Sunday, January 10, 2021

Days OFF from blogging 1

 


I removed all Christmas from Nook, 
took ornaments off the tree in the nook, left lights only with red berries. 
left the lights in the nook.
I packed things back in the hall closet.

I thought this is silly, I need to stop playing on the devices and
DO SOMETHING
Closets, Drawers, Cabinets 
Get Ready Go
toss this, trash that, recycle
I found
Books that were How To on Software I had in the 90's.
One was Excel Word for Dummies but it was for 95

While in the midst of all this, I sat at the 10 year old desktop, to look something up and it said 
NO INTERNET AVAILABLE
Would not connect, with a few mutters and WORDS I rebooted the modem, waited until i finished and ranted and raved about the money I spend on Internet that doesn't work
Yada Yada Blah Blah
Light bulb came on over my head, and I checked Tablet, Phone, Kindle,Laptop
and they were connected.
OH NOOOOO! I spent almost 2 hours on this, called support and had a fun time with Mark
I said Quick Question. 
He laughed and said Oh NO, when someone says Quick Question, I know it will not be.
we had a good laugh, and I said let me see how long this takes.
He listened to my story, and said let me check your internet, all was fine, I already know that.
then he said
How Old Is Your Computer?
I started laughing, he started laughing and I said 10 years old.
There you have it, he said..
I said
 I am only talking to you because my husband would not believe me when I told him there was no internet.
I asked him How long did this call take?
He replyed 6 minutes, I will take that all day long.
Ding Dong The computer is Dead
to be continued


18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are back early, what a nice surprise!! But now it seems like you need a new computer! When mine went out last fall, I could not find a new one in the stores that I liked. So our computer shop installed a brand new lightening fast hard drive in it. So, new computer in an old shell. I love it! Can't wait to hear your story.

CheerfulMonk said...

Welcome back! My computer still works but my keyboard gave up the ghost for some reason...it won't type numbers or the symbols on the number keys. I've ordered a new one and am using the on from the other Mac Mini. Andy mostly uses it for checking the weather, and he doesn't need the number keys for that. Please let us know what you end up getting.

Rose said...

I missed you! Waiting to hear the rest of the story!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love my dell desktop, if something happens to it, I will buy another one. I can not use my kindle or old mini ipad. I do have a laptop, that I hardly ever used. Glad to see you back! Take care, have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

A new hard drive then?f

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
uh oh... Voovoo the Vaio has lots of i'net dropouts and I know that there are a few inner connections that are starting to fail. She is about 12 years old... I got her in India. I love the machine, I love Win7 and I dread, truly dread, ever having to change her... I have been researching just recently, how to go about transferring operating systems onto another drive. Just in case... YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, it's good to see you again.
Boo-hiss on the computer. Ding-dong, ditch. But it sounds like Mark's personality is well-suited (humor) for taking the edge off. Now I'm fretting, wondering how long before my own 10+ y/o Dell decides to roll over and die.

Martha said...

So glad you're back, we missed you! Sorry about the computer, that sucks. Hearing you and Ann talking about cleaning things out are getting me motivated. I was going to do it during a 30 day challenge but I just might have to jump in and get started too.

My Mind's Eye said...

Yay for Mark he sounds like he is a perfect guy for customer support.
TBC
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

So do you have Geek Squad? Ten years is pretty good for a computer. I didn't know that you could put a new hard drive in a old shell like Ginny said.
You were a busy girl.

Inger said...

I've never had a computer last 10 years! I haven't blogged for most of this week, so I didn't know. I missed your emails, of course, but then so much was going on I have been distracted!

photowannabe said...

Wow, it sounds like you got a lot accomplished on your "Time Out".
I sure have a love /hate relationship with our computers. Dave's desktop is giving him fits too. I hate to think of it giving out completely.
Your nook still looks cozy with the fairy lights on.
Glad you are back.
Sue

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Good gravy, then I'd better start planning for a replacement laptop. Mine is a 2009 MAC...YIKES to replace! My internet connectivity is unpredictable...the speed varies although "they" say it's because they are working on the lines every time I inquire...LOL! I took down our stuff inside but left up the wreaths outside...just in case we get snow...:)jp

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes, even computers die and need to be replaced. Hope you didn’t lose any valuable files.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mom gets in some of those cleaning frenzies too, but they don't always last a long time. She is really working to downsize a lot of what is in storage, but it isn't easy to let go. And Dad is no help, in fact he is worse than she is:)

We have an old desktop too that hasn't been turned on in years. Bet it won't work either:)

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Ann said...

After reading Ginny's comment I'm thinking that's a great idea for when mine decides to go to the great beyond.

Linda said...

I love your nook! After I do my hournal entry for tonight, I will spend whatever hours I have left of this day undecorating the living room tree.
Step by step and room by room it is getting done! Like you, I am leaving my white lights up and all the red things. I love pretty!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry about the internet issues. Happy to hear how much you got done. I agree, get off the internet and do stuff. I'm still not feeling well so I haven't been able to do much yet. Calling my doctor's today.