Its Been A Minute, since last we met.
Copy Cat has returned, it appears my mind did a reset.
Ann from SnapEditScrap sketches, I do a copy cat inspired by hers. She uses colored pencils, I paint in Procreate on my iPad.
Two inchworms baked upon the shore,
Their tiny segments fried and sore.
"This beach is brutal!" one exclaimed,
"My little rear end's getting flamed!"
Their tiny segments fried and sore.
"This beach is brutal!" one exclaimed,
"My little rear end's getting flamed!"
Now they are safe within a shady yard,
They drink from puddles, living large,
Where tall grass provides a screen,
And no one turns to sun-baked green.
Where tall grass provides a screen,
And no one turns to sun-baked green.
They found lots of dirt to rest their head,
They found an oil pan oasis instead,
Filled up with rain—a backyard sea,
As perfect as a pool could be.
They found an oil pan oasis instead,
Filled up with rain—a backyard sea,
As perfect as a pool could be.
A wild mottled duck, big and round,
Came waddling up across the ground.
Instead of gulping down a snack,
He gave a friendly, cheerful quack.
Came waddling up across the ground.
Instead of gulping down a snack,
He gave a friendly, cheerful quack.
He dipped his beak to share the pool,
And helped the inchworms stay quite cool,
By splashing water with his wing,
To shade them from the summer sting.
And helped the inchworms stay quite cool,
By splashing water with his wing,
To shade them from the summer sting.
Now side by side the trio stays,
To spend the sunny garden days,
Two tiny worms, one gentle drake,
Relaxing by an oil pan lake.
To spend the sunny garden days,
Two tiny worms, one gentle drake,
Relaxing by an oil pan lake.
Co-authored by MadSnapper and Google AI
Finny the fish saw a face through the glass,
The handsomest dog in the whole puppy class!
He puckered his lips on the aquarium wall,
But Rex just licked glass and saw nothing at all!
Smooch goes the minnow! Slurp goes the hound!
The foggiest love story ever was found!
Two wet little noses, a barrier between,
The cleanest glass kiss that you ever have seen!
co-authors MadSnapper and Google AI





25 comments:
I adore the way you combined 2 apparently unrelated pictures into one - and changed the facial expressions...❤️❤️❤️ … then the poem ro go with it. You genuinely should contemplate writing and illustrating your own children's book.
I ❤️ this sooo much! It seriously needs to be a children's book!
Well done! 👍😊❤️
I love your pictures and the cute stories to go with them.
👏👏👏 very good, Sandra. The poems are awesome. I agree with Myra. A children's book indeed.
Your poem is amazing, And SO cute!!! It tells a story and I loved it. The two inchworms drinking from a straw are so silly and I bet they give us all a laugh!! And you have always been an expert at that.
I don't usually like worms, but you made yours so cute and lovable. I hope you had fun doing this post - because it sure was fun reading it. I love the pups too. Gotta keep that smile.
Oh, this was fun! I enjoyed your poem.
love the worms... we feel the same at the back end hahahaha
Hari OM
I second what Tigger's Mum said... and once again applaud your skill at making your 'copies' eniterly your own! YAM xx
Not only are your copy cat pictures fantastic but the poems to go with them are adorable. I love them all. So glad you found something that inspired you to draw.
Folk art and poetry combined! You are the Grandma Moses of South Florida, Sandra. Musing, doodling, creating, and entertaining us all, and making us happy that life is tranquil for you right now. Who knew that inchworms and ducks could portray such charm and bring happiness? Throw in a dog with a wet nose and you have it all! Stay well - David❤️
Hello Sandra,
I love the cute worms, the dog and the fish. Your poems are adorable. Keep smiling. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!
Indeed Smile it makes a difference.
MS you and AI need to write a book of poetry.
Hugs to the Double B's and You
Cecilia
You and Ann are both so talented. I like the last with the two wet noses! How precious! Have a good day sweet lady!
you are quite the artist and poet!
What fun! I love it and you and Ann are both very talented. xo Diana
Love these copycats of yours from Ann's drawings, and a fun read of the poetry too. Think of you often and always great to see you.
Cutest copy cats!!!
I like what you did. I also like what you wrote. Very nice. Yes, a smile does make a difference.
By the end of the poem, I was feeling quite attached to those two little inch worms! Great partnership with Google AI. I also love the last one. Hugs to everyone and kisses to Beau.
Those were all fun, fun, fun, ya done good and it's so nice to see a post from you. Big hugs from all of us!
I do enjoy your posts, when you have a bit of time to do one now.
It's funny you talked on my blog about a burro carrying burdens, that's exactly what I was going for. A brilliant old country pastor pointed out once one great interpretation of The Good Samaritan is our Heavenly Father is the innkeeper, Jesus is the Samaritan, the person by the side of the road is anyone who needs His help, and His current followers need to be the beast of burden, a donkey or burro, patient and obedient and carrying whatever burdens our Master asks of us.
You and your sweet husband are in my prayers.
What a fun set of copy cattings and those poems, yes indeed, I had a big grin! Thanks for the fun post! Prayers to both of you and toBeau!
🥰 🙏
Glad to see you in creative copy cat mood! :) Sometimes just "playing around" for a while can be just what we need...
Post a Comment