Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Mouse Shoulder AKA, RMS

 

Hi, my name is Sandra and I am suffering from Mouse Shoulder
Don't fret! I've had it before and I've had it for almost 20 years. That age it comes more often. Copied and pasted the the information below from a post that I did in the middle of 2020 lockdown to tell you what was going on then and what is going on now

Yes, AI and I are at it again.. 

My shoulder, neck, arm and hand have been more pain that I could stand at times. 

The diagnosis is RMD also called RMS, and the easy way to search is Mouse Shoulder, No I did not get bitten by a mouse. Repetitive Movement Syndrome.. I HAVE it and have for years. It happens when I PLAY to much on a computer.

What does repetitive movement mean?

Definition. Repetitive motion disorders (RMDs) are a family of muscular conditions that result from repeated motions performed in the course of normal work or daily activities. 

For me, mine is Computer and other devices over use. Mouse and TYPING... I pretty much live on the computer. I am going to take a few days off, to decide, what and how to do.

There are exercises and mine can be fixed by STOPPING using the computer. 24 hours off and I am pain free.

She is pointing at her left shoulder, mine is my right. AI was confused

My personality always makes me go crazy when I get a new device, I now have SIX active and 3 or 4 laying around not active. When I get something new I go crazy until I know all it will do... 
Since my skin cancer removal is tomorrow at noon, I am going to take the day off and either come back Friday or Saturday.  
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea, because I use the devices to keep my sanity, but when the shoulder hurts, the devil wins. 
All Graphics today by Bing AI and I, the MadSnapper



21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm so sorry!!!!

CheerfulMonk said...

I'm so sorry! And I hope the skin cancer removal goes well tomorrow. We will be thinking of you and wishing you well. ❤️

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Focus on healing, we're patient...YAM xx

Ann said...

So sorry. Sending good thoughts your way for the skin cancer removal. Rest that shoulder

Tigger's Mum said...

Ha ha - your message yesterday referred to mouth shoulder and I did wonder!??!!! Good luck with the skin cancer treatment (oh goodness another round) and give the should some rest (think about touch pad or roller ball pointers or something for a bit of variation. (Or maybe challenge yourself and change hands!)

David M. Gascoigne, said...

My advice would be to join a local nature group and enjoy the company of great people, get out regularly, learn new things and above all wean yourself away from this technology addiction.

Rose said...

Oh, wow, will be glad when tomorrow is over for you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I am sorry to hear about your shoulder pain, at least you know how to make yourself pain free. Best wishes on you skin cancer removal. Take care, enjoy your day!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good wishes being sent your way, Sandra, for your procedure and also that the RMS situation improves with some rest. I use a mouse but ore often use a trackpad on my notebook, PC, and thankfully have not experienced similar issues.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That shoulder fun is not fun at all. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, we'll all be thinking of you.

Mevely317 said...

Great graphics! Wow, I'd love to have that girl's tan.
I'm so sorry the RMS gremlin back. Okay, I'll allow you've probably already researched, but.
I'm wondering if there's not some sort of brace you could wear that might alleviate the pain? Like that my friend was given after her shoulder surgery.

My Mind's Eye said...

Ditto to what YAM said.
I hope tomorrow's surgery goes well. It will give you some time to give the shoulder a rest too.

Hugs Cecilia

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Have to agree with Yamini and Cecilia....rest Sandra, we aren't going anywhere!

Feel better soon!

photowannabe said...

I'm so sorry you are in such pain. I hope the days off will help.
Praying for your skin cancer removal will go well and that will be the end of it.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Sparky said...

So sorry to hear this! Prayers for healing. I know it's maddening but do try to rest. Get well soon.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

so sorry. Mom gets that in her neck when she spends too much time bending over a jigsaw puzzle or sitting too long crocheting. Feel better and good luck with the appointment.

Woos - Misty and Timber

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad that you are getting your surgery over and behind you. PRAYERS.
Also it will be good to rest your shoulder during this time!

DawnTreader said...

I know too well what you mean, having chronic problems with my right shoulder/arm myself... Hope all goes well with the surgery.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Chronic pain and problems are hard to deal with but we research and do all we can. I have relly good results with Frankencense in a rollerball for my aching knees. You are great with the AI . Wow! I hope you have a good weekend.

DeniseinVA said...

I had not heard of this problem before but good to know time away will help a lot. I have read your latest post about your procedure. Prayers heading your way.

Rose said...

I am surprised more of us do not have this.