Thursday, July 26, 2018

Susan Rudbeckia.. wannabe sunflower


July 24, the Black-eyed Susan fully opened... prepare for overload of MADsnapping gone beserk.

Since I have named our lizards and frogs, this flower is now known as Susan Rudbeckia… alas, she is not long for this world, BUT she has siblings that are now  best buds. heh heh heh

Keep in mind, this flower is only about 12 inches tall and is about 1 and 1/2 inch wide. I had the lens 2 inches from the flower.... GONE TO TOPS meeting today, might be late visiting


Aloe, If this were a cactus, I could give you succulent puns. You know, something like you are looking sharp!  I think you are awesome to the coreopsis...



16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great photography. Your pictures make it look huge! So I needed the reminder that it is really smaller. It is stunning and perfect. Waiting now to see her best buds!!

Linda said...

I love all things 'SUNFLOWER!!' You know this!

Saimi said...

Yeah, Ginny is right your photography does make it look huge. I have those lovelies in my garden!! Your a funny girl with your cute puns haha!!!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well, heelllloooo Susan... YAM xx

Ann said...

From your picture I would never guess that it was that small. I've always liked these but I never noticed before that the centers really do look a bit like an eye

DeniseinVA said...

Thank goodness for best buds ;) Great photos!

My Mind's Eye said...

the pictures are so crips and color gorgeous I feel as if I could reach thru the monitor to pick it.
Hugs C

eileeninmd said...

Good morning,

Susan looks beautiful. Lovely photos. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Lady Fi said...

Fabulous shots.

Inger said...

It looks as big as the wild sunflowers that decorate our roads here right now.Your garden in the background looks so lush now.

Ruth Hiebert said...

This flower may be small, but it does not lack in exquisite beauty.

Mevely317 said...

Wow. Susan's DOES look like an eyeball! These are really, really pretty pictures.

Karen said...

I like your black-eyed Susan. Your summer wildflowers have done well.

Chatty Crone said...

Wish you could teach Andy how to take photos! lol sandie

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

So glad to hear Susan has some friends! She sure did open beautifully!

Happy TOPS!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

She is beautiful. You captured some awesome photos!