Friday, July 28, 2023

Death of a Bullet Blender my Final Friday Feature

 

Some of you might remember I posted my excitement about my new Bullet Blender exactly 94 days ago. For 94 days, I ate fake ice cream at 10 am every day, in love with the Bullet Blender...it lived 94 days and Friday at 10 it died, lucky thing was, it made my fake ice cream before it died.

The longer I fretted over they might not have one at Walmart and I would have to order one, the later it got. I fretted that I would have to wait two days, if I did have to order.

Knowing I could not live without my 10 am fake ice cream made from frozen strawberries/mangos in Vanilla soy milk, I did the unthinkable and went to WALMART at 11:30 AM. ( I  always shop at 6 am, empty store/empty parking lot/zero traffic) 

 I drove through traffic, and when I got to the last traffic signal IT TURNED GREEN!

Searching for a parking spot that I can drive through park because backing out of a Walmart Parking Lot at noon, on the only road to our beaches, is a dangerous thing.

 I saw ONE spot, NOT a drive through and thought JUST PARK, and be careful backing out. for some reason, I always park next to a LARGE VAN/TRUCK. As I pulled in next to the TRUCK, the one that would block the view when I backed out,  I spied the woman in front of me, climbing in her jeep and pulling on her seat belt.

I left the car running and waited for her to fiddle with her phone, reach into the back seat, fiddle some more and at last carefully back out from between two small cars. I pulled forward and sighed in relief. After shopping I would be able to pull out and I was aimed right at the traffic signal that would allow me into the BEACH traffic.

Fretting in my head, KNOWING they would not have the MagicBullet, the one I wanted last time and did not buy because of the price, which created this problem in the first place, I walked to the aisle, and they had TWO, just like I wanted.

 Grabbing it, I raced around the store with my list of 4 other items I needed, each one in a far corner of the 10-acre store. 

As I put the last item in the basket and headed for the check out, I saw the new sign that said Charley's Philly Steaks had opened, right next to the check out and thought YAY! I will order one for Bob and avoid the dreaded cooking.  I stood waiting behind the only person ordering, the one who had 3 children and her mother, and all 5 of them Could NOT decide what they wanted. 

The store is flooded at lunch time because it is an easy drive from the beaches to get food. I asked the cashier If I could pick it up after I went through the check out and she smiled and said I will keep it right here, just come to me, she patted the counter, and I flew to the self-checkout to come to a screeching halt because all 20 self-checks had someone using it. Something I had never seen before. (Remember the 6 am shopping)

I scanned all items, ran back to Charley's and she pointed at me, pointed at the grill and mouthed the words, that's yours. She brought it to me, with a smile, I fought my way through the crowd and to my car.

NO BIG TRUCK had parked beside me, I saw there were still two tiny see around cars and as I pulled out, not backing up, behold the traffic signal TURNED GREEN!

For the first time ever, I had to WAIT for a self-check out!  there were 20 and all had people using them. 

All of this was JUST TOO MUCH! 

I returned home with my new Magic Bullet Blender,

 I did not have to cook, 

I found a parking spot, 

TWO LIGHTS TURNED GREEN 

and I was home in under 45 minutes.

PLUS not only does it spin like crazy, making super fake shakes, it came with THREE cups with Lids and a sippy lid in case I want to take a shake with me the next time I go to Walmart at NOON.



Joining Final Feature with Yam...



18 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

yay for the new blender... and the tastiest snacks for you...

Ann said...

For starting out bad with the magic bullet kicking the bucket, it sure ended with LOTS of good luck. Glad you were able to get what you wanted.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I am guessing the first 'magic bullet' was not the actual and original, which is why it couldn't stay the distance for your soy shakes... and I hope this proper Magic Bullet goes for 9400 days! The tale of your big midday adventure was perfect to share for FFF - ta for that! YAM xx

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Let’s hope that the new device lasts longer than the earlier one. Appliances these days, large or small, don’t have a great reputation for durability and longevity.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It seems appliances do not last very long, I have bought two drip coffee makers from Walmart and they both act up right away. They turn off in the middle of the dripping. I am glad all went well with this shop trip, they had your Magic Bullet. I will park further away just to be able to have a spot I can pull out of, people walking and driving can be scary at times. Enjoy your shakes, they sound yummy. Have a great day!

Betty Manousos said...

reading your post, I felt a bit stressed out in the beginning, (it’s something I can’t do myself because of my knee pain) but I’m so glad you were able to get what you wanted. under 45 minutes! wow! have a great day! xoxo

Rose said...

I think you should ho buy some lottery tickets!

photowannabe said...

Whew!!! I'm exhausted from your daring adventure..
So glad you survived and were "blessed " at every turn.
Happy Fake Ice Cream at 10AM!
Early day at Lynne's today. Will get home by 1 pm and then my day is totally free.
Think we will be able to sit outside while its still not blistering hot..win/win for us.
Sue

My Mind's Eye said...

Sometimes things just workout to our amazement.
Every once and a while we'll get all the lights green on the way home from chores etc. Mindblowing
Hugs and happy weekend
Cecilia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So glad you got your new bullet. Glad that parking space came available. Sorry about the checkout but glad you were able to pick up that beef sandwich after you checked out.

Chatty Crone said...

What an adventure.
Andy loves my Magic Bullet and they put it on their shower list. Guess who bought it for them? ME!

Mevely317 said...

It's so purdy!
I've never heard of Charley's Philly Steaks, and I'm thinking that might warrant an in-store look about next time. People like those folks in front of you get me so aggravated; make up your minds, already -- or step aside. Ugh.

I'm just like you about parking; and will happily walk further just to get a drive-through spot. Tom calls it, "pulling a Myra."

DawnTreader said...

Well done, and I'm glad you found a new blender - I hope it will last a lot longer than the old one!

CheerfulMonk said...

A day to remember! I'm so happy that things went well. ❤️

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is such an amazing story to me!! Considering all the trouble you had, it still worked out so wonderfully! 20 self checks, all with people. Your W.M. even HAS TWENTY!!! Ours has two, one on each side of the store. I also have certain appliances that I would not like going even a day without! For me, it is the coffee maker and the toaster oven. I don't think I have used our regular oven in over ten years. You are tempting me with the Bullit!

DeniseinVA said...

Thought it was brave of you to go when you did. Beach traffic is stressful to the max. Glad it turned out well.

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

WAHOO!! We love a story with a happy ending!!
Great job Sandra!!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

What an adventure you had! You should have bought the 2nd blender, they might not have another one in another 94 days!