringing, but it was ringing in my ears which meant the iPad was ringing. 
Grabbing the phone, I saw Terrell's name on it but could not answer it. He hung up. I thought why my phone ringing on my iPad. 

Oy Vey! Memory dysfunctional bunny, it was the iPad messenger ringing on my iPad, which is why the android phone would not answer. I quickly pushed video call on messenger, and it rang and rang and no answer. 
I hung up and hit the Call back Terrell gadget. He answered laughing and said, I saw your call but by the time I got my granddaughter, Jaylin to show me how to answer you were gone.

He said you told me in a message that your nephew Kyle is at Georgia Southern College and Jaylin goes there too. She wants to know his name to know if she knows him. I said he is Kyle McCall. No wait, his Mom is McCall. OMG I can't rememer his last name. SENIOR moment. I quick pulled up FB and gave the last name. 
Hanging up from chatting with Terrell, both he and Andrea I grew up with like siblings.
I emailed my brother all the details about Andrea and then sent a text to my SIL that simply said Tell Kyle he has a cousin at GA Southern with him. Same age. Both just finishing 1st year.

She flipped out and answered, OH NO, he has been dating a lot of girls, what if he is dating his cousin?
I quick messaged Terrell, advising him of her concerns, he replied with her last name and said Tell her its ok, Jaylin says she doesn't know Kyle
I sent Text to Janice, ALL IS WELL, KAYLIN DOENS'T KNOW KYLE!

Near Miss. ha ha

 Bored? try googling, kissing cousins in the south... I found this info
There are 250,000 cousins married in the USA.. that is the ones they KNOW about...

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I had no idea you had so many relatives around!!

CheerfulMonk said...

Wow! Your family is a lot more complicated than mine is. The communication problems make a great post...I'm glad it all worked out fine. Love you so much!! ❤️

Ann said...

Wouldn't that be something dating someone and then finding out that it was your cousin? Good thing they weren't. The only contact I have anymore with any of my cousins is through Facebook. I see their posts sometimes.

Rose said...

What a fun conversation that was! LOL

Nova Rio Redondo said...

Nice and very consistent blog, greetings from Indonesia

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I was wondering could you answer your phone with the ipad? Are they connected?
I do not have many cousins. The story is funny, that is a lot of kissing cousins. Take care, have a great day!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I have no idea what this is all about but it seems sufficiently confusing for me to stay away from it!

Mevely317 said...

Hahahaha! Can you imagine?!

I've only received two 'messenger' phone calls and honestly, didn't know how to do it either time. I'm sure there's an explanation for it (technology), but I hate the stops and starts ... having to remember to speak slowly and enunciate while my words crawl through space like a snail on Xanax.

My Mind's Eye said...

G I G G I L I N G
OMDs this was a fun read.

Recently another southern gal and I were talking about second cousins etc. Our very sweet friend from the north said we just call the all cousins.
Hugs cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

You have many wonderful relatives - you are lucky.
Gosh that is a ton of cousins married. Hmmmmm.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You always entertain us with your posts. Fun connecting with family and learn all of the family news.

Have a great day.

Woos - Misty and Timber

photowannabe said...

Wow, your technology has given you access to a whole lot of relatives.
Love the way you tell your story..too funny but with such a terrific ending.
Glad the 2 aren't dating each other..haha..
Sue

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's a pretty funny near miss!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

There's nothing like family - Known and unknown!! 🤗

Tigger's Mum said...

Where oh where do you find all these facts? I'm sure they are distant enough cousins for it not to be a problem.

Tigger's Mum said...

Crashed on first attempt - where do you find all these random facts? I wonder who did the counting. Anyway they must be distant enough cousins that it wouldn't have been a problem.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

LOL...Southern families are the best!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well you have been very busy with your cousins. So glad you got all of that straightened out with the kids at college. You have been busy with family. That's great!

Linda said...

I'm catching up on your posts! Love hearing about your family!