Friday, May 13, 2022

Over It! Senior moment 1002

 

The fact my brain just doesn't function well anymore just makes me crazier by the day and I am truly Over It.
It all started when a piece of fish fell off the pan down into the drip pan under the burner. I could not fish it out because the burner was to hot. 😍

Finished with the eating and clean up, I walked away and forgot the fish until I sat the teakettle on the burner at bed time to brew my night time Peppermint Tea.
Again with The Smell, the fish that I did not fish out was burning yet again.
Not only did I forget to remove it, I even forgot it was there until is burned again.
I stuck the pink thing above on the counter, sat the bottle of Krud Kutter  to remind me when I got up to fish out the fish and clean the drip pan.
3:30 am, I see the kettle, the Krud Kutter and the Pink slip and lift the burner out.
SHOCKED TO THE BOTTOM OF MY BARE FEET
I find the drip pan is full of holes, rusted out.
I start removing all the other burners and am muttering and fussing and Bob says, you are going to clean the stove at 3;30 in the morning?
YES! I can not go back to bed and drink coffee thinking about this mess.
I clean everything, put it back together and decide I need to buy porcelain drip pans to replace the metal ones, I mean who puts metal on a stove?
I eat breakfast, walk the dog, and at 7:30 race to Walmart to beat the rush our traffic.
Run in the door, list of 4 things, and of course I cant remember what they were to tell you. Grab the items, race home and put the first two on and love them, I yank the cover off the second set 
and BEHOLD they are Size A and Size B is what fits.
Be glad there is no video. For some reason when I do stupid stuff it makes me so MAD.
I gather up the keys and my phone, make sure I have my wrist wallet because last week I went to Publix to pick up RX and did not take the wallet.
Bob says with aggravation in his voice, where are you going?
I snidely say "were you EVEN LISTENING to what I was saying?
There is more with no need to repeat
I return the A and Grab the B and even though when I went home The First Time, I told Bob I found a something I want and he said We do not NEED a...
To be Continued.

24 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Glad you finally got all the drip pans. Now I want to know if you got what Bob says you do not need, or did you forget it? Yes, our memories are not good anymore. But I am just so thankful that I have Phil, and am not in a nursing home or have cancer.

Catherine - Mixed Media Artist said...

we all do "strange things" when we least expect it! So I'm sure you've not unique :-) You did manage all "in the end" and I'm sorry your "drip pans" needed to be replaced.

Ann said...

That's frustrating when you buy something only to find out when you get it home that it's the wrong size. I usually wait for another day to return though because the closest Walmart is about 20 miles away.
I'm seriously curious now about what it is that you told Bob you wanted. Even more curious as to whether or not you got it.

easyweimaraner said...

I nodded the whole time whle reading...a small piece of fish can become the great white shark (t the smell front) I lost a camembert in the car, found it back after two weeks... horrible...

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I call my hubby "take-it back Wise". He returns so many things.
The drip pans can be so hard to clean off, I think we need new ones too.
Or a new stove. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh lordy, I can literally smell burnt fish odors!! No good.
I write notes often. And customer service knows me by name.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Too much here I identify with... 8~() YAM xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure hope they work. It seems like when things get dated, you can't even find a replacement that works. It's hard not to feel upset....hope you have a peaceful rest of the day!

Mevely317 said...

How I use to loathe cleaning the drip pans! Okay. Maybe if I'd stayed on top of it they wouldn't have become so stained, etc. Finally, when we put the house up for sale I went and bought new ones. Only to discover after I got the first set home, they make different sizes depending on the stove's manufacturer. Good grief.

Now I can't wait to learn what it is YOU want but Bob says WE don't need. Hmmm... is that a clue?

My Mind's Eye said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me I don't like the smell of fresh fish I cannot imagine the aroma when twice burned.
I'll never forget the last mess I had when we had our last stove with burners like that. I was making soup in a huge pyrex pan...that had a small crack (which I didn't notice).
It was the biggest mess I've ever seen. Now we have a glass cook top...
Hugs Cecilia

Rose said...

A mind is a terrible thing to lose...and I think I lost mine a long time ago. At the least I have glitches...though I often say I hit a dent. I used to make records...the 33 lp albums...and one of the times the stampers would get would be a dent which caused the record to skip. so I also say I hit a dent in my brain.

jackie said...

Whatever it is that you want and he said you don't need it --I hope you just get it...

Chatty Crone said...

Haha we live parallel lives for sure girl!

photowannabe said...

That makes 3 of us...Chatty Crone, you and I.
I don't know what I would do without those "sticky notes". There is always an ongoing list of should-a ,would-a, could-a stuff to get...do...purchase...
Waited with baited breath to find out what you want and Bob says you don't need...
Sue

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow! Sorry about all of that. You may need a nap today. Will be watching for "to be continued."

Tigger's Mum said...

Trade it all in for a ceramic top stove - easy clean. Better still contemplate an induction stove - heats and cooks faster than gas but can't set fire to stuff like teatowels left on the stove. F's converted to induction cooking to protect us from dangerous senior moments in our kitchen. So what else did you buy? Xxx Mr T

Ruth Hiebert said...

Life at your house must always be filled with excitement .

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh dang ... You left us a cliffhanger. That's pretty good though. I like that. The metal, yeah, not sure if it's supposed to be easier to clean or not but yeah, hot stuff.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

I have taken to setting alarms and writing lists about every little thing...and sometimes that doesn't work either!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Unless I write things before going to the store, I always forgot something, Sandra. Fish smells can be nasty especially the burnt ones. At least this incident caused you to get new drip pans, so you should be OK for awhile.

Betty Manousos said...

I always write things before going shopping. am had you finally got all the drip pans. I think it’s normal to forget things from time to time. that happens to me more often than not because of stress and lack of sleep. argh...

Betty Manousos said...

sorry I meant to say.. “ I am glad “

DeniseinVA said...

I have to do a check list whenever I go shopping. Sometimes it works ;) My senior moments seem to be getting more frequent!

CheerfulMonk said...

You have a lot of company!