Thursday, January 7, 2021

Thursday Pinky Swear1


NOTE! TAKING FRIDAY AND SATURDAY OFF TO DO, TO DO LIST.

A few of you have been around my blog long enough to remember when I gave up Sugar on Jan 26, 2017 and on Feb 2nd I joined TOPS (take off pounds sensibly)
It took me to the middle of 2018 to lose 64 lbs and I lingered there, only4 lbs from my goal weight
until March 15, 2020
Covid-19 Shut the world down!
TOPS shut down!
My brain said "why eat healthy, the virus will get you and you will die thin and hungry"
I gained 11 lbs. Actually more than that.. I went up and down 2 to 4 lbs many times.
New Years Eve, Dec 31st of 2020
I decided to make all of you my Accountability Partners, like the weekly TOPS visits, 
where we weigh in, say if we went up or down.
If someone will KNOW you gained from Thursday to Thursday it matters.
My Plan is simple and easy, IF I do it, the weight comes off carefully.

Food plan... lots of protein, veggies, fruits and no white flour or sugar.
Eat 5 times a day... 3 meals, 2 snacks.
You bite it your write it down. 
Keep track of every piece of food that goes in my mouth. 
It is called a food journal
Count calories, 1250 to 1500 to lose weight
Last but the most important..
EXCERISE EXCERCISE EXCERCISE
Inactivity is my Enemy!
Thats It.
Each Thursday, I will post the above photo, and tell you if I am up or down or stayed the same weight and if  followed the plan.
Your part will be to either clap or say We are glad you are here.
that is what we do in the meetings. 
It means, You are here, keep trying.
I will add a few things, maybe what I ate, how far I walked. Who Knows what will appear.

My goal is to reach my goal weight, which will be 15 lbs lost by the end of the year.
The doctor chose my goal weight, not me.
If you think 10 pounds is not a big deal, the photos below are each 10 lbs down.
left to right, the last one as low as i went, that means I am back to the bottom middle.
Seaside Simplicity: 30 Day Challenges started on Jan 1, you might want to join her.
I am not doing the 30 day challenge on blog, but will post about the challenge each Thursday for the month of January.
If you want to scroll through someof my TOPS photos Tops Label HERE







29 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

There is a big difference in your face. When I lost 100 pounds, I think 50 of it was all in my face. I never seem to lose weight where I need to. I hope you get all of the things done that you need to!

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm happy to cheer you on, especially because you are choosing a healthy lifestyle. I'm a firm believer in that.

Linda P said...

All the best with the eating sensibly. I hope you get things done on your blogging break that you need to do. I need to keep going with my exercises and maintain a positive mind set as I can't get out on my usual walks.

photowannabe said...

I'm going to try it too. I have been so sloppy with my stopping eating..
I seem to sabotage myself all the time but it has got to come off!!!
Sue

easyweimaraner said...

good luck, we will support you as much as we can... I bought a pedometer thingy... it's my drill instructor... it always says 97% of all users are better than youuuuuu.... that's my trigger... and I hope tomorrow only 96% are better than me (maybe)

Hootin Anni said...

You go girl! I'm backing you up all the way!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Sandra

Good luck, I know you can do it. I will be your cheerleader.
It is important to eat healthy and exercise. Enjoy your days off!

Ann said...

I will gladly be here every Thursday to cheer you on.
I would have a hard time with the three meals a day and 2 snacks. I never eat breakfast because I leave so early in the morning.

Miss Kim said...

I'm clapping for you already :)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
GO FOR IT SANDRA!!! YAM xx

Martha said...

Yay!!! I am so happy to have you as an unofficial TOPS buddy. You know I will be over here cheering for you! The difference in the photos are remarkable. You've done an amazing job so far Sandra. This year messed a lot of us up, but we are back on track. We can do this!

Ella said...

