Saturday, August 15, 2026

Saturday Update for the Week

 


Hello Out There! I found my exercise chair, it blends with my Ancient Decor
 $9.99 at Habitat Re-Store.
Plus I went shopping for 2 hours. I actually went out 1 hour each, on two days and 2 hours, on a 3rd day. Bob did well while I was gone. The Insurance renew Bob's PT. They have done what they can do and now it is up to us.

 Good news, 2 weeks of  rain,  blue skies and sunshine has Brought Back The Green, and Beau is headed to the grass to lay in the hot sun and roll around upside down.  The rain stopped, none for 5 days. Back to praying for rain.

 A 12 foot limb,  dangling over the driveway since hurricane Milton broke it part way, 2 years ago. Director/Producer Bob calls me, Chainsaw Mama or Lumberjack! Don't fret, I was terrified of the saw. Bob watched and told me, do it this way,that way, wiggle it back and forth. Stop! pull it out. Now do it again. He said, Easy, be Careful, numerous times, and I was.
I hate PAIN!
 
Since I wear trifocal glasses, I ordered this cup which allows me to look down in the cup while pouring and I can clearly see the ounces. It's perfect and I LOVE IT!

bought at Amazon at this LINK 

I  bought a Pioneer Woman 12 oz mug!
current photo as I sipped, and typed this post Friday am.


The pot does 6 to 10 ounces, Bob 10 oz, the Mad one 8 oz.. I control the strength of coffee by the amount of water I add. I love Strong, He does not. The Pot is a Huge Hit! I like my kitchen view as I sit here, and have for 38 years this Oct 13th. 



A Red Ear Turtle, Tommy T. has been in the Safe Haven Duck Pond( algae filled pool) since the 4th of July. I only see him with his head up and swimming, if I peek carefully between the blinds, between 3 and 4. I have never caught him out, but assume he does when there are no dogs or humans around. He refuses to leave, and I can't see him when he dives, to capture and relocate, and he remains for now. I am praying I will see him out of the pool, and will remove him to a real pond in the park.

Tommy Turtle has caused a flurry of me coloring (therapy turtles)ZenColor 




Tommy appeared when Missy and Mister, when the ducks left on July 4th


36 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

He has a tan and blue shell like marbled! I have never seen a shell like his. I love your kitchen. And we both have been in our homes about the same amount of time!! We have been here 43 years. I'm so glad you love your Keurig. I love Pioneer Woman and have a lot of her kitchen things. Your mug is pretty! Favorite coloring is the turtle with the yellow flowers.

CheerfulMonk said...

I love those pictures you have colored! And I'm glad you had some rain. Fingers crossed you get some more to keep the vegetation going. Oh, and the chair! It's beautiful. ❤️

David M. Gascoigne, said...

All in all, Sandra, it seems like things are going well. I am glad that everything related to coffee has come together. After all coffee is one of the key ingredients to a happy life! Your colouring therapy has produced wonderful results. And to have been able to get out on a couple of occasions must have been nothing short of uplifting. I have my fingers crossed that more of the same is in store for you.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, Sandra, this is such a happy post! You sound like you are doing well, and there's so many happy things here...the new chair, the picture of your lovely kitchen! The new coffee pot and measuring cup...that's a good one...and the new mug is so nice and Bob supervising the cutting up of the tree limb! Wow! That's a good one! And Tommy the Turtle living in the cement pond! I love how God sends you little friends to entertain you! And I'm glad you had some good rains, and now you need some more. We have been really hit and miss with our rains here, and our pond is still dry. I don't want a hurricane, but that's about all that will help the pond fill up again. However, I am not so selfish that I would wish a hurricane on you or anyone else so I can have a full pond. I hope you have a pleasant and beautiful rest of your weekend. I love your coloring pictures too!!!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I agree with other commenters - there a sense of the heart lifting from reading your post of all the positives! The measuring jug is fantastic. And excellent teamwork getting the tree limb sorted! Hugs to you and waggles to Beau. YAM xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some rain too bad it ended though. I’m proud of you for figuring out the chain saw. Bob was a good coach. Hopefully you’ll be able to get the turtle soon and relocate him. I like all the turtles you colored

Mari said...

This is all good! I'm glad the new coffee pot is working out well. Good for you for the chain saw work. I'm impressed!
I have the same measuring cup and like it.
I also like Tommy turtle and your coloring. It's a pretty one!

The Florida Furkids said...

What a great post. We love the coloring pages. What is this "rain" thing? We have NONE!

My Mind's Eye said...

Excellent update Sandra and I like the Ancient Decor NEW to YOU chair. Very thankful Bob's PT is making progress with your help and it is helping you too.
Your collages are very nicely done
Hugs to Beau da Beautiful and you and bob
Cecilia

Sandee said...

Thanks for the update. I love your home. It appears things are going along fine. That's a good thing.

Love the turtle. Love your artwork. Beautiful.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Big hug to you and lots of scritches to happy Beau. ♥

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We love our good coffee and your new mug is perfect! Maybe I need one too! lol Glad Mr. Turtle is still around. He's precious! Happy Saturday!

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely post Sandra! I am happy to hear that your Keurig is working out well and that's a nice mug from Pioneer Woman. I saw the measuring cup and sent for one right away. It's just what we need. That's a cute turtle that's keeping you company. Very cute colored drawings too. I am very impressed with what you did cutting that tree limb up like that. You are amazing! Love your new chair and what a great deal! You do have a pretty kitchen, and I love how the light is shining on it. Thanks for the update, always great to hear how you're all doing. Happy weekend!.

lexitheschnauzer said...

I'm sp glad you and Bob are both enjoying your Keurig. Jeff has one too. I don't use it, unless I want some hot chocolate. The Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate pods are really good! Hmmm, sounds like a Higher UP sent you Tommy the Turtle so you wouldn't miss the ducks quite as much. Any harm in just letting him stay? Have you looked to see if maybe "she" has a clutch of eggs somewhere? Wouldn't THAT be something!? On a closing note, I'm with Bob on my concern about you (or me) swinging a chain saw around... where are your neighbors that help you? Amy

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sandra, your pool turtle is certainly inspiring you to create art and nice images too! Yeah on finding an exercise chair that also goes with your desk! also good news on the measuring cup and what a great update that the coffee maker works well too! Good for you for getting out for several hours this past week. It must have really uplifted yourv spirits because it shows in this post!

photowannabe said...

Love your therapy turtle pictures. Really happy bright colors...good for you.
Kudos on finding the perfect chair for exercises and the cup for your coffee. I live the Pioneer mug with that fabulous lip on it.
I am so happy that you are getting out a bit and seeing the world from a different view.. Life sounds like it is better for both of you.
Nice to see green grass in your yard. Hopefully you will get some more rain to keep it green. Your state sure has been hit with the heat. We are having a full week of temps in the 80sF. What a welcome relief and its great to not have the AC blasting all the time. My checkbook is very grateful.
Haven't seen the foxes for several days. I am really missing them. They have "cleaned " up the lizard population and several squirrels aren't seen around here lately. Miss my lizards a lot.
Sue

Chatty Crone said...

I am checking up on you. I love your turtle and I hope you can get him out. Do you think the water is hurting him? Love your pictures. I am taking a blog break, but needed to check up on you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sandra,
Sounds like things are going well, I am glad to read this post.
The turtle is cute. The chair, pot and mug all look like great purchases. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend.

Mevely317 said...

Chainsaw mama ... I LOVE that!
So very happy that you're out and about -- shopping, that is. I never would have thought about using a measuring cup with our Keurig; so much better than taking their word (on the machine top) how many ounces you're getting. I'm loving that Pioneer Woman cup -- peach is one of my favorite colors ever.
Little things mean a LOT!

Walter & Angel Millie said...

It sounds like you all are doing well and have found some nice additions to the home.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I like the chair. Glad Bob did good while you were out. Will you be able to get his exercises done? That yard looks really good. Wow, you cut that up? Way to go! That cup is interesting. Glad it works for you. Nice mug too. The kitchen looks nice. Wow, the turtle is still there! I love the turtles pictures. They are awesome. I love turtles. Hope you are doing okay. Take care.

messymimi said...

The chair is just right. I'm glad you were able to get out and Bob did okay.

It's always nice when you have a consistent way to make coffee.

As far as the turtle goes, I do hope you can get him and put him elsewhere to be safe.

Tigger's Mum said...

Spent ages studying your chainsaw - battery or petrol? I bought battery ones for Mr B - slower chain speed higher torque. They don't risk kickback quite so much. You are definitely a pioneer woman starting jobs like that now. And I hope your new chair inspires you to do the PT moves every day.

Donna said...

I don't do machines like that...you are brave!
Glad you got to get out for some R&R and that Bob is doing better!
Love the little turtle!!
big hug
Donna

DawnTreader said...

Happy for you that you managed to find a chair that both fills the exercise purpose and fits with your other furniture! Love your "therapy turtles"! 💕

Marvelous Marv said...

We used to have turtles in the river behind the house...but this is the 3rd year of drought. I have never ever seen the river this low, and I've not seen any turtles...but since I am now disabled and can't do the bank climb I can only look from the deck. Soo our turtle friend could still be there...We had 16 hours of rain this week! It was glorious! We need much much more though. and it knocked out the smoke. Smoke is both a good and bad thing. Its good because smoke shades the ground and keeps the temperature lower which aids fire surpression. But boy its hard to breath. We are glad you like your new coffee maker. Last Christmas I got a Coffee maker that does both. It is a drip 12 cup pot on one side and a kurig on the other! That means I can use the pods (when its just me or somebody drops in) or make a pot! Well Chanisaw Mama, You are braver than me! KEEP BEING AWESOME and Marv sends hugs to BEAU!

Shug said...

Good Sunday morning Sandra.. Great post and I love how colorful it is. Great find on your chair ...so happy that you found time just for you...We all need this.

The Happy Whisk said...

Being able to look down the cup is WONDERFUL. This is a very, very cool thing you found. Love that you got out by yourself and Bob was good at home. Most excellent.

Kten said...

I am so glad you found the chair you wanted and the coffee pot is working out. Take care friend. Tigris, Styx and Lanie's Lady

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Sounds like a wonderful week! A nice chair, shopping and good coffee in a new cup, life is good!!
hugs,
Beth

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I forgot, and a cute turtle too!!

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Nice chair! And a soft padded seat as a bonus for the tush, LOL!
Your new coffee maker sure is a hit in your household. We here have different likes for our coffee, too...hubby likes his bold, me not so much. Don't even ask about my sons, the oldest is such a coffee snob, and the younger one follows closely behind. Each to his own!
I love your turtle and the coloring pages ones, too. You might see the real one a bit more if there was a log /board in the water for him to climb onto a-so he can bask in the sun. I see turtles doing that in the pond nearby to us.
Have a good week, and woofs to Beau!

Susan Kane said...

Wow. You have had some busy interesting adventures! Using a chainsaw? Not a good idea. You have had some real success in the coffee arena. Tommy sounds like a hoot. when I was a kid, a turtle wandered through our yard. It had a date carved into its shell, about 100 years before.

Betty Manousos said...

Hi there Sandra! Sounds like you’re doing well, I’m glad to hear that. That’s a lovely mug, love the color. The coloring therapy sounds great, the turtle looks really cool
Big hugs!

Breathtaking said...

HI Sandra :)
Seems like things are looking up.. I'm so glad you could get out and do some shopping and Bob was just fine left on his own.Your new coffee pot jug and mug are great finds and are just what you needed. I'm not a coffee drinker but I do like a large mug for my tea especially one with a lip. I love your new chair. It's about time I did some chair excercises, but in this heat I can't, not yet. It's still 40 degrees outside, and 33degrees inside my bedroom., I haven't been blogging but wanted to know how you are, so made an exception today, and it was a lovely surprise to see this cheerful post. with all the colourful pictures inspired by Tommy the turtle. His shell is smooth which is unusual, I woder where he came from !I also love the picture of your kitchen with the low lighting, all in all an uplifting and happy post which was good to read about. As for the chainsaw, just the word gives me the heebie-jeebies !!
All the best to the three of you,
Sonjia

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Sorry I missed you. I'm not getting your updates. The turtle art is really good, Sandra. The fact you now have a turtle living in your pool doesn't surprise me,at all. I honestly believe, the Lord is blessing you with these visiting critters and they want to stay. That's so special.
I see Bob in his chair, in the garage. Its so good to hear how much he has improved. PT really helps and I'm sure by now, you have the routine down pat. Im glad Beau has some green grass to munch on and roll around in. I'm sure you'll get some more rain soon. Always enjoy the happenings around your place!

Ida said...

Very interesting and fun post. Never seen a cup like the one with the measurements inside it. Cute Turtle. Nice looking chair. Wow you've had rain we've had extremely little here this summer, lots of hot temperatures and smoke from many, many fires around our state.