Saturday, September 5, 2026

Saturday Sept 5, weekly UpDate

Sandra, Sept 5, 1944    -   Sandra, 1946


Sandra, Sept 5, 2026, yes, its current.




Today in the bath room mirror, changed back ground to black and added the balloons using AI
So far, I have had 5 emails and 3 texts with Happy Birthday and a  2 dear blog friend sent me an Amazon Gift cards. I WILL SHOP today..

Yesterday, I called my friend Ruby to come and hang up my birthday present I bought myself on Thursday, to finish putting the living room back like it was before Bob's illness started.
You might remember Philomena, the pothos plant that lived in the kitchen corner, for over 30 years. 

Live Pothos plant Photo Christmas 2024 Kitchen March 2025 it was gone, due to caregiver craziness, Philomena passed away and this is a photo from the prior Post of the kitchen minus a living plant.

I intended to buy a new plant for my birthday gift to me, but a light bulb went off and I thought, I will have to water, keep sun beams from touching, pick dead leaves off of plant and floor and it might just die again. Another gift to me was to drive to Hobby Lobby and see if they had silk plants like it. I still had the pot from Philomena and I found 3 long pieces and bought 60 dollars worth of them for 30, because they were on sale.... Here is the new plant, and now my living room view from sofa is just like it was when all this care giving started March of 2025.


This is from my sofa this morning just before Breakfast and Ruby's beautiful flowers in the nook.


Before daybreak and after day break.

I close with an update of my 82 year old Memory.

Wed I gave my beautiful boy Beau, my blood pressure pill and Lexapro with his pill at 4 AM in the morning, which resulted in 28 hours of anguish, a call to Poison Control that was 110.00, a visit to Vet ER, $452, which is the cost of Nausea injection, a can of food filled with ground charcoal, a blood test and I could take him home and monitor him for 48 hours. The tried to make me send him by ambulance to a 24 hour ER because they are vet after hours only, and he needed vet monitor for 6 to 8 hours, maybe 12 hours. 
the cost would be $3000 to $7000.00 which means I brought him home and did caregiver duty to him.
HE is Fine, was fine all day, had no problems, slept for 24 hours except for pee/poop times. I had to hold his pain pill for 24 hours but we did not walk, so he did ok with that.
As if that is not proof of my AGE, this morning I made my second cup of K-cup Koffee with out putting my new cup under the K-cup.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST... I have now been blessed with ZenColor Carpal tunnel Elbow and wrist and just creating this post is hurting really bad.
No more coloring, drawing or repetitive motions, and Ruby says I have to wait 3 weeks. 
We shall See. 

Who knew an adult can color to much and wreck her arm????



35 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Oh, my goodness.....
WHAT a way in which to welcome your 82nd Happy New Year! First, you look absolutely wonderful; that smile! I'm giggling because I, too, have forgotten to put a cup under my Keurig. Not once, but three times! LOVE the artificial Philomena and may just do the same thing out in the sunroom. Fry or freeze, there's no happy medium, save 3-4 months of the year.
I'm convinced Beau's recovery is a gift from God. The best birthday gift, ever. Right?
Love you lady ... happy New Year!

Mari said...

Oh no! That was a rough few days,
Getting a fake Philomena was a brilliant idea. I have a fake fig tree because I can't keep anything alive in the house.
Happy, Happy birthday! It's my sisters birthday today too - good people born on this day. You look great!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sweet pictures. Your birthday is marked on my calendar. Hope you have a wonderful day. How nice that your friend came to help you. Nice that you could put things back up. How nice that you found the silk plants. It looks great. Nice flowers from Ruby. I am so sorry to hear about what happened to Beau. I'm glad he is doing okay. I'm also sorry to hear about carpal tunnel elbow and wrist. ((HUGS))

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Birthday dear friend and the new plant looks terrific! I'm sorry about what happened to sweet Beau but I'm so happy he is doing okay now. Ouch on the elbow thing, we both have a case of scoopers elbow from all the litter scooping. Take care and big hugs from all of us!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy birthday beautiful lady! You bring so much joy to all of us with your uplifting posts and sweet comments. I hope your day is filled with happiness....and your cup is filled with coffee! heehee! Love and birthday hugs coming your way, Diane

NanaDiana said...

Happy Birthday, my friend. I am so sorry about Beau. That is so scary when something like that happens. We just feel helpless because they can't tell us how they feel or what is wrong. Hope your day is wonderful. xo Diana

Walter & Angel Millie said...

Happy Birthday, Sandra. A silk plant is a smart way to go. So sorry to hear about the medication mishap with Beau, but I'm glad to hear he is doing well now.

eileeninmd said...

Happy Birthday Sandra! I am so glad Beau is ok after the pill mistake.
I hope your hand/elbow feel better soon. Take care, have a great weekend.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, you look so good and your top is so pretty! I have never heard of carpal in the elbow! Phil has had tennis elbow. Happy birthday! Your house always looks so lovely. And I remember the pic of you at around 4, we both have the same photo!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - YOU LOOK G R E A T!
I think getting a silk plant is definitely the way to go! It's very pretty.
Oh gosh poor Beau. I am so glad he is okay. The same thing happened to Disco. We left chocolate baking bars on the floor and while we were gone he ate them. Same thing and procedure - but he did spend the night. The vet said he if he made it through the night he would be okay. $$$$$$$ We cried all night.
Good boy Beau! Happy birthday.

Susan Kane said...

Getting a silk plant sounds like a great idea. My daughter will poo poo it, but she does not have to save the beloved live plant. Happy Birthday!!

photowannabe said...

Happy Birthday again to you my friend...
I love your photo. You look terrific !!!
So sorry about the meds mixup and am so thankful that it all turned out ok ... minus a whole lot of money ! You are a great caretaker for Bob and for Beau.
Hope your carpal tunnel issues will be gone asap. Your coloring and creative juices need an outlet.
Hugs and prayers
(((hugs)))
Sue

messymimi said...

I wish (and pray) you have many happier returns of your birthday, with no sudden pet troubles!

DawnTreader said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes - I managed to forget about it yesterday... Glad you found an artificial replacement for your plant - I think you were smart to think of that, rather than buying a live one. And what a relief Beau did not suffer any harm from the pill mistake. ♥

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Just look at you through the ages. Beautiful from start to finish. That’s an awful lot of money to have to spend. Many people wouldn’t have it and even if they did would be draining the resources they will need to maintain a decent standard in their own lives. A dilemma for many, I am sure.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh DEAR Sandra! Happy Belated Birthday! I did not go near blogger or my computer much yesterday and I missed your birthday! I am SO sorry!!! I LOVE the pictures of you, young and new! You still look like that sweet little girl in the pictures! And I love that you found a way to replace Philomena without having to worry about watering and feeding and cleaning up after her! But I am SO sorry to hear about the distress with Beau and the pill mixup. Those things happen, and I am sorry it was a costly day, but thankful he is now OK. Things happen to all of us. But I am so glad that "all's well that ends well" in this story. Praying today is a peaceful and restful day for all of you. Happy 82nd Birthday!!

Ann said...

Again wishing you a happy birthday. Your new plant looks great and even better that it requires no care at all except maybe a dusting from time to time.
I'm so glad that Beau was ok after the pill mix up.

Donna said...

Happy birthday late! Poor Beau AND YOU! Not good but am so glad he's okay.
Love your photo!
hugs
Donna

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well, Blogger delivered late, again... so very belated HAPPY 82nd GREETINGS my dear friend! Your self-gift is beautiful. I have a couple of silk plants in the van and it makes all the difference, doesn't it? Sorry to hear that the colouring has brought on some additional aches and pains though!!! Maybe consider using a stylus? Anyway, glad that Beau came good after the morning faux pas and I wish you an uneventful week! YAM xx

My Mind's Eye said...

Happy Birthday Sandra..boy that was a scare with Beau. Very thankful you realized what you the mistake and took quick action.
Hugs Cecilia

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Happy, happy birthday to you!!! Adorable as a baby, sweet cuteness as a little girl, and now a beautiful lady inside and out. Glad Beau is OK.

Hugs and Woos - Misty, Timber and Mom

CheerfulMonk said...

“No more coloring, drawing or repetitive motions, and Ruby says I have to wait 3 weeks.” That sucks! That’s like telling me I couldn’t use my iPad when I was in the hospital! I’m so sorry!

CheerfulMonk said...

PS I love the pictures, and I love the new plants and how the house looks. ❤️

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

First off, Happy Birthday. I always find it amazing that some people still look like their baby photos. I can still see that little baby in you now. Sorry about your carpal tunnel - and not being able to use it for 3 weeks. That can be really sore. I've known friends who had to have surgery because of carpal tunnel. So rest is needed!
I'm so sorry to hear that Beau was so ill, but I'm happy he is doing better. That was a close call.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh no, you had a tough time of it. I still hope you had a happy birthday. I hope everything will be okay with your wrist and glad Beau was okay. These things do happen and are sent to try us. Real happy I can comment on your blog again. You sure were a cute little girl. Still are a pretty lady. Happy Birthday!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated 🎂🎉 wishes to you, Sandra and good for you on treating yourself to a new low maintenance plant too. So sorry to read about Beau and the pill mix up, but yikes on that proposed ambulance cost.

Tigger's Mum said...

Happy birthday (belated - I'm still catching up after the comments glitch). Sooo happy to know Beau had no serious ill-effects of wrong pill (bet it sent your blood pressure up tho!😱) You are doing well to be so fit and healthy and still trucking and I hope this year serves up some breaks for you - break from colouring to start with (try alternating ice packs and heat pads on your arm - reduce inflammation and improve blood flow to the angry tendons). Talking to your body, out loud, and telling it how well it's doing in the healing process does reduce inflammation markers (some science in there). I guess that's just being kind to yourself - all the care you would have lavished on a houseplant redirected at your own care.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I am so glad Beau is ok....and wish you a very Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Sure hope your arm feels better soon!!!
Big Birthday hugs!
Beth

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Belated Happy BIrthday Greetings to you!
(You share one of my nieces birthday.)
I have done that mess making with the Keurig machine...more than once I do admit, LOL!
I am sorry you got a repetitive motion injury , those are so painful.

Oh dear, what a scare to have given the wrong meds to Beau, God protected him,and thankfully he is fine. Beautiful picture of him.

My prayers are being sent right now for the three of you...may you be be blessed, even in this time of injury and frustration.

lexitheschnauzer said...

The pictures fromn when you were a baby and 2 years old are more than adorable! Prayers for Beau were answered and I am so very, very glad! And yes, getting old sucks. May your hand start working normally again soon.

Ida said...

As usual I'm behind on commenting. - A Happy but "belated" birthday wish. - I think the faux plant looks great. Sorry to hear you accidentally gave Beau your medication but am so glad he seems okay now. - Also sorry your arm is hurting. Just take it easy and post when you feel up to it. Hugs!

Ojo said...

Hi hi hi! Ojo here! That sounds like a Very Stressful Adventure! We are glad Beau is okay!

Marvelous Marv said...

Happy BELATED birthday! I have been wrapped up in other things and have not been on my computer doing anything that I consider fun, just things that MUST be done. Quite frankly, I'm sorry that I volunteered...enough about my problems - I shall sing you the song!
♫♪♥♥[̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅P̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] [̲̅̅B̲̅][̲̅̅I̲̅][̲̅̅R̲̅][̲̅̅T̲̅][̲̅̅H̲̅][̲̅̅D̲̅][̲̅̅A̲̅][̲̅̅Y̲̅] ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*• ♫♪Happy Birthday to you♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday dear Sandra!!!!!! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
I am so pleased that you are doing things for YOU!
Keep being AWESOME! Marv's Mom - Barb

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Oh Sandra...it's soooo good to read that you are still the same nutty person I once knew!! However, I am not happy that you overdid it with coloring along with everything else you do to cause you discomfort, my smart tech-savy friend! Please take care of yourself and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

My Tata's Cottage said...

I am very late by my happy birthday wishes are very sincere. Think of you often and send love and prayers your way. You are a good mom to Beau.