I also try to lose a few pounds ... but I have a different method and I am not writing here otherwise I will get criticized! LOL
Good luck! Hugs!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra, Good luck! I know you can do it. You have plenty of will power for other things.

My Mind's Eye said...

Staying home and being stressed and worried has not been good for anyone's waistline. All we can do OUR best. Happy Friday and Saturday
and thank you for the bday wishes
Hugs Cecilia

Rose said...

You go, girl! I would be happy to just start getting more exercise....

My Tata's Cottage said...

Good luck to you! My big sister belonged to TOPS in the 1960-1970's. She sure loved those ladies. Sugar is hard to give up because it is everywhere. I do try hard. I read a new years resolution where the gal said her goal was to walk one mile a day or 365 miles in a year. My friends mom is 94, lives in Alaska and has walked every single day she she became an adult. WHen visiting her doctor he said she was in excellent health for her age. She said her hands hurt frow arthiritis. He told her to eat a piece of dark chocolate every day and it works better to control it then all the Big Pharm drugs. She is a beautiful lady, looks 60ish.
I sure appreciate knowing you and wish you the best on this very unpredictable journey we are on. We have to keep healthy to keep going.
Have a great rest of the week.

Mevely317 said...

Applauding wildly from (COLD, rainy) Alabama! Unlike me, you're taking the sensible route ... I've been a yo-yo dieter since my teens; and even dabbled in bulimia. The last 3-1/2 years I've kept an Excel spreadsheet, detailing my weight, BP and what I consume. Looking back, I was at my lowest 145 this time 2019, then the highest (155) last September. 'Have been vacillating between 150-152 lately. I'll probably jump on the low-card bandwagon after my last quart of egg nog's consumed (LOL). Because I crave and consume mostly meat -- and have trouble sticking to portion control -- that's the route that works best for me.
Thank you for being my inspiration!

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...I left breathtaking a comment as you wished (her blog comment form is moderated).

DawnTreader said...

Cheering you on! The combination of "lockdown" and weightloss is a tough one. (Myself I ate too many gingerbread cookies during December, and the winter weather not encouraging long walks...)

Breathtaking said...

Hello Sandra! Your determination paid off and I saw your lovely welcoming back comment. I'm so sorry you tried so many times to get through, and don't know why it was so difficult. My comment mode is moderated but it didn't show up. So appreciate your attempts to send a message, even through Anni, also nice of her to tell me you had been trying. A great big hug for trying so hard. x

Ruth Hiebert said...

WIshing you success.

Jeannelle said...

Good job! The series of photos is amazing. They might motivate me to start losing.

Linda said...

You GO, Girl!!!! Clap CLAO ClAp Clap!!!!
I am doing much the same. I count every calorie and write down all my food. I drink wine most days so I must count the calories in that as well. I am not exercising like I should so I will do better there. I'm pretty active in housework and gardening but my body needs the yoga and walking. I'm 5 pounds from my goal and it's not budging but I am staying true to my program!
You Look so GOOD!!!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

2020 was such a challenging year for so many reasons. You sound very committed to us, and we will cross our paws to add a little help to your plan.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

Chatty Crone said...

You go girl - YOU CAN DO IT!

DeniseinVA said...

Marvelous! Congratulations, you look great!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Way to go! I love the Challenge list that Martha shared. I was actually looking at it before I came here to read this post.

Hootin Anni said...

From breathtaking...

Hello Anni, You took some lovely nature shots, all perfectly delightful.

Many thanks for letting me know that Sandra had been trying to comment. Love you both.:=) I'm having difficulties seeing the moderation mode, no clue where it's gone! I'm also having difficulty joining in the fun with various blogs. Google has changed so many things in my absence, and I'm struggling!

Forsythia said...

You can see the change in your photos. More power to you! Please send any pounds you don't want to me--I am WAY too thin right now and would love to put on 12 pounds during 2021. It looks all but impossible, but I can at least try. The doctor said not to lose another pound!