Sunday, May 22, 2022

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZtttt



I finally figured out just how much I want for my 10 am Snack and I decided I like it in a pretty glass cup instead of a short ugly plastic juice cup.
4 squares frozen watermelon, 2 giant frozen strawberries and you can see how much water I used.
ZZZZZT ZZZZZZZZZZZY by bullet blender

The good news is. If I eat watermelon without blending it, it hurts my tummy.
blended to smithereens it does not affect it at all.

The crazy thing is, If I eat protein with it, look out.

Did you know Protein and Fruit create a bloating and gas.

Protein mixes with fruit and slows digestion. Slow digestion lets it sit and ferment
and build a bloat.

Peanut butter and Jelly is protein and fruit. If you eat Peanut Butter and Orange Marmalade it is OK...
I do not like to drink out of the cup, even though it says I can.
It has rings on the rim and I prefer smooth glass. Not rippled plastic
 


14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is so pretty and frothy! And this pretty glass mug probably makes it taste even better! I think you are getting closer to having your degree as a nutritionist!

DeniseinVA said...

It does look pretty, especially in the glass you chose. I learned a few things here also. Thanks for the info.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Making me drool!!! YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

I would think it depends on the individual's digestive system as to what can be eaten. I do like the beautiful serving you show us.

Ann said...

That looks really good.
I'm in trouble because I love peanut butter and jelly.

Tigger's Mum said...

We are with you on the cup thing - coffee and tea should always be in a cup or mug and definitely with a smooth edge. Cardboard and plastic for drinks are the devils creations. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. xxx Mr T (and F).

eileeninmd said...

Good morning,
Your fruit smoothie looks yummy. I should buy one of those Bullet Blender just for the smoothies. I learned something new with the protein and fruit together is a no-no. Take care, have a great day!

Rose said...

I did not know that about fruit and protein. That looks and sounds like it woukd be delicious on a hot day

Mevely317 said...

GOOD to know about the protein and fruit combo. (Not that I ever eat fruit willingly, lol.) I totally believe drinks taste better depending on what kind of glass/cup I use. It may all be 'in my head' but I'm still doing it. Yours is so pretty! Looks like something they'd serve at a beach bar.

PS - BTW, check out my FB link about the PB recall! I can't win the lottery, but darn if my nearly new jar wasn't a match. (*sigh*)

My Mind's Eye said...

What a refreshing glass of goodness!
Yep too much fruit will surely bloat.
Hugs Cecilia

Chatty Crone said...

Looks good and I do think what we put it in makes a difference.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That slushie looks refreshing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I didn't know that about protein. Your drink looks yummy. I need to get back into making those. I do love fruit. Do you buy a watermelon or pineapple and cut them up?

CheerfulMonk said...

Hurray! 👍