Something new and old, something I had to buy.
Something New, that I did NOT buy.
The story might be long. Careful, I can hear you Sigh.
God sent me Angels, in fact there were Two.
Something I really like, a Freebie that is New!
I will save the best for last. POO stands for a Post about Perfectly Ordinary Objects
EOS, landed on my porch with my Wal-mart Friday AM delivery. Anything they leave, by accident, we are allowed to keep. For myself, it its expensive I take it to the store, but this wonder filled bottle is only $2.50. Its Plant Based Dish Soap.
Cuts grease, easy on skin, no scent (YAY) It is Climate Positive! I love it and will be buying it from now on. 

I was not going to Mention BOB but I just remembered one other thing we got FREE for WM, was Greek Yogurt with berries in the bottom and Bob LOVES it. I have tried to get him to eat yogurt and he always refused. Now that is his evening snack.
For two weeks we have had RAIN, for 10 days, it was morning showers, now it has changed to evening and we are so happy. We walk at daybreak, we are getting lots of rain and we can still walk at daybreak. The storms are loud and flashy,
LIKE THIS, on Thursday at 3PM
Storms here come FAST and Furious and this one put down 3 inches in 1 hour. The Noise was LOUD
Storms here come FAST and Furious and this one put down 3 inches in 1 hour. The Noise was LOUDWe need a new
I am a FRETTER! I research until I give myself headaches. I really want a Keurig. I think I want one. For two weeks, I have spent HOURS researching on line. I emailed Blog friend Ginny, because she has one, and she said she loves hers and a few details. I answered with
I am a FRETTER! I research until I give myself headaches. I really want a Keurig. I think I want one. For two weeks, I have spent HOURS researching on line. I emailed Blog friend Ginny, because she has one, and she said she loves hers and a few details. I answered withBut What IF I Hate it! Even the cheap ones are expensive. I prayed each day that God would give me the wisdom to know which one to buy.
IF I spend the MONEY, and hate it, I will still Need a Coffee Pot.
Thursday Morning, I went out for a few errands and stopped in Goodwill, since I was next door to look for a straight Kitchen Chair, to use when Bob and I do his sit-down exercise. I use his wheel chair, but it has arms. Our kitchen chairs have rollers and that would be a NO. They don't lock like the wheel chair PLUS they also have arms.
Not a chair, nothing I wanted, and as I turned to leave I landed in the Small Appliances Aisle. Right in front of my face I saw a big fancy Keurig!
While standing there debating if it worked, was it worth the gamble of 9.99?
Angel #1, came to me and said, I have that model and its fantastic. She told me all about it and I decided to buy it. She said lets check it out first, I can tell if it works.
She plugged it in, pushed and pulled and said, Oh No, the pod clip is gone, this will not work, see this? its supposed to have a spring and snap shut. This is not good.
Angel # 2, walked towards us and she had in her hand, a Keurig!
A smaller, more beautiful one. Both Angels tested it, and decided it was a good buy. I said so I will be Gambling 10.00 dollars that it will work and that I will like it, I can handle that.
Angel 1 and Angel 2 said in chorus
IT'S not 10, it''s only $1.49!!!! When I got to the register, she said, are you registered with us? I said No, but I don't shop much, I will skip it. She said, if you give me your name and phone number, the price of the pot is $1.49, not 9.99.
The 2 angels did not explain I had to register but this girl said, If you come on Thursday, every thing with a yellow sticker in the store, is 1.49. Come the next Thursday every thing that was yellow has a blue sticker and is 50 percent off.
OY VEY! I may turn into the best thrift store shopper I know, Linda of Linda's Journal, who is Queen Of Thrift Store Shopping.
The good news is, it's only 1 mile away.
UPDATE; GOT THE PODS, AND IT WORKS PERFECT .
.
IT IS THE PERFECT SIZE, FITS UNDER CABINET AND THE LID OPENS.
