Saturday, April 6, 2019

Memory or lack thereof!


all I can do is LAUGH

While washing dishes from lunch, I thought of something to tell Bob and ran out the door, because I had to get to him quickly before I forgot what I wanted to say.  He was sitting in the sun by the pool, Big was laying on the deck, the day was beautiful. I sat down and talked and baked/broiled myself, got to hot and got up to sweep the deck of leaves and pollen.

Fast forward and hour, and Big tells me he is hot, and wants to go inside. (he tells me this by standing with his nose on the glass door) I go in with him and am SHOCKED to see the handle of the frying pan stick up out of by now cold dishwater. HOW does a person forget they are washing dishes?

I drain cold water and add hot water and soap and then I hear this loud braying noise.

What the heck is that Big says? He says this my putting his ears up and tilting his head to the side.

My answer was, I don't know. We hear it again. Big paces in circles, what is that Momma?

It is the dryer telling me if I don't come out and get the clothes out of the dryer they will be wrinkled.

I DID NOT EVEN KNOW it warns me. The reason being???

 Bob has the blasted TV blasting from dawn to bedtime and for some reason it was OFF and I could hear the noise from the dryer in the garage. I have had the washer/dryer almost a year and never heard it before.

It worked out fine because the Timer that sticks by magnet to the side of the fridge, is what I set to remind me the washer/dryer needs attention. Guess who did not set that timer?

The good news about the timer on the fridge, is it is very loud, and Big knows what it means, if I am otherwise occupied, he runs to tell me it is going off.

Either he is really smart or it hurts his ears!. I have not decided. All I know is he will pester me until I go turn it off.   

17 comments:

diane b said...

Such a familiar story. Did you remember to tell Bill whatever it was. Big sounds like a good help for you.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...I too was wondering if Bob received the intended message! All too familiar, this pattern... sigh... YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

But!!!

Did you remember what you wanted to tell Bob?!!

crafty cat corner said...

This happens to me but I don't worry about it. I can remember when the kids were young walking into a room and forgetting what I was there for so it's nothing new. lol
Briony
x

Ann said...

Sunshine on a beautiful day would make me forget I was doing dishes too. For all the years I have had my dryer I never heard the timer. Now that I have my hearing aids not only can I hear it when I'm in the same room but I can hear it when I am upstairs too.

Gayle said...

Uh, I forget my initial response (and I'm not kidding, sigh).
Finding an a forgotten activity, I know all about that because I have lots of experience lately.
As my boss always said 'something good in everything bad' (referring to your newly discovered buzzer').
Of course it will be of no use once the TV is back on---haha.

Rose said...

I am with Anni...did you remember to tell Bob what you planned to tell him?

My mom.never used a timer...did not own one. I have been using them since I was fairly young, though I admit to using more now than then!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

My dryer makes a buzzing noise when it is going off too. Sometimes I get out the clothes right before it stops. BB is a smart dog with his alerts. I often forget what I wanted to say to my hubby, mainly because he starts talking and distracts me. Have a happy day!

My Mind's Eye said...

I am cackling like a crazy lady.
So BB is your 'service' Pup serving as your ears.
Love it......
Hugs Cecilia

Mevely317 said...

Makes sense to me! At least you didn't forget about the eggs boiling on the stove-top like 'someone' I know. That's pretty neat about Big alerting you to the differing sounds; he's better than my timer (Alexa)!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'd say he is pretty smart. That is really something about the dryer. I love the buzzers on both the washing machine and dryer. Skye always come to the kitchen when the timer goes off for our pizza!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is what I LOVE!! Just your day to day life. I love the way Big reacts to things and lets you know. So funny you did not know about the dryer warning! The dishwashing episode reminds me so much of myself. Of course, going out into a beautiful day will wipe all other thoughts from your head. I would just be happy if you posted about your day on every post. It would be "Sandra's Life journal" just like our other Texas friend.

photowannabe said...


HaHa...I remember my Mother in Law saying to me that she would sometimes forget too.
She would be on the stairs and not sure if she was going up for something or coming down...It was always better when she told the story with a twinkle in her eye.
Crazy senior moments when life takes us in circles. Good thing you have Big Boy as your alarm.
Of course I never do the kind of things you talk about...says Sue with tongue in cheek...(:0)

Inger said...

So did you remember what you were going to tell Bob? The thing you left your dishes for?

Chatty Crone said...

All I can say is I am so glad that someone else is like me!!!! I do the same exact thing. I will tell you I think the ringing hurts his ears - Disco HATES buzzers and bells.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We get so many things going at the same time that it's hard to keep up. I'm glad we don't have a tv on during the day though. I wouldn't be able to think. I have enough trouble now! lol Hugs!

DeniseinVA said...

BB is a clever dog! Can relate to your post :)