Thursday, February 11, 2021

Charge! Charged % Charging

 


Continued from Dongles continued
This post has been hanging out in drafts since Jan
I knew I saved it for a reason
 January 10th, I charged on my charge at Amazon, this charging station. 
I can now charge 7 devices at one time on my kitchen counter.
It has 3 power outlets, and 4 USB ports that charge.


The above pics were taken while setting it up. the lower right is a 3 power extension cord, only 20 inches of cord. I used it to put behind the toaster oven for more outlets.
I plugged 3 chargers that go in the wall into it and created 7
I did not buy these but gathered from different places in the house.
BTW I have one in the bathroom wall that stays there for emergency use of cell or kindle that are not fully charge


Above is what the counter looks like today


the tiny extension cord is now hanging from the wall next to my rocker
the short cord, 20 inches brought to mind way back 3 years ago my conversation with an employee that said They Don't Make Short Cords, prior post HERE
which is the port that the Bonsai tree is plugged in so I don't have to use batteries. also gives me an extra charging port by the rocker in case I forget to charge the phone.
Of course The Op Pack made a comment about the wires and now they are The Chronicle of Woes, not WOOS because she sent me the link to THIS and I am fighting the impulse as I type this

Will it ever end????





21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What IS that cable box on your link, the one for $38.00? There was no description anywhere. Are you thinking of buying it? I really like this charger! Our couch has a USB port on each side, and that is where I charge various things. But I could sure use this.

CheerfulMonk said...

Wow, you have a lot of devices!

Tigger's Mum said...

I, the Tigger, suspect all those wires/cables/electrical canals would drive the female human in my house nuts. Mr B would b in 7th heaven; he's always buying new things to plug in and concocting things to plug them into.

easyweimaraner said...

it's like an all in one too... super!

Hootin Anni said...

You are blogland's techno-geek! (And that's a good, sincere remark - derogatory!)

Hootin Anni said...

That should say NOT derogatory.

crafty cat corner said...

Our new sofa has charging points at each end so we both have one each.
When I read the header I thought you and Bob had some new exercise game going, lol
Briony
x

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is nice having the charging station. My computer desk looks awful with all the cords hanging down. They are all plug into to a surge protector. Take care, enjoy your day!

Ann said...

I really got a charge out of this post...ha ha ha. So on your counter, is that a phone or a tablet that is on that black base? Is that a charger as well? I'm also curious about the cable box in the link. Like Ginny I didn't see any description. I'm just full of questions today.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Yes, the tidying and securing of leads and cables is high on my priority list - I have been known to use toilet roll cardboard stuck together to make cable channels - or just good old cable ties. YAM xx

Martha said...

Very useful, but if I had anything like this it would have to be hidden away. Cords and wires drive me insane!

Rose said...

I dont have enough outlets in the right places to go with short cords...the only one that is short is one I use in the kitchen on my kindle.

Mevely317 said...

Tom doesn't know it yet, but he/we need that charging station. Good thing I haven't yet uploaded my Amazon order.
That box is neat, but I'm wondering if someone couldn't make one of their own, using one of the pretty Dollar Store boxes and a Sharpie. Hmmmmmm.......

My Mind's Eye said...

I only have 2 devices that need charging...I bet that made you GASP...just 2. LOL. I do like the link to the hidden cable box the OP sent
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

You have a ton of devices there girlfriend. Yikes.

DawnTreader said...

I've pretty much got into a routine of charging different things in different places. I wouldn't have a good place to put a multi-charger anyway.

photowannabe said...

NOPE, SANDRA..IT WILL NEVER END FOR YOU. YOUR MIND JUST GOES THAT WAY...oops, sorry, I'm not shouting...
Your eagerness to learn and manage will always win!
You are Ever-ready!!
I ordered a new battery for my camera..I sure hope it works on my archaic camera. Its suppose to come Saturday.
It's almost impossible to keep the charge on my old battery. Doing all the eBay photos is very trying so I hope this will be Full Steam ahead.
Sue

Linda said...

I hope it never ends because I learn so much from you! Amber and Mike have a cool charging station and I use it when I am over there. I have one simple charger by the bed. I who have multiples of just about everything!But I only charge my phone and iPad plus the candle lighter thing Amber gave me.
I liked the look of that wooden box on the link. Amber needs something like that! ALl four kids have tablets or some such thing and loads of things to charge from cameras to phones to iPads and more.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It seems that there is no end to the cords and cables we have around the house.i have all but given up on trying to keep them all neat and tidy.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh no, what have we done???? We don't want to be enablers, but the box is really nice for hiding cords. Check the measurements first, though, because that charging station might not fit. We use a power strip.

Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

DeniseinVA said...

Oh wow, that cable box sounds like a good idea ;)