Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Dongles continued

 



















Continued from Prior Post..
Why in the world did the creators of all the All In One Desktops, and it is the same in All Brands mind you, put all the ports behind the middle of the computer, 
ON THE BACK!
The good news is the extra 4 ports dongle has a 2 foot cord and I have it in front, easy peasy access. I lives right under the misplaced WebCam, mentioned to you before in a prior rant.

I decided on this one, because it has the back light and each port can be turned off individually.
Say I have the camera, and two flash drives and my timer goes off, or I need to leave for a while, don't have to eject, just turn off the port and walk away. (taking this snip it from Amazon, I was reminded I need a bigger flash drive, that is now much smaller than my old one and has three times the gigs of space.
The most important feature of all... IT IS PLUG AND PLAY... plug it in, plug something in it and Voila IT works.. needs no installing of drivers.

After I received it, and saw the warning above, I realized the price was 10.99 because the one for 17.99 came with a charger thingy that plugs in it and it can also be a charger...
Don't fret, I did not get upset because   ..............  to be continued

For all the stuff the port thingy does, here is the link. I love it... 



16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hmmm, now I am wanting to know WHY you were not upset by this fact! It is very cool, and I never knew something like this even existed!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I have found my multiport dongle to be of real value - for me, it was to use with the tablet while travelling overseas. I totally understand the frustration about the placement of ports - purely because of 'frontal aesthetics' I suspect. YAM xx

DeniseinVA said...

Can’t wait to see how this turns out.

CheerfulMonk said...

The ports on my Mac Mini are in the back too, for aesthetic reasons. I'm used to it by now. And I charge my devices from the wall, not from my computer, so I would choose this dongle too.

easyweimaraner said...

we hope efurrything works like eggs-pected ;O)

Ann said...

You would think that the ports would be on one side or the other or even along the bottom. I guess they just have to make things difficult.
I think you were not upset because you already bought the one that charges.

Hootin Anni said...

You DO like your tech gadgets! If something turns on or off for me, I'm happy.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I do like the idea of having the Dongle. I do not need one now, I have the ports on my desktop, but if my desktop dies, I will know what to buy. Thanks to you! Have a great day!

My Mind's Eye said...

MS might I say with 100% certainty you were a techie before Techie-ness was cool. Rich gave you a firm foundation which you retained everything and added to that knowledge.
Hugs cecilia

Martha said...

I agree with Anni lol!

Mevely317 said...

Me, too!
On one hand, I'm glad someone invented this technology. On the other, I'm cross because whoever decided to do away with the built-in player shouldn't be calling it "All In One."
True, I shouldn't be talking about stuff I don't understand; there's more important things to get annoyed about. I'm just glad you're doing the hard work and leaving a 'trail of crumbs' on our behalf!

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are becoming quite the techie. Way to go.

Forsythia said...

Impressed and somewhat envious of your continuing journey into deep Techland.

photowannabe said...

Everything sounds so easy for you..you make it logical...
Me???
My brain goes into "Stand by" mode and I just can't remember what to do.
Love reading about all the new things you discover. You are my go to person when I need help.
Can you magically wave your wand and get me back on track with my weight?? Just askin'
Sue

Rose said...

Sometimes I do wonder what people are thinking when they design things..

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We don't get all that IT mumbo jumbo, but we think Mom should definitely get a dongle too:)

\woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber