Tuesday, December 14, 2021

It all started with a new Tree 5


This is the Dog Tree, it needs attention. 
Stripped and Redone, I don't want to.
The Dog tree came pre-lit MANY years ago. 

3 dogs in the house and it went down to many times, think barking 60-pound dogs at the window.
I went to Dollar Tree and bought all tacky unbreakable plastic and paper ornaments.
it looked good in the dark, for years!
Last year the lights died. To cut them off, I would have to remove all the cheap stuff and I chose to take wired fairy lights and wrap it like a tree mummy with the lights on the outside of the ornaments.
Are you picking up the fact I hate decorating?
For now, the wrapped tree resides on the kitchen counter.

The bottom looks pretty if you can't see the top.
Cheap, unbreakable, fits in a bag, on a shelf and back out with nothing to do but plug it in.

Now it resides on the kitchen counter.

 



I backed off and thought Linda and Ginny and Annie and Ann would all agree the kitchen was to plain with nothing but a tiny tree.
I grabbed the berries that were in the vase on the kitchen table and plunked it in the bottle that Philomena's Daughter lived in until I tossed her in the trash.
As I staggered to my chair, totally stressed from all these decisions, I realized
the kitchen table had an empty vase.
OY VEY
I rushed to the closet and...........................


20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love it! The tree is absolutely gorgeous, and just the right size for the kitchen. It's even in a pretty vase. You did a lot better than I would have, that's for sure!

Tigger's Mum said...

Great tree. Who cares what the ornaments are made of? F used to use chocolates wrapped in sparkly paper to decorate the xmas tree. That would never work around K9s. It didn't work around our housemates either....

easyweimaraner said...

a dog tree? that is a super idea... we want our own trees too... hope the mama can do two trees for us...

Hootin Anni said...

Actually, the tree is very pretty. Sometimes a simple, empty spot, decorated, is all it takes!!

Ann said...

The tree looks really pretty. The big tree I have in the basement is a pretty ugly tree but at night with the lights and the ornaments it looks quite nice.
As for your counters, I wish mine were that empty sometimes.

Rose said...

I love that tiny tree...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The lights sure do make a room cheery! Everything looks perfect!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
The tree is indeed very pretty... but my faves are the little hanging beads beside it and the berries in the vase! YAM xx

Mevely317 said...

Looks great! I'm loving those pops of crimson -- from the stove-top candle to the toaster, now all complimented by that sweet tree. My very favorite are the holly and the berries in the vase. I could live with that all year long.

PS - I'm probably the last soul to be asking about tree decorations. Not sure if I've said so, but the only decoration on our tree are the built-in, prelit lights. Simple Simon(etta) am I.

Inger said...

Your kitchen looks great, the vase is perfect, the tree is nice and adds a Christmas spirit to your kitchen.

Chatty Crone said...

I love it! The tree is absolutely beautiful, and just the right size for your kitchen counter.

photowannabe said...

Your little tree is perfect in that spot and the berries by the window is perfect too.
Your kitchen sparkles and looks like a magazine ad..mine is so full of clutter but that's the way I seem to live, especially when doing eBay all the time with stuff we are selling gracing our dining room table.
It would so Drive you NUTS...Sometimes it does me too.
We had a big rain storm yesterday and until about 4 AM today. Dave was up most of the night dealing with the sump pumps to keep the yard from flooding and coming near the house. All is good, we are safe and it's all first world problems compared to Kentucky and around there.
Prayers for so many.
Sue

DawnTreader said...

Looks good to me ... I dress and undress my little tree every year, but that's because it's become part of my "Christmas rituals" and I quite enjoy it! :)

CheerfulMonk said...

I think your little tree is pretty. You are decorating a lot more than I am, but zero is a pretty low bar. 😊😀

Linda said...

I think very kitchen deserves a Christmas tree and I think yours is perfect! I wrap trees like mummies, too and I know that' not really how we're supposed to do it but I do it anyway!
I'm still cleaning up all the mice mess! Going to Walmart on our way to the bee meeting for some of Granoa Gus's mouse stuff.....

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You did well, Sandra, and that tree looks festive on your kitchen counter.

DeniseinVA said...

I agree with everyone, it's a beautiful tree!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Totally agree with the crowd...the little tree (no longer alone) looks GREAT, Sandra! I really like that little ornament hanger and ornament next to it too...Gosh, you're good!!...jp

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It looks really cute on the counter. I love the berries! and.....

Breathtaking said...

Hi Sandra,Your tree is just right in that space in your kitchen, also the berry decorations in your vase add the finishing touch.