So now I am praying someone will sit a chair out on the curb! Last month, a house Beau and I walked by has SIX kitchen chairs and a table out at the curb.
I did not know I would need one then.
The Pot Works, I ran water through it, and vinegar and water, but had no PODS.
Will keep you posted, if we like it. PODS coming with WM art delivery
See you Next Week End, I will be popping in to see all of you over the week end.
Did I tell you I have a TURTLE living in the pool?
I have worried and worried if Tommy T, will live, but he has been in there since the 4th of July. I put chemicals in the pool to keep it from causing a mosquito problem. I can't see him to capture him and take him to a real pond, because of the algae. Yes, he can get out, because I researched with AI and made 2 places he can get out.
Also with all the rain, he can get out without the help. its full and running over.









36 comments:
Loved reading this post! Hooray for the coffee maker. We have a small single cup at a time proctor silex one. We figured that it was OK to only be able to put in enough water for each cup...our old keurig had a reservoir, but we didn't want to spend all the green papers on a new one, so we settled on this ''cheapo' model.and shhh...it works well even after two years!
I hope you can find a good chair. Can you check out garage sales?
A Turtle likes your pond?? He must have had a good report from your ducks!
Nice that you can do walks and not deal with the storms till well after you get home!
I bet Beau is happy that the grass is green and growing right now.
Have a blessed weekend!
Hari OM
A wonderful weekly round-up, Sandra! I can almost feel the joy at the connection with the thrift store, and it ought definitely to become a place to drop in each week just to see what bargains can fall your way - or just to have a chat with folk outside your bubble. In Oz, I always popped into the three different 'op-shops' (as they're called there - op is for opportunity) regularly and even volunteered at one for a couple of years. Real community hubs, they are! Yay for getting Bob to enjoy yoghurt, too... I go my dad won over with cherry-flavour. Full of sugar, but better than nothing! YAM xx
Happy NEWS Report from all sides, YAY. As an almost "lifetime" thrift store shopper, now thrifting a lot online, great way to go, tho I tend to avoid most "electronic" items. Have a small [the college model, single serve] Keurig, it's the best, finally figured out just how many pods I used per month; and can "subscribe by order, and save $" by online ordering. If you can find a Habitat for Humanity thrift store in your area, they can be awesome for furniture. Stay well, all ... happy ... more of it.
Great news all round, Sandra. You couldn’t even buy a cup of coffee for $1.49, let alone a Keurig machine. What a deal. I can see you will be sleuthing around in that store on their discount days. Who knows what else you might find you didn’t even know you needed? Kitchen chairs in the sidewalk, free yogurt with berries - and RAIN. Lots of glorious, life-giving, cooling rain. What a week you had! Very best wishes and hugs and kisses - David
Oh, Sandra! I am SO happy for all the good news of this post! Finding that Keurig at such a bargain price, and it works, is the best thing ever. We don't have one of those...just a normal Mr. Coffee style drip pot with a timer so I can set it at night and it comes on in the morning at the right time so the coffee is hot and ready when hubby wakes up. I don't drink the stuff, so I don't know how it tastes, but hubby says it's great and he's happy so as long as this pot lives, it will do. I do hope you will like the little pods of coffee. I think it does help save on the amount of coffee waste if you don't finish the whole pot. Coffee is SO expensive these days, and when we see a good sale, we stock up. Oh, how wonderful that you can shop at that Goodwill on Thursdays and get the special deals! What fun! I hope you will soon find the special chair you need. Hey, you guys need so send us some of your rain! I can't believe how much more rain the southern half of the state is getting, when we are still begging for more rain! So strange! Hooray for Bob liking the yogurt. That is my favorite snack food, along with some organic granola on top. Also hooray for the turtle in the cement pond! I do hope he will be happy and healthy there and that the chemicals won't hurt him. Hope you can get some pictures of him someday to share. All in all, this was a great post and I am happy for you! Have a lovely weekend!!
Loved reading about all the POO. That dish soap was just meant to be delivered by mistake. Glad it was a keeper. The best one was the keurig though. WOW what a deal. You can buy a reusable pod that you put regular coffee grounds in. I have one but don’t use it often because I hate cleaning the grounds out of it.
what a good deal!! we wish you the best coffee to start into a good day... hugs to the beau and bob and tommy t.
You have so many 'pets' show up at your house! And I hope you have good luck with the coffee maker. I gave up and started using single serving Folger's instant coffee. I absolutely LOVE it and it's easy peasy....and cheap! Love you and your bunch, Diane
Oh my goodness, you Lucky Duck! (Not to be confused with Mr. n' Mrs.) This whole post - every sentence -- has put a big smile on my face. (I think my fav would be Beau lighting up the sky.)
I hope you're loving that Keurig. What a smokin' deal! I've been a fan for years, but this last (the mini) is a "b" to clean. I'm doing everything the manual says to descale, but the little light won't go out; I'm ready to kick it to the curb.
PS - I need to tell my DIL about that dish soap; she's allergic to so many chemicals and scents.
Hooray! I loved this post, glad you had so much good news to share.
I'm not a coffee drinker but my Bob is and he loves his keurig. And you got it for a bargain!!!
You do have lots of wildlife visiting you. Hope Tommy T does well.
So good to hear from you! I think I'm the only person on earth who doesn't have a keurig. My husband and I cherish that full pot of coffee in the morning. You really got a good deal - check even I would have bought it...well maybe. Do I really need another small appliance?
A turtle! Is he a big turtle or a little guy?
I really enjoyed your creativity in this post.
What a great deal on the Keurig.
We still have a drip pot. I make 8 cups each morning so that works best for us. Here's to a perfect chair appearing on your next Thrift store visit.
Hugs to you and your Double B's
Cecilia
I hope Tommy T gets out.
Does the EOS work well?
And lastly $1.49 is fantastic for a working Keurig. You do have a nice little angel.
Good news all round, apart form the chair
What a find!! We had a Keurig for over ten years, so I can attest they last a long time. My husband found a plastic pod cup and filled it with his own coffee, instead of buying those expensive pods. Now he has some fancy dancy coffee pot, the name of which I had never heard of before it showed up on our porch. He's such a coffee snob!
Good to hear from you, and congratulations on finding what you needed at the thrift store. Hope you find a chair, too!
Great news!! I have not seen this style of Keurig, it must be an older one. On mine, the bottom slides out so you can put tall mugs in. But your does not look like it. There are literally thousands of flavors of K-Cups. My favorites are the mocha peppermint, cinnamon dulce, toasted coconut Mocha, and gingerbread. Go on Amazon and type in K Cups and there will be pages and pages of them. So this was not Goodwill, but a different thrift shop? Every so often, you have to go thru a routine with pouring vinegar in it to de-lime it. Ours has a tiny light on the top when it needs to be done. Otherwise do it maybe every two months. Be careful buying the K cups, some are lattes that already have creamer in them.
I'm glad to hear you are doing well and what a great find for the K-cup coffee maker. My husband uses one of those for his daily coffee and likes it very much. Glad to hear you have gotten some much needed rain too.
Daughter has a Keurig but has it downstairs with her...she has all these flavored coffees....I want just plain. Funny now that you mention this, I sort of want one...but then it takes no time to make a cup of coffee in my little pot. I ought to start doing it just for me.
I wish our Good Will had sale days...it does not have anything on sale ever. Used to, a certain color tag would be half price...each week was a different color.
Interesting on the dish soap. That's good news on the yogurt. Glad you are getting some rain. Glad you can still go for a walk. We have a Keurig and like it. We get good prices on big boxes of the cups at Costco. That's very interesting about the prices for those at Goodwill. Glad it's working for you. Really,, the turtle is living in the pool? Glad you made places for him to get out. Take care.
I'm so happy about your Keurig and the two angels! They give one hope. ❤️
What a happy post! You got a real bargain on the Keurig coffee maker. Now, I hope you can find a chair that you need.
Great news on Bob and with the rain.! YAY! Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.
It's so comforting to start the day with a yummy cuppa coffee. I'm glad y'all found something to give you a good cup every time. So happy to hear that y'all are doing OK too. Thanks for sharing. Love ya cuz.
That's a terrific updayte, thanks! I'm glad you got the Keurig, such a deal, we love ours!!! Great big hugs from all of us!
Oh my goodness! I have to go back and re-read it. Blessings abound. I have to go to shop at a store like that. We have "2nd hand treasures" us. Time to seek out treasures like your.
Sandra, what a great update post full of lots of good things happening, the unexpected deliveries that turned out to work great for you and Bob, plus the rain. The best news was getting the Keurig coffee maker as you had reallyc wanted one and then meeting such helpful ladies at the Goodwill store...and that it was such a great deal and works! Hp[e you find the chair soon too, either at a GOodwill sale day or perhaps look up an online site called Freecycle. I have never used it, but read of bloggers who have and posted things they no longer want. I believe the items listed are free with pickup.
You are such a blessing and I am thrilled that you were blessed abundantly with this 1.49 purchase. We have a small Keurig and it has been great for us. I think the biggest thing is trying different kinds of pods to see what flavor taste the best for you. I use McDonald pods. Thrifting has really become a big thing and now days, there are people who get rid of such nice items. So happy for you Sandra!!
Yippee !!! I love everything about this post. Happy new coffee pot and what a price !!! Now you are going to be in competition with Linda (:0)
I'll bet that straight back chair will come along real soon.
Glad you are getting some rain to clear the air.
Going to try to make contact with our friend this week. It seems that things are much better. Will keep you in the loop.
Take care my friend and hope the day goes well.
Sue
You always make the ordinary into extraordinary :) Good to know Bob is enjoying his yogurt. So good for him and for all of us. Glad you got your rain. Happy your Angels were sent to you this day and happy you got such a great deal on the Keurig, and also told of the good deals every Thursday, win-win! And you are now an angel for turtles. Lovely to read this post, take good care of yourself, happy rest of Sunday, and happy week ahead.
What a Saturday story! I especially enjoyed the adventure of the Keurig. Sometimes things really do seem to fall into place at exactly the right moment. Two helpful “angels”, the right machine appearing at just the right time, and then that incredible price. I think for $1.49 I would have taken the risk too!
I also smiled at your Perfectly Ordinary Objects. Quite often it is exactly those ordinary little things and unexpected encounters that make a day memorable.
And then there is Tommy T! I can understand why you keep wondering about your unexpected pool resident. He certainly seems determined to make himself at home.
Thank you for sharing your very eventful Saturday. I think I need a cup of coffee now after following all your adventures!
Greetings from Germany,
Anette
We are so happy the universe is giving you some support. Tigris, Styx and Lanie too
Finally! You have joined me in the thrill of looking for treasures! It's like a hobby and a blessing at the same time! Love you, my dear!
Ecos cuts grease? Count me in, not much does that these days.
I'm so thankful for the coffee maker and rain and all the good stuff. You are in my prayers.
What wonderful angels were put in your path this week Sandra!!
I use plant-based soaps, shampoo, toothpaste. Anything. Have for many, many years. Glad he likes the yoghurt with fruit on the bottom.
I finally got here! Lots of good/great news. That kuerig had to be a God thing! And I'm sure you were back this week to find an even better deal...have to hop to today's post next. In the meantime, please tell Bob that I love those yogurts, too, and may join him with one this evening. 🤗 And I'll think about you and Beau walking early in the morning as I walk my 3 pups around 7 a.m.
Post a Comment