Friday, January 21, 2022

1863, The Confederate Army in Florida is under attack part 2

 continued from prior post 1863



I hung out the window, trying to get a better view through my long lens, forgetting I could be in danger.






The Confederate Soldiers were under a steady barrage from the rifles of the US Army
bodies were everywhere, smoke was filling the air.


We need to get our Infantry off the train in time to help.
In despair of getting unloaded in time, I saw the Rebel soldiers 
hiding in the grass, they were holding them off until our train could bring relief



They were watching us roll into postion to offload the volunteer Soldiers. Suddenly one of them saw me with my camera and did the SHH sound, telling me to be careful and not warn the Yankees they were there.



to be continued


16 comments:

Tigger's Mum said...

Mr T had a completely off-point question: what happens to dogs and cats when humans do warring?
F likes your sepia by the way. Xxx Mr T

CheerfulMonk said...

You do have a lot of great pictures! ❤️

easyweimaraner said...

yes, it is better to turn off the sound of the cam... not that you will change the history and they have to rewrite all books ;O)

Ann said...

Such excitement. So did us Yankees fire on any innocent civilians? I wonder if by reading this post I could be considered a Yankee spy?

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
These are just awesome, so realistic. I guess I could be a Yankee.
Great photos. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Rose said...

Wondeful pictures! Wonderful story.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
this is gripping... YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

Now, I have a question...we're you hired to photograph for a magazine or newspaper?!??

My Mind's Eye said...

I cannot imagine how hot those uniforms were 1863 or the B.O. in them then and current.
I love the sepia color
Hugs Cecilia

photowannabe said...

How exciting to be involved in the enactment by the man shushing you..that's really playing the part completely.
Well done on the photos.
Sue

Annsterw said...

Great photos - thanks for sharing! Annster's Domain

Breathtaking said...

Sandra, you have done it again! Created an atmosphere of danger and suspense, Gripping stuff, and I loved the inclusion of the shush, making it all the more realistic. Be careful!:=)

NanaDiana said...

Really great pictures, Sandra! Amazing~. xo Diana

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a wonderful war correspondent(and photographer) you are, MS!!

Mevely317 said...

I can almost smell the sulfur from their gunpowder!
Yes, indeed. You'd make an awesome war correspondent.

Chatty Crone said...

You need to come up here and visit Stone Mountain.