Friday, May 31, 2019

Leonards 3rd cousin once removed.


Bathing Suit Condo dweller, Florida Curly Tail Anole, might be Leonard Lizards 3rd cousin once removed. 
I call him Curly, so far no Larry or Moe..
He measures 6 inches long when tail uncurls. 

I found a sight that says they are hard to tell from Brown Anoles because they sometimes curl and sometimes don't. 
I know the length because I measured the rod he lays on.  

Want more info? Go HERE to a site called Snake Hacks.. everything you ever waned to know about these guys and a lot you don't.

It SAYS we can make them a PET! I don't want to pet, I just talk to them.
Joining The LLB Gang  for Nature Friday.


He is calling the ladies...


16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your animation!!!! It is just plain splendid. Six inches long altogether!!! He always looks so much bigger to me!

Ann said...

That animation is so cool. Love it!!!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I didn't know they puffed their necks out like that. Do they sound like a tree frog? I always had pet lizards in the summer when I was a little kid.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this was a most interesting post and the
last photo of his throat in motions was amazing
Hugs and I hope Bob had a good night...which means you did too
Cecilia

Rose said...

Love the animation. Cute little fellow...

Yamini MacLean said...

hari OM
Well, that was a welcome home!!! Hello Curly. YAM xx

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness Sandra - love the way his neck (?) goes out like that to call a lady!

NanaDiana said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I back-linked to find you and I am your newest follower! Will put you on my sidebar so I don't miss posts-I read from there (when I have time!).

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Curly is a cute lizard. I like the motion neck images, lol! Wishing you a happy day and weekend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The photos are awesome and the animated photo is fabulous!

Mevely317 said...

That .gif is amazing! Curly's sure a handsome lil' dude.
Oh, that link? When I read "Snack Hacks" I told myself not to look. Well you know, that's like telling myself not to look when I drive by an accident scene.
Hope Bob's feeling better today?

DeniseinVA said...

Hello Leonard's 3rd Cousin Once Removed :) Great photos, and animation too clever you. I like lizards, always thought them handsome little guys.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a cute little guy!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

They are kinda cute, but I wouldn't want them as pet either.

Betty Manousos said...

love your animation!so cool!such a cute lizard.
happy weekend!

LC said...

Loved the"courtship" animation and information.