Friday, October 18, 2024

Day Two after power returns Milton

 

Yesterday I said I was back, that we have power. By Back I meant We Have POWER! Not that I am back to blogging. I am still DEALING with the storm, our city is devastated our state is also. 

So far today, starting at 4 am, I had a cup of Coffee, 2 in fact. YAY... first real coffee in a week. Huddled under a blanket. We got a cold front and it was 59 degrees. brrrr.

I went to Walmart to buy only enough food for a few days, and came home and walked Beau, left to get 2 items from Publix they did not have at WM. Came home to do 2 loads of laundry, mope the tiles floors that have not been mopped in 10 days, unless you count sweeping and mopping with ice water from dealing with 7 days of 2 coolers, and adding 2 bags of ice a day, I swept every day because of the dirt that came in. them ran the mop through the ice water. The floors are mopped. 

I am dealing with tree cutters for 2 trees, estimates and stuff like that, finding someone to put the front porch post back up that hold one corn of our small porch.

I just have no time to read and comment and post and think. I am suffering PTSD symptoms, IBS from the STRESS and broken- hearted and cry every time I drive any where.  

WE are so blessed. Many are not... each time I go out I find things I did not see the day before. When I start to read your blog and comment you will know I am really back. My friends not far from me had the National Guard in their area, to help them and my friend the greeter at Wal-mart said she was in a trailer, 2 blocks from Walmart and new she was going to die, they had to send National Guard to help them. Our beaches have been hit 3 times in 4 weeks, Debby and the two monster storms, Helene and a week later Milton. My heart bleeds for those that are homeless and with broken homes and so much grief.

I can tell you now, I have been sideswiped by 9 Hurricanes in Florida in 40 years. I have Never Been through the eye of a MONSTER coming on shore and I hope never to again. 14 hours of terror. As he slammed us and we had no power, only a radio to figure out what he was doing..  the terror a horror, and for me even worse because it was DARK and the hounds of the Baskerville were howling. was until the winds died and the sun came up and we could not see out of our kitchen window. those are limbs that fell down  off the tree, one against the house, one on the fence which is down, the privacy fence is in pieces. 

Hope to see you soon. really see you.  I leave you with the view out our window when daylight came. Beau refused to go outside, there was no where to walk. I have Miracles to tell you about. Coming Soon.


looking out the kitchen window where my table/chairs is from there to the downed fence we could not walk through it. I stood and praised God and thanked him he heard my prayers of don't let that tree fall on our house. It fell in the hole.



1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my. God has been good to you, even though you went through so much. I knew you would not be able to come back and comment for awhile, after being through something so horrible and still having so much to do. Take it easy! All around you was so bad, but the prayers saved